Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Airways Query

Options
  • 24-03-2014 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a quick query about US Airways. I'm flying with them Dublin to Philadelphia in the morning.

I don't have a printer, and I'm wondering A - Do you need to check in online? and B - is there any advantage to checking in online if you can't print your boarding pass?

I'm checking in a bag so assumed I wouldn't be checking in online - but I've checked today and it says you CAN check in online but doesn't say anywhere if you NEED to check in online.

Anyone with any experience??

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 Bubbasparx

No you don't NEED to check in online.

I'd advise you to bring a good book though as the in-flight entertainment on US Airways is shít. Prepare to strain your neck watching "Friends" reruns on an old CRT monitor hanging in the middle of the aisle.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Soap_Soup

Yeah I've read a bit about that on here. Was hoping they might have upgraded by now - sounds like no such luck.

I've opted to check-in online but as I can't print out I'm going to arrive in good time anyway.

Hopefully I won't have any issues....

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Soap_Soup

Bubbasparx wrote: »

I'd advise you to bring a good book though as the in-flight entertainment on US Airways is shít. Prepare to strain your neck watching "Friends" reruns on an old CRT monitor hanging in the middle of the aisle.

This was pretty much exactly what it was like. Except it was How I Met Your Mother...and the monitor was broke for half of the flight.

Flight was also delayed for 2 hours.

US airways didn't come across the best overall. The flight was cheap enough though I suppose.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 Bubbasparxx

At least you made it in one piece! Call it a lesson learned mate. I know US Airways are the cheapest, but for an extra €20 you could fly with a decent airline like Delta where you have your own backseat screen meaning YOU select what you want to watch. Their selection of films, music and TV shows is excellent with over a hundred choices. I got stuck in Philadelphia myself in the past due to a cancelled flight by US Airways. After that I said never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

In fairness to United, if flights were canceled or delayed, it is highly likely that the reason was not their fault, but was down to some airport or weather related reason, that you were not aware of at the time.

Over the past 20 years, I have taken over 100 flights between the US and Ireland. Any delays that I have experienced, has usually been due to factors that all the airlines were affected by, not just the one that I was flying on.

That being said though, as a former resident of Atlanta, our own personal shuttle service ( aka Delta Airlines) really does kick every single other airlines ass to the curb, BIG TIME ! :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 Bubbasparxx

@ProudDUB: I think you're getting confused between United Airlines and US Airways.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Oops. Sorry, yeah. I meant to type US.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Bubbasparx wrote: »

My parents are flying out to visit me in a couple of weeks with US airways via Philadelphia. They have one of the new airbus a330 planes for the Dublin to Philadelphia leg so seems like the old ones with no personal entertainment are being phased out finally.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Eventually - the A330's are currently operating, but the older planes come back later in the year.

Advertisement