Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupid forums?

Options
  • 24-03-2014 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭

Hey.
    How come many people won't allow for new forums on here, yet we have a forum for mustard? I don't really get it. There's a few of them.
    How did they even become? If I suggested a Teddys thoughts forum I'd be told to do one, and rightly so. Yet there are so many mad forums that are just bizzare and pointless? Like can we not have a Manchester United forum perhaps so we could maybe talk about the history of the clubs and extensive tactics?

Also why have I never seen boards.ie advertised? That's just my own curiosity there. A lot of people don't know you guys exist!
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Hey.
    Also why have I never seen boards.ie advertised? That's just my own curiosity there. A lot of people don't know you guys exist!

Its kind of a..... guilty pleasure thing. Like rubbing one out, you dont go telling everyone you do..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

Surely mayonnaise is more deserving of a forum than mustard?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Perhaps we can share the forum & call it Ted's Thoughts.

We swould rally all Teds for this.

Just because you/I think a forum might be silly/waste if time, doesn't mean other users don't get benefit from them. There are a lot of forum I have no interest in.

Because that's the why

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Hey.
    How come many people won't allow for new forums on here, yet we have a forum for mustard?

From the Forum Requests charter:
    Existing forums do not set precedence for another forum request

Quote:
    Originally Posted by An Example
    There is a mustard forum, so you should approve my forum!!!

Like can we not have a Manchester United forum perhaps so we could maybe talk about the history of the clubs and extensive tactics?

Over my dead body! However a Leeds United forum might be worth considering...

To answer your questions slightly more seriously - new forums are created regularly. There's a proper process in place for it, and while I freely admit that it's a bit on the slow side, it's not like there hasn't been a new forum created for years.

As regards a Man U (or any other club) forum, that issue has been discussed at length more times than I care to remember over the last few years. The simple reason for it is that we don't want individual club forums. There are plenty of other places on the internet if that's what you want, but one of the things that makes the Soccer forum here stand out from the rest is that it's open to all, and isn't just a clique of like-minded fans of a particular club. That's what would happen if we went down that road.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Because that's the why

/parenting

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I love that all my questions in feedback are always answered :)
    That's why this is such a good site, there's a lot of feedback :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

They wouldn't even give us our bacon forum. :( Mustard? Suuuuuuuuuuure! Bacon? No! Madness, pure Madness!

MugMugs wrote: »
    They wouldn't even give us our bacon forum. :( Mustard? Suuuuuuuuuuure! Bacon? No! Madness, pure Madness!

Sure..... Whats the point in bacon without mustard?:(

Sure..... Whats the point in bacon without mustard?:(

*furious rage*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

We already have a Teddys Thoughts forum.
    It's called After Hours.

El Guapo! wrote: »
    It's called TCN .

Fixed that for you......

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

No such thing as a stupid forum Ted. Stupid posts and posters are another thing, mind :p

El Guapo! wrote: »
    It's called After Hours.

Lol, you got me there, I'll tone it down a bit :)

No such thing as a stupid forum Ted. Stupid posts and posters are another thing, mind :p

Stoopid is what stoopid does sir :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I'll get my Culchie forum one day, I'll show all of you!!! (DO NOT make a joke about Leitrim having its own forum)

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I'll get my Culchie forum one day, I'll show all of you!!! (DO NOT make a joke about Leitrim having its own forum)

Ah here, if Leitrim has it's own forum there is no reason why bacon can't have one. I know which I'd rather smear mustard on :D

:D:D
    I love the country. Well most of it. There's a county out there I have no time for ;)
    Love all the big ones though, Cork, Galway, Dublin, Belfast, Waterford! Absolutely love those counties! Great people and great atmosphere!

Belfast isn't a county Teddy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

There's a Leitrim forum?!!! :eek:

• Advertisement

There's a Leitrim forum?!!! :eek:

Ideal fella to respond and all:D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Stupid forums?
    we have a forum for mustard? I don't really get it.
    Heresy, a sitebannable offence.

Gordon wrote: »
    Heresy, a sitebannable offence.

:o
    Don't say that! I was banned once before in your forum :D
    I think I started too many threads!!!! :(

MugMugs wrote: »
    Belfast isn't a county Teddy ;)

It just feels like it is with all those murials telling me I'm entering East Belfast. :D
    Surely it could just say...."Belfast"!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

It just feels like it is with all those murials telling me I'm entering East Belfast. :D
    Surely it could just say...."Belfast"!
    7h5KyT.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Mustard is a relic of the time before. It is to boards what the Statue of Liberty is to the Planet of the Apes movie. It reminds us of what once was, and how things were when boards was ruled by a different species and their minions. The time of Ecksor, Cloud, Amp and the ever present DeVore. The time of Whitewashman and Vexorg when the men of today were the bright young things of the day. The time of making things up as you went along, and the time of all powerful beings who cared not for feedback or reasoning with idiots.

Times change, and times move on with the relentless march of time, and all we have to remind us of the olden times are the relics of the past. All we have is the Mustard forum.

It brings a tear to my eye.

/sniff

• Registered Users Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Penn

5starpool wrote: »
    Mustard is a relic of the time before. It is to boards what the Statue of Liberty is to the Planet of the Apes movie. It reminds us of what once was, and how things were when boards was ruled by a different species and their minions. The time of Ecksor, Cloud, Amp and the ever present DeVore. The time of Whitewashman and Vexorg when the men of today were the bright young things of the day. The time of making things up as you went along, and the time of all powerful beings who cared not for feedback or reasoning with idiots.

Times change, and times move on with the relentless march of time, and all we have to remind us of the olden times are the relics of the past. All we have is the Mustard forum.

/sniff

Well stop sniffing mustard if it's making you cry.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Penn wrote: »
    Well stop sniffing mustard if it's making you cry.

I actually can't stand mustard. The smell would make me puke, never mind cry.

When I was a wee small thing, I saw my father using mustard for the first time. I hadn't a clue what it was but it smelled kind of nice. It was Colemans of course and I asked for a taste. The devious bastard handed me the pot with a spoon. I took a big scoop like it was f*cking yoghurt. I like mustard now but the memory of what happened that day will follow me to my grave..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

5starpool wrote: »

/sniff
    The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.
    It will all return one day; it will all return...

Advertisement