Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battle of Clontarf Brian Boru 10

Options
  • 24-03-2014 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭

Anyone planning to run this? Just found it while looking for something to work off possible Easter excesses...

http://www.rahenyshamrock.ie/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Is the course for this all in St. Annes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Bahanaman wrote: »
    Is the course for this all in St. Annes?

The race begins on the Main Avenue in St Anne's Park and the participants complete a loop of the Park before exiting onto Sybil Hill Road; the road continues along Vernon Avenue, Castle Avenue, Kincora Avenue, Seapark Road and Mount Prospect Avenue before the runners reenter the Park at the Rose Garden where they complete another loop before the finish on the Main Avenue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

pistol_75 wrote: »
    The race begins on the Main Avenue in St Anne's Park and the participants complete a loop of the Park before exiting onto Sybil Hill Road; the road continues along Vernon Avenue, Castle Avenue, Kincora Avenue, Seapark Road and Mount Prospect Avenue before the runners reenter the Park at the Rose Garden where they complete another loop before the finish on the Main Avenue

Any links to a map?

Bahanaman wrote: »
    Any links to a map?

No. Did you check the link provided? That's where I got the information

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

From knowing the area and seeing that route, its flat and should produce quick times. Its incorporating the Leinster 10 mile road race to i read somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭smmoore79

Sweet, Im in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

I reckon I'm in for this as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Should be good, Im in too

tunguska wrote: »

Can we get a team for this?

Nice one, we can pace each other to 53 mins !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

just curious, why is the Leinster 10 mile championship being held in Dublin?

RayCun wrote: »
    just curious, why is the Leinster 10 mile championship being held in Dublin?

Dublin is in Leinster ;-)

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Dublin is in Leinster ;-)

for athletics competition the provinces are
    Dublin
    Bog 1
    Bog 2
    Bog 3
    Bog 4

and Leinster is one of those bogs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

RayCun wrote: »
    for athletics competition the provinces are
    Dublin
    Bog 1
    Bog 2
    Bog 3
    Bog 4

and Leinster is one of those bogs :)

And Jackeens wonder why the whole country hates 'em so much!:cool::D

belcarra wrote: »
    And Jackeens wonder why the whole country hates 'em so much!:cool::D

we already knew.
    Envy :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,374 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I registered for this yesterday but I have never run 10 miles before :eek:

What training would you guys recommend? I did 10K yesterday morning at a slow pace and was comfortable enough. I am thinking to do 3 shorts (5K at a faster pace) per week and one long 10K increasing by 2K each week. Does that sound reasonable or should I be aiming for more? My goal, I suppose, is completion in 1 hr 40.

If I do 10 mile does that mean I am a real runner???:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Didn't really plan on being in Dublin for Easter but this is tempting...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I registered for this yesterday but I have never run 10 miles before :eek:

What training would you guys recommend? I did 10K yesterday morning at a slow pace and was comfortable enough. I am thinking to do 3 shorts (5K at a faster pace) per week and one long 10K increasing by 2K each week. Does that sound reasonable or should I be aiming for more? My goal, I suppose, is completion in 1 hr 40.

If I do 10 mile does that mean I am a real runner???:D
    If you do 10k, then you are already a real runner. Take a look at these 15k/10 mile training programs and structure your training around the one that most suits your current level/commitment.

drquirky wrote: »
    Can we get a team for this?

I'd say so. I reckon Paddy will be up for it and I'd say Tomo will do it aswell. Luke and Simon might go for it to.
    smmoore79 wrote: »
    Nice one, we can pace each other to 53 mins !

I'd be up for that if I was in anyway fit but I've done fcukall since the marathon. I'd say I could swing sub 56 at best right now, so you'd be a fair bit ahead of me on the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

I'd say so. I reckon Paddy will be up for it and I'd say Tomo will do it aswell. Luke and Simon might go for it to.

Hadn't planned on doing it however if needed for a team I could be open to running it. Good chance for me to set a 10mile time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 expato

Any map for course anywhere?

I'd be up for that if I was in anyway fit but I've done fcukall since the marathon. I'd say I could swing sub 56 at best right now, so you'd be a fair bit ahead of me on the day.

I havent done any specific 10 mile workouts in yonks and its been a few weeks since I did any long run! So I may be hitting 56 too. Am half thinking that a pb isnt necessarily a done deal..

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

expato wrote: »
    Any map for course anywhere?

Should be one coming tomorrow.

An updated course description is below

Basically the race consists of 2 loops of park on paths and roads ( 8.5 miles) separated by 1.5 miles on adjacent public roads Sybil Hill/Vernon Avenue and Mount Prospect Avenue. The race starts and finishes in park.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

A course map for Monday as provided by the Race Organiser

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,374 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

emerald007 wrote: »
    A course map for Monday as provided by the Race Organiser

Christ. What have I done?:eek:

I'm guessing it isn't too fast, eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

drquirky wrote: »
    I'm guessing it isn't too fast, eh?

Looks lightning fast but there may be an element of orienteering involved to not get lost with doubling over yourself so much :P

Seriously? I wouldnt have entered had I known it'd be like that. Its like an F1 circuit....

I take it doesn't go up that hill they use in raheny. 5? Turns don't bother a midget like me lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Ferris B

Looks like someone let their 2 yr old loose with a few markers.

Bonus points if you complete the course in the right order.

Advertisement