Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get ( x ) in Waterford City?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

anyone know where I can pick up those squeezy bottles for sauces like mayo, ketchup I can use in the kitchen? checked Buylo but no luck, maybe musgraves but I've no card. any other options?

Couldn’t say for sure but Mr Price/Dealz would be worth checking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

sillysocks wrote: »
    Couldn’t say for sure but Mr Price/Dealz would be worth checking.

Yeah Dealz is usually my first port of call for these kinda things, but no luck, never know with Mr Price though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

I dunno if you're taking the piss or what but if you mean Rhubarb and that was a genuine spelling mistake or I'm missing out on a joke :pac: I seen loads in Lidl on the old Tramore Rd yesterday!

anyone know where I can pick up those squeezy bottles for sauces like mayo, ketchup I can use in the kitchen? checked Buylo but no luck, maybe musgraves but I've no card. any other options?

got some my parents had some growing.

you will get your squeezy bottles in the range or eurogiant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭reni10

I dunno if you're taking the piss or what but if you mean Rhubarb and that was a genuine spelling mistake or I'm missing out on a joke :pac: I seen loads in Lidl on the old Tramore Rd yesterday!

Saw the Ketchup bottles in Mr.Price so they have them for definite.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Aldi have the squeezy bottles of brown sauce and ketchup. Also honey:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Anyone know where i could get some sheets of pork ribs for a bbq?

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Fishy1

Anyone know where i could get some sheets of pork ribs for a bbq?

Molloy’s Butchers out in Ardkeen Stores.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Are there any good busy noticeboards around the place in the internet age? Doesn't have to be in the Dunmore Road/Ardkeen area but one is that would be all the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Are there any good busy noticeboards around the place in the internet age? Doesn't have to be in the Dunmore Road/Ardkeen area but one is that would be all the better.

Notice board in ardkeen shopping centre looks very busy, think tesco does them too, try your bank too, they often have business cards on display, once you have an account presumably.

Max Powers wrote: »
    Notice board in ardkeen shopping centre looks very busy, think tesco does them too, try your bank too, they often have business cards on display, once you have an account presumably.

Yep the one in ardkeen is quite big, between the butchers and post office if you’re looking for it. Tesco used to do them along the windows but not sure if they’re still there. Think you have to have the notices on a standard card they give you for Tesco.

There’s also one in Londis at Ballinakill.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

All of the above and maxol at Collins avenue as well. Ardkeen can get a bit full up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Strange one.. anybody know where to get marzipan fruits for decorating a cake please?
    Used to get them in Chapman's years ago.

deise08 wrote: »
    Strange one.. anybody know where to get marzipan fruits for decorating a cake please?
    Used to get them in Chapman's years ago.

Don’t know for sure but ardkeen might be worth a call to ask

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Ladyinthedark

Does anyone know where I could cash a personal cheque in Waterford tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Ladyinthedark

Does anyone know where I could cash a personal cheque in Waterford tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Would anyone know where I could buy a Swiss Army knife in Waterford? Pressie for Mr Sam.

Think they used to have them in Island Lane in Ardkeen, maybe ring before making a trip though as that was a while ago I remember seeing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Would anyone know where I could buy a Swiss Army knife in Waterford? Pressie for Mr Sam.

I think the outdoor shop on the quay sells them.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭barraseaclaid

shockwave wrote: »
    I think the outdoor shop on the quay sells them.

They most likely have them in mcs on the quay but don't get him a Swiss army, much better alternatives out there now. What is his main use for the knife?

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

Samsgirl wrote: »

Mc's outdoor store on the quay. They have leatherman tools also which are better in my opinion!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭engiweirdo

Childrens Santa or Elf hats. Anyone know where to find these in town?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

They most likely have them in mcs on the quay but don't get him a Swiss army, much better alternatives out there now. What is his main use for the knife?

He used his old one for all sorts. Works in IT so had it in work everyday for dismantling stuff and used it at home all the time too. Had it for 25 yrs and loaned it to a chap at work who lost it on him .

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭PPN2893

Anyone know where I could get a fairly big sized refillable water bottle in town? I'm looking for 1 litre or bigger. I've only been able to find 500 - 750 ml ones in shops. I'm trying to drink more water lately and the small bottles I have just don't cut it.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

PPN2893 wrote: »
    Anyone know where I could get a fairly big sized refillable water bottle in town? I'm looking for 1 litre or bigger. I've only been able to find 500 - 750 ml ones in shops. I'm trying to drink more water lately and the small bottles I have just don't cut it.

Homestore & More have loads of different bottles out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

PPN2893 wrote: »

Mr price

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Homestore & More have loads of different bottles out there.

Had a look out there and the only large ones they had where those ones with the filter that you can't remove. They're a pain in the hole to drink out of. What happened to all those old Lucozade sports bottles that every lad in the 90s had on their bikes?
    debok wrote: »
    Mr price

You might be on to something there. Will have a look tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Hi all.

I've to dispose of 2 mattresses.
    Any hints on the most hassle free way to get this done?

kuang1 wrote: »
    Hi all.

You could chance calling Kollect and they might take them? They often send me texts about junk removal. I don't know how they'd charge though.

Their number is 051-364495. You can check the link below for estimates as it depends on how much you'd be wiling to pay for them to remove stuff.

https://bincollection.kollect.ie/product-category/junk-removal-options/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

kuang1 wrote: »
    Hi all.

http://www.waterfordcouncil.ie/departments/environment/related/kilbarry-cas.htm

16euro each at the civic ammenity centre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,417 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

dzilla wrote:
    16euro each at the civic ammenity centre

This was one of the cheaper options last time we were doing it a couple of years ago

Advertisement