Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Welfare cheque clearance?

Options
  • 24-03-2014 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

I recently gave my brother the amount of his Social welfare cheque as he needed the money ASAP and there was nowhere to cash it. l lodged his cheque into my account using one of those quick lodgement machines in bank. I have the receipt. I did this late last Thursday so I'm guessing it will take 4-5 working days before I can access funds so I'm guessing it will be this Thurs before l get it. But is there a way to see that the cheque is there in my account even tho it can't be accessed? I'm with AIB.I normally get paid into my bank account by my employer so I'm not really used to dealing with cheques. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭pillphil

Do you have internet banking? Did you check the pending transactions tab?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭crunchie44

pillphil wrote: »
    Do you have internet banking? Did you check the pending transactions tab?

Ya I have checked there and it just shows pending transactions going out such as paypal. Nothing there about the cheque

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭pillphil

I thought it appeared there, seems I'm wrong. I hate cheques :)

Advertisement