Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do I transfer itunes from old iPod to new iPod?

• 24-03-2014 6:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭

Yeah it should be pretty straight forward but I actually don't know what to do.

When I connect my new iPod touch to my laptop an AutoPlay window comes up - just to import pictures and videos and nothing else, the iTunes window doesn't come up either.

On the set-up part of the iPod touch, there's three options: Set Up as new iPod touch, restore from iCloud backup (don't even want to go there) and restore from iTunes backup. When I clicked on the latter, it just has a screen saying "connect to iTunes", even though it's connected to my laptop. I'm not sure what iTunes back up is either. :confused: I have looked it up on apple support but I'm not getting it either. Sorry, I'm thick when it comes to this stuff. Appreciate any help though.

Oh the old iPod touch is third generation and the new one fifth generation, if that helps.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

alleystar wrote: »
    Yeah it should be pretty straight forward but I actually don't know what to do.

When I connect my new iPod touch to my laptop an AutoPlay window comes up - just to import pictures and videos and nothing else, the iTunes window doesn't come up either.

On the set-up part of the iPod touch, there's three options: Set Up as new iPod touch, restore from iCloud backup (don't even want to go there) and restore from iTunes backup. When I clicked on the latter, it just has a screen saying "connect to iTunes", even though it's connected to my laptop. I'm not sure what iTunes back up is either. :confused: I have looked it up on apple support but I'm not getting it either. Sorry, I'm thick when it comes to this stuff. Appreciate any help though.

Oh the old iPod touch is third generation and the new one fifth generation, if that helps.

First off, back up your old iPod. Then when you attach your new iPod Touch, take the option to restore from the most recent back up. That should brin over all your settings, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭alleystar

whiterebel wrote: »
    First off, back up your old iPod. Then when you attach your new iPod Touch, take the option to restore from the most recent back up. That should brin over all your settings, etc.

Thanks, but how do you back up your old iPod?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

I stay away from iTunes and use a small programme called iTools I think it's great

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

alleystar wrote: »
    Thanks, but how do you back up your old iPod?

Connect it up, and in iTunes you should see the button to back up to iCloud or computer. Back up to computer. You should go through this too: http://www.apple.com/ie/support/itunes/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭alleystar

Finally got it sorted! The problem was with iTunes, wouldn't update new software due to network settings and it wouldn't recognise the new iPod because of it. Finally updated today, and restored everything so it's in perfect working order now. Thanks, help much appreciated! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement