Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get ( x ) in Waterford City?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

kuang1 wrote: »
    Hi all.

I've to dispose of 2 mattresses.
    Any hints on the most hassle free way to get this done?

The dog pound might take them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭taytobreath

where would u buy a fairly big cardboard box to deliver a number of items

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

where would u buy a fairly big cardboard box to deliver a number of items

Argos.

https://m.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?searchTerms=Cardboard%20box

• Registered Users Posts: 5,171 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Could anyone recommend a good mechanic who might be able to do a car service on a Saturday?

Hoping to drop it in for a sick relative who doesn't do a huge amount of mileage but needs their annual service.

They have been going to the Mazda dealers but I tend to prefer a good independent over the main dealers myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,252 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

hardybuck wrote:
    Hoping to drop it in for a sick relative who doesn't do a huge amount of mileage but needs their annual service.

Would recommend hegarty and Doherty, but unsure if they work Saturdays. Does the car truly need to be serviced annually if the mileage is low?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,171 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Would recommend hegarty and Doherty, but unsure if they work Saturdays. Does the car truly need to be serviced annually if the mileage is low?

Cheers. I think the car was last serviced about 14-15 months ago, so I'd be keen to get the oil changed at a minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

Mr Bubo needs new walking shoes, best place in Waterford? He normally buys online but there's holes in his current ones so he can't wait.

He prefers either North Face or Merrell, but will try out other brands if they're good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

BuboBubo wrote: »
    Mr Bubo needs new walking shoes, best place in Waterford? He normally buys online but there's holes in his current ones so he can't wait.

He prefers either North Face or Merrell, but will try out other brands if they're good.

Altitude on Ballybricken would be your best option for North Face id say

BuboBubo wrote:

Just bought Merrell gore tex shoes in tk maxx, impressed so far, €80

Altitude no longer sell outdoor gear, they've returned to a bike only shop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

BuboBubo wrote: »

Sports direct in hypermarket have great selection of walking gear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

MCs Outdoor on the quay is where I go for everything outdoors.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

They don't stock outdoor gear anymore. Just bikes.

Mc's on the quay is the place. They have zamberland shoes and boots, really good brand, iv had my boots for 8years, still good and waterproof.

They don't stock outdoor gear anymore. Just bikes.

Mc's on the quay is the place. They have zamberland shoes and boots, really good brand, iv had my boots for 8years, still good and waterproof.

still not warming to the zamberlan, but they are staying together very well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Anyone know where i could get large photo prints done in Waterford?,i can get them online but would prefer to talk to someone local first..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Anyone know where i could get large photo prints done in Waterford?,i can get them online but would prefer to talk to someone local first..

From digital? Harvey Norman have a print centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Anyone know of anyone that might still do this sort of thing.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Have you a pic of the remote?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,271 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Any dentists open today ???

Pain is gone too much and need something. I prob have too pay a lot but only so much pain I can through

PTH2009 wrote: »

Pain is gone too much and need something. I prob have too pay a lot but only so much pain I can through

id say you ll be hard pushed, it could be tomorrow morning until you get someone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Maybe try a chemist... Might get a sympathetic one who could give you a very strong painkiller?
    Tooth pain is the worst! I've been there. Had to put in a bad Sunday, but thankfully smiles dental took me straight in on the Monday when I rang.I empathise with you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

As far as I know Caredoc might help, or maybe that new HR clinic (doctors - cheaper than caredoc). They won’t be able to fix the problem but might prescribe strong painkillers to get you through.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Actually just remembered an ad for Suir Dental, look them up on Facebook. It says they work every day for emergencies and give a mobile contact.
    Have no personal dealings with them though!

sillysocks wrote: »
    Actually just remembered an ad for Suir Dental, look them up on Facebook. It says they work every day for emergencies and give a mobile contact.
    Have no personal dealings with them though!

Calling them now thanks

Got sorted by suir dental

Great service but bloody sore now

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Have you a pic of the remote?

Testing, long time since I did this :)

YXfhmOS.jpg

It seems to be pressed together, no sign of any screws, none under the batteries or else where that I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

You can buy a universal remote that will work on any tv fairly cheap, I think Tesco might have them.

shockwave wrote: »
    You can buy a universal remote that will work on any tv fairly cheap, I think Tesco might have them.

true but this was for a mini hi fi unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭yogibear77

Any one know where I can get the above? I saw It recently somewhere and have gone back to a few of the shops I can think of but cant find it. Need it urgently.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭Chiparus

Guineys have them online, so you could try the store?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭yogibear77

Great, will have a look. Thanks

Advertisement