Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorola Moto G 16gb or 8gb?

Options
  • 24-03-2014 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone,
    I am looking to purchase a new phone. I have done research and it seems that the moto g is the best in my price range. I understand that there is no support for an external memory card. So which are you better off getting the 16gb or the 8gb? Is it worth the extra 30 euro for the extra space?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,795 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

deadybai wrote: »
    Hey everyone,
    I am looking to purchase a new phone. I have done research and it seems that the moto g is the best in my price range. I understand that there is no support for an external memory card. So which are you better off getting the 16gb or the 8gb? Is it worth the extra 30 euro for the extra space?
    Yes I think it is worth the money going for the 16gb , I think the android is takes some and if your downloading lots of apps or games you'll soon run out of space with 8gb!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Hey everyone,

Would you use the space?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭deadybai

Yes I think it is worth the money going for the 16gb , I think the android is takes some and if your downloading lots of apps or games you'll soon run out of space with 8gb!

But is 16gb even alot? would you be better off getting another phone? Ive never had a smartphone thats why I ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,795 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

But is 16gb even alot? would you be better off getting another phone? Ive never had a smartphone thats why I ask.
    It depends are you going to use it as a music player 16gb will fill up quite quickly with music etc, if its just apps and games then it is a lot of space, you Also get 50gb cloud storage with Google fee for two years, I have the 16gb version and I'm very happy with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

People find music takes up a lot of room so set up Google Music. Its a very good app and backup for your music in the cloud and caches your favourite / listened to songs for offline use. Auotmatically backup photos to dropbox, Google+ or someplace similar while charging and on WiFi.

If you do both of these you'll probably survive on 8GB as your not really going to be watching massive HD movies on a phone much. For safety though go with the 16GB which is more than enough.

• Advertisement
Advertisement