Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC - alarm going off

Options
  • 24-03-2014 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭

Hello everyone

I have a HKC alarm in my house which has been operating efficiently for the last few years.

However in the last week, during the middle of the night of course!, I have had two occasions where the alarm has gone off - once for "back door" and once for "upstairs windows" - so I'm reckoning faulty sensors/magnets but I'm a bit surprised that 2 different locations happened within the one week.

I see a couple of installers listed in the sticky but don't want to drag someone out too far from where they are - I'm in Terenure - can anyone recommend an installer to come out and take a look/replace the sensors? (Or an installer on here want to come out?)

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you have a multi meter , you can check the resistance on those zones to see where the problem lies.
    If you need any help with it give us a shout back.

Advertisement