Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

MotoGP 2014 Spolier Alert....

• 24-03-2014 9:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭

Well just watched the highlights on ITV4 and was surprised and disappointed all in one. Gutted for Al Bautista, I am expecting good things from him this year I think he is a fabulous talent. Rossi was really fast, which surprised me a lot....usually he fades a bit in the races. But Marquez is something else he really is...even with the injury he attacks and has no fear.

1st. Marguez.
    2nd. Rossi.
    3rd. Pedrosa.

Shame Lorenzo binned it would have made a good finish....roll on next round. Redding also did well, hope he can get some good race track time before making mistakes in his rookie year.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,614 ✭✭✭prunudo

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Well just watched the highlights on ITV4 and was surprised and disappointed all in one. Gutted for Al Bautista, I am expecting good things from him this year I think he is a fabulous talent. Rossi was really fast, which surprised me a lot....usually he fades a bit in the races. But Marquez is something else he really is...even with the injury he attacks and has no fear.

Shame Lorenzo binned it would have made a good finish....roll on next round.

There was some good dicing between Rossi and Marqeuz on the last few laps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Yeah but TBH, it was a dull race. No point have excitement for 3 laps and the rest all waffle and spit.....would not be mad on the coverage of ITV either. But it could be the race director in Qatar and the dodgy playbacks. Did not even show what happened to Bautista or I missed it. He was 3rd then gone off the list altogether!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

So is Rossi gonna be in the top 3 for most of the races this year?? or did the track just suit the Yamaha?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Hope so, would love to see Rossi back.

I would love to see 93 and 46 finish in the top 3 at every race. They are two exciting riders to watch when they are on form!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

I too PM'ed a C MOD to get this looked at. And was confirmed this morning it will be moved back in due course.

Many thanx lads.

Lets move on.....

I did likewise

Good to see some have people have a bit of common sense

As wonda has said let's move on and enjoy this Moto Gp thread again

I honestly thought Rossi was gonna hang on in and get the victory, it was a good battle between him and Marques

Lorenzo did not look very happy at all

IMHO, Rossi will be fighting for 4th and 5th most races, if Lorenzo and Bautista where still up Rossi would not have been on the podium. It was the 1st race so adrenaline was pumping and he was fresh, no doubt the yammy is looking better then last year but still slower then the Honda in straight line speed.

nerrad1983 wrote: »
    I did likewise

Good to see some have people have a bit of common sense

As wonda has said let's move on and enjoy this Moto Gp thread again

I honestly thought Rossi was gonna hang on in and get the victory, it was a good battle between him and Marques

Lorenzo did not look very happy at all

He admitted it was an error on his part (Lorenzo) so Id say he pretty pissed to be so many point behind Marquez already.

He admitted it was an error on his part (Lorenzo) so Id say he pretty pissed to be so many point behind Marquez already.

Twas a poor start by Lorenzo to the season, he is usually such a cool customer. . . maybe Marquez is getting under his skin.

Nah doubt it, it was injury that wrecked lorenzo's season last year TBH. Very rarely makes mistakes.....will still be Marquez's biggest threat.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

<Thread cleaned>

I set my upc to record the highlights - however at the time it said "Programme not available in ROI" ??? I clicked record anyway, seemed to work, just checked it there and it did record, sweet! However I just sat down to watch it - but it only recorded 2 minutes and then stopped! Grrrrrrrrr

Will have to find out if I can watch it somehow..

I get the F1 channel free with my Sky package, the amout of times I wished it was MotoGP I was getting free is unbelievable. No one wanted to know the GP a few yrs ago it was shown on Eurosport and nobody cared. Then it got trendy and its snapped up and un-available to the people who want to see it the most :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,379 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

It was far from a dull race, your problem was/is ITV sucks :)

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

ninja900 wrote: »
    It was far from a dull race, your problem was/is ITV sucks :)

One of the best races that I've seen in a long time, frantic from start to finish

frostie500 wrote: »
    One of the best races that I've seen in a long time, frantic from start to finish

Well I deffo got the raw end of the stick with ITV's coverage....its must have been piss poor. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Well I deffo got the raw end of the stick with ITV's coverage....its must have been piss poor. :mad:

Didn't see their coverage butbi use the videopass and can't fault it. Ended up getting the wsbk one as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,379 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Register on motogp.com for the free videos and have a look around, but that's only a small taster of what they have. Mostly it's very brief highlights and (some) rider interviews that are free.
    Today they put up a full length version of the race using only on board cameras - thrilling stuff :) but it's subscribers only!

