Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

German Luftwaffe A310 in Cork

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Great clip! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭radar0976

Jack1985 wrote: »
    Great clip! :)
    Thanks. Glad you enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Ahh, so thats what I saw flying over work on saturday, just my luck.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭kub

Excellent thanks OP, he didn't even travel as far as the intersection while taking off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 doc5

Thanks for that radar0976.

If you don't mind me asking, how do you know when these kind of things are coming into Cork?

• Advertisement

doc5 wrote: »
    Thanks for that radar0976.

If you don't mind me asking, how do you know when these kind of things are coming into Cork?
    Ah now, I certainly can't be revealing my sources on a public forum! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Image from Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Quaderno

Oh, this is an interesting one. This particular plane was the last of three A310s, delivered as DDR-ABC to the now defunct East German "Interflug" in 1989 - just 10 days before the wall finally came down.
    Here it can be seen in Interflug-livery: http://www.airliners.net/photo/Interflug/Airbus-A310-304/0483408/&sid=0ce2fb68076c4a52212fd7dae3fe5a71
    It was a big deal at the time, since the A310 was the first none-russian built airliner and the first ever widebody in service of the GDR's state airline. It didn't last long though, less than a year later the state and shortly after the airline were gone. Nice to see the plane is still flying...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭beer enigma

They dont really go in for colour schemes do they.....:rolleyes:

Quaderno wrote: »
    Oh, this is an interesting one. This particular plane was the last of three A310s, delivered as DDR-ABC to the now defunct East German "Interflug" in 1989 - just 10 days before the wall finally came down.
    Here it can be seen in Interflug-livery: http://www.airliners.net/photo/Interflug/Airbus-A310-304/0483408/&sid=0ce2fb68076c4a52212fd7dae3fe5a71
    It was a big deal at the time, since the A310 was the first none-russian built airliner and the first ever widebody in service of the GDR's state airline. It didn't last long though, less than a year later the state and shortly after the airline were gone. Nice to see the plane is still flying...
    Very interesting. Didn't realise that aspect of their history.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,419 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Andip wrote: »
    They dont really go in for colour schemes do they.....:rolleyes:

Battleship grey seems to be the order of the day, both on the high seas and in the air.

coylemj wrote: »
    Battleship grey seems to be the order of the day, both on the high seas and in the air.

For camouflage reasons I presume ?

Advertisement