Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Play music manager

Options
  • 24-03-2014 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭

Iv just been reading up on this it seems cool currently importing my music into the cloud any drawbacks to this service?

20,000 songs seems like more that enough for me LOL

iv installed the app on my iphone and am just wondering does it take up background space or is it really all streaming except for what I choose to download for offline play in the app

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

It does cache as it plays, but you can disable this in the settings. In this case it wont take up any space .
    I use it on my android phone and laptop and its really good, no downside so far.
    biggebruv wrote: »
    Iv just been reading up on this it seems cool currently importing my music into the cloud any drawbacks to this service?

20,000 songs seems like more that enough for me LOL

iv installed the app on my iphone and am just wondering does it take up background space or is it really all streaming except for what I choose to download for offline play in the app

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

20,000 song limit is the only downside I've found.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

grindle wrote: »
    20,000 song limit is the only downside I've found.

ha really i think i have like 6,000 at most no chance of going over that limit just yet:D

bullpost wrote: »
    It does cache as it plays, but you can disable this in the settings. In this case it wont take up any space .
    I use it on my android phone and laptop and its really good, no downside so far.

how do i disable the cache?

cant find anything in settings about disabling it im on the iphone version

It does seem to stop playing a lot for me, and often can't play my more obscure recordings. Wondering if the rarely played stuff is pulled in from slow disk or even tape!

Also find the web app and android app light on functionality compared to some competitors. It's odd - they made a great start and then backed off, when they have the resources to take on and beat the current leaders. Still, liking the service a lot.

• Advertisement

It does seem to stop playing a lot for me, and often can't play my more obscure recordings. Wondering if the rarely played stuff is pulled in from slow disk or even tape!

Also find the web app and android app light on functionality compared to some competitors. It's odd - they made a great start and then backed off, when they have the resources to take on and beat the current leaders. Still, liking the service a lot.

the iphone app so far seems slick haven't had any issues yet but give it a few days of use then maybe it will be a different story but so far so good

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

On the Android there is a downloading section displayed in settings. Its there but don't know about the iphone version.
    biggebruv wrote: »
    how do i disable the cache?

cant find anything in settings about disabling it im on the iphone version

Advertisement