Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battle of Clontarf Brian Boru 10

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

As far as I know, the car park gates don't open till 9am, so I think it would be hard to have time for registration and a kids' race before all the 10 mile runners started getting onto position at about 9.50. But at least the kids will have the 10 mile spectators etc to cheer them on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

Best of luck to all those running this today...ENJOY!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

PB in the bag! Race report to follow (maybe) :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Some morning for this, a little on the hot side for me but I enjoyed it. I love running in St Anne's so its great to have another race in it. 1:18:4X or so, no PB but I was not feeling it from early so did not go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

Big well done to Raheny on this one - the entire course was inside St Anne's park which made for a sharp corner or 2 too many but they did a great job with marshaling the route. A nice, hefty goodie bag afterwards too :-)

Very enjoyable race and I'm glad I did it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

Great day today, well done and thanks Raheny Shamrocks! Bit of work to be done on the course route still but overall nice to have it all in the park, sharp turns and all. Great support from everyone; stewards, boardsies and general cheerers. Sun helped too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Dubgal72 wrote: »
    Great day today, well done and thanks Raheny Shamrocks! Bit of work to be done on the course route still but overall nice to have it all in the park, sharp turns and all. Great support from everyone; stewards, boardsies and general cheerers. Sun helped too :)

You'll have that table full in no time. Nice to meet you this morning.

As the others said; a really well organised raced although there were probably too many sharp corners and 180 turns to be a really fast course.

Looking forward to getting tucked in to the goody bag!!

menoscemo wrote: »
    You'll have that table full in no time. Nice to meet you this morning.

As the others said; a really well organised raced although there were probably too many sharp corners and 180 turns to be a really fast course.

Looking forward to getting tucked in to the goody bag!!

Thanks! Lovely to meet you too meno. Tucking into a protein bar as we speak :D (8 protein/energy bars in my pack! :eek: ... And the rest!)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭P_Fitz

I think the contents of the goody bag was worth more that the race entry fee! Best I've ever seen by a mile. Well done Raheny.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

It was a great race, and congrats to Raheny. I guess wedged between the Raheny 5, and Road relays, they don't want to disturb the local neighbourhood any more than they should, but would really love to see it run outside of the park, and it could be a super-fast race. It was a little too twisty to run a really decent time. A lot of potential spots to go wrong too, if you don't have runners in front of you to follow. The grass section was a little unexpected (so much so, that I nearly left the park, and was headed back home in the direction of Wicklow, before the generous-spirited lads called me back!). That final mile was also pretty soul-destroying, when I realized that it wasn't straight to the finish. I'd been winding up the pace so that extra turn nearly killed me off completely!

Anyway, many thanks to the organizers and volunteers for a great race experience. There'll be a few red necks tomorrow after that sunshine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭vanderlyle

+1 to all of the above. Well-organised race, measured perfectly despite all the loops and turns. Marshals were great with plenty encouragement along the route.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,374 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

That final mile was also pretty soul-destroying, when I realized that it wasn't straight to the finish. I'd been winding up the pace so that extra turn nearly killed me

Yeah that got me too. All in all a good event. The marshals were excellent this year too. Only my second 10 mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭geld

Anyone have a link to the results?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

geld wrote: »
    Anyone have a link to the results?

http://www.championchipireland.com/results/index.php

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭hillsiderunner

Very enjoyable race overall, and very well stewarded with people standing to block any wrong-turn! Now if you could lower the temperature about 5C-6C next year ;)....

It was a great race, and congrats to Raheny. I guess wedged between the Raheny 5, and Road relays, they don't want to disturb the local neighbourhood any more than they should, but would really love to see it run outside of the park, and it could be a super-fast race. It was a little too twisty to run a really decent time. A lot of potential spots to go wrong too, if you don't have runners in front of you to follow. The grass section was a little unexpected (so much so, that I nearly left the park, and was headed back home in the direction of Wicklow, before the generous-spirited lads called me back!). That final mile was also pretty soul-destroying, when I realized that it wasn't straight to the finish. I'd been winding up the pace so that extra turn nearly killed me off completely!

Anyway, many thanks to the organizers and volunteers for a great race experience. There'll be a few red necks tomorrow after that sunshine!

Ah jeez KC, so modest. Chatting to you afterwards and now in your race summary, you didn't even mention once that you came 2nd overall and first aulfella.

Well done!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

A lot of potential spots to go wrong too, if you don't have runners in front of you to follow.

...this is the running equivalent of first world problems :D well done, sounds like another good result for you KC...

Ah jeez KC, so modest. Chatting to you afterwards and now in your race summary, you didn't even mention once that you came 2nd overall and first aulfella.

Well done!!

How did you get on Meno? where's your race report???

annapr wrote: »
    How did you get on Meno? where's your race report???

Ah it was grand in retrospect. Not as fast as I wanted to be but I ran as well as I could.
    I'm taking solace from the fact that most people seemed to miss their target times (except the sandbaggers like Dubgal ;))

Ah it was grand in retrospect. Not as fast as I wanted to be but I ran as well as I could.
    I'm taking solace from the fact that most people seemed to miss their target times (except the sandbaggers like Dudgal ;))

hmm, sounds like it could have been worse then... seems like a tricky enough course.

:) you better not call her that to her face :)

DG and Duanington seem to be knocking out daily PB's these days...

• Advertisement

annapr wrote: »
    :) you better not call her that to her face :)

oops, fmp!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 expato

Great stuff. Great race. Great job. Its something to look forward to each year. Well done all round.

oops, fmp!!

Too late meno...evil oops eagle eye Anna is on the job ;)

evil Anna stitched you up

yeah I know, terrible isn't it? ;)

Too late meno...evil oops eagle eye Anna is on the job ;)

haha... can't miss an opportunity to stir some sh1t around here ;)

thought maybe it was another reference to DG's shorts...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Killerz

Well done Krusty and fellow boardsies - warm enough day for it. I was down watching the race and was glad to be basking in the sun rather than running :)

I think the finishing 'straight' caught a few people mentally alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Anyone got a link for the full results?
    Edit: Got them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭webpal

As a matter of interest, did anyones gps watch play tricks with them? Most of markers were off on mine and it measured the course at 9.78. Although the shortcuts accross the pitches were tempting, I stuck to the paths. I know there were a lot of trees around but just wondering if my watch is broken.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,374 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

The short laps at the start confused my garmin and it measured the first km about 50m short. In total the distance it measured was 16.08km. It was there and there abouts at each mile marker give or take .04km.

edit - the temptation to step over the tape on the Avenue and go the other way ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

webpal wrote:
    As a matter of interest, did anyones gps watch play tricks with them? Most of markers were off on mine and it measured the course at 9.78. Although the shortcuts accross the pitches were tempting, I stuck to the paths. I know there were a lot of trees around but just wondering if my watch is broken.

Mine was the same, I am a modern man so operate in KM I think it came in about 15.90 km.

Advertisement