Scrap the cap!

Gonna have to cancel the kids channels and subscribe to the MotoGP.....its a hard knock life.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Xaime

I subscribed to MotoGP and it's well worth it. Their live cover of the race is great. Just make sure you get a full season subscription for €99 or you will end up paying a lot more if you pay for each race.

Xaime wrote: »
    I subscribed to MotoGP and it's well worth it. Their live cover of the race is great. Just make sure you get a full season subscription for €99 or you will end up paying a lot more if you pay for each race.

Do you have to watch it on the P.C or can you stream it to any device with internet capabilities??? Like Netflix so to speak...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Xaime

You can watch it on any device with Internet access. Just log on with your e-mail and password. I plug my laptop to the HDMI port on my TV and the image is perfect. Sometimes I don't bother doing that for the highlights and just watch on my laptop (17" screen). :cool:

Install Xbmc on to a device and get the sports devil app for it and your sorted for free. Picture is very very good for a free live stream. I have it on my Apple TV and am very happy with it.

Wonda/noël and any of the lads and lassies nearby me are welcome to come over for the Moto gp parties lol.

4th race into the season this weekend and I haven't seen a single one yet. Do I miss it? Not really, keep an eye on reports via twitter but I'm not missing the live action and certainly won't be paying extra to do so.
    I wonder how the BT viewer figures are doing?

Yeah TBH, I am not overly fussed either. If it was available to me I would deffo record it and watch it the next day but so far I dont actively seek to see the results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

jvan wrote: »
    4th race into the season this weekend and I haven't seen a single one yet. Do I miss it? Not really, keep an eye on reports via twitter but I'm not missing the live action and certainly won't be paying extra to do so.
    I wonder how the BT viewer figures are doing?
    Apparently there are big questions over Dorna's move to put it behind a paywall.
    In Spain they sold the rights to Movistar and lots of rural areas cannot even get broadband let alone Fibre.
    They have to use Plain TV trucks at races because they were being damaged by disgruntled fans.
    Here while revenues are good because of the sale of TV rights to BT there are concerns over the longterm damage to the sport because of lack of profile due to the paywall.
    Ultimately the question will come down to whether its in the long term interests of MotoGP to be hidden from fans or whether the cash is better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

Im pretty sure you can find them all for free a day or so after online. Thats what I'd do.

Ive been watching it since the start of the 2013 season. Loved it last year. This year its a bit meh. Marquez is just in a league of his own so it kinda makes it boring. Moto3 is where the real racing is at though, I do look forward to that moreso than the GP.

I do love Cal though haha. The chap can never seem to catch a break and its clearly visible in his character xD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Ayrtonf7 wrote: »
    Ive been watching it since the start of the 2013 season. Loved it last year. This year its a bit meh. Marquez is just in a league of his own so it kinda makes it boring. Moto3 is where the real racing is at though, I do look forward to that moreso than the GP.
    I think its great to see Marquez do what he is doing, talent like that should be appreciated for what it is.
    The battles in the first few laps are much better than they have been previously as well.
    I don't find it Meh at all actually, or maybe I just love bike racing:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

CJhaughey wrote: »
    I don't find it Meh at all actually, or maybe I just love bike racing:confused:

The Gps havnt really been races in fairness. 4/4 wins for marquez and there doesnt seem to be anybody on the grid who can touch him.

Spoiler Alert.....

Marques crashes and Rossi picks up the pieces to win. Life in the old dog yet.
    Pity it's not on free to air, I just read about it on twitter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Good thread discussing Moto GP here.

Advertisement