Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get ( x ) in Waterford City?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭DeiseNew

Anyone know where I can get a guitar in Waterford City? I have only been to the main section where Penneys and City Square etc is and I haven't seen any music shops but again I haven't seen all of the city yet. If anyone could recommend a decent shop for a reasonably priced guitar that's great. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭azimuth17

John Palmer's music shop George's Street, or Quay Notes music shop near GPO.

Thanks very much, I knew there had to be a music shop somewhere! Ill check out those places next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Looking for bean bag Lap-tray size A4 .All I can ever find are too big normally A3 size .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Looking for bean bag Lap-tray size A4 .All I can ever find are too big normally A3 size .

Mr Price and The Range have lap trays though I'm not sure about the size.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭taytobreath

A couple of questions.

1. Where would I get rid of about 10 pallets. I attempted to cut one of them up for kindling...kingdling....small timbers to start a fire and it was pure hardship with the amount of nails in them.

2. Where would I be able to get rid of clutter that has built up, things like an old satellite dish, a wheely bin, building rubble, a dismantled trampoline, a single mattress and much, much more.

Answer to some items I have
    http://www.waterfordcouncil.ie/departments/environment/related/kilbarry-cas.htm

I know kollect offer a service to take away your stuff, but I am capable of loading up my own rubbish and transporting it to wherever it needs to go...plus I'm hungry enough.

3. Where would I pick up a cheap or free 2nd hand mattress that is usable and has no pee stains.

Thank you in advance if anyone can help me with these queries.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Similar situation here, dismantled broken swing, mattresses, rubble, old rugs....only way it's bring to civic amenity, they will take likes of mattress, I'm waiting tilli have enough for small skip n

• Registered Users Posts: 29,417 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I know kollect offer a service to take away your stuff, but I am capable of loading up my own rubbish and transporting it to wherever it needs to go...plus I'm hungry enough.

Wouldn't surprise me if a skip would be cheaper, but I could be wrong
    3. Where would I pick up a cheap or free 2nd hand mattress that is usable and has no pee stains.

The dumping shop behind McDonald's has loads of mattresses, unsure if they're second hand though, as they look fairly new and cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

deisemum wrote: »
    Mr Price and The Range have lap trays though I'm not sure about the size.

Thanks Deisemum . Got a nice sized one at The Range for just 9.40e

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Chin up/ pull up bars. The kind you bolt to a wall, not the thing you hang over a door frame. Are they to be had in our glorious city?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 fenfoz

Anyone know where to get fresh habanero chili’s, I have tried tesco, Aldi and Ardkeen stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

fenfoz wrote: »
    Anyone know where to get fresh habanero chili’s, I have tried tesco, Aldi and Ardkeen stores.

Spice World on the quay often have habaneros, scotch bonnets etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Chin up/ pull up bars. The kind you bolt to a wall, not the thing you hang over a door frame. Are they to be had in our glorious city?

Did you get sorted? Argos have them afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 16 fenfoz

Spice World on the quay often have habaneros, scotch bonnets etc.

Thanks for that got a bag of them today, handy little shop

I've a pile of aluminium bars off an old trampoline and other bits and bobs of metal.
    Anyone any suggestions to where I could get rid of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Daisy 55

Scrapyard opposite Smyths?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,417 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I've a pile of aluminium bars off an old trampoline and other bits and bobs of metal. Anyone any suggestions to where I could get rid of them?

Daisy 55 wrote:
    Scrapyard opposite Smyths?

mulrooney's, noel will look after you there, you won't get much for it though, but he ll probably take it

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭wrmwit

Good pubs in the city centre that'll be showing the rugby on Saturday morning?...with good coffee :)

wrmwit wrote: »
    Good pubs in the city centre that'll be showing the rugby on Saturday morning?...with good coffee :)

Someone said here that that place out be lisdugan is very good for the rugby and a good breakfast.
    I no its not the city center tho.

Someone said here that that place out be lisdugan is very good for the rugby and a good breakfast.
    I no its not the city center tho.

Yeah that was me. Im not mad about the city centre bars personally so I really like The Craftsman its on the Paddy Brown Road. Lovely spot for food, a quiet pint and the sport! Mark the chef does the best breakfast I have ever had. The pub is quiet enough to know you are out of town but still has a nice atmosphere to it.

• Advertisement

DeiseNew wrote: »
    Yeah that was me. Im not mad about the city centre bars personally so I really like The Craftsman its on the Paddy Brown Road. Lovely spot for food, a quiet pint and the sport! Mark the chef does the best breakfast I have ever had. The pub is quiet enough to know you are out of town but still has a nice atmosphere to it.

Might be worth a try so! I remember that place as Bad Bobs in my college days!

Might be worth a try so! I remember that place as Bad Bobs in my college days!

Im a blow in from Cork 2 and a half years so I cant remember that! But its a lovely spot for sport and sunday grub. I personally find the staff there lovely, nicer than some of the city centre places.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Probably the Three Ships beside the Park - not sure about the coffee though.

hardybuck wrote: »
    Probably the Three Ships beside the Park - not sure about the coffee though.

Good shout. Great pub to watch the match. Coffee is good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

If only the game was as good .....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Can anyone recommend anyone who can advise on home energy efficiency?

Would like someone to conduct an assessment of a property, advise on possible measures and what grants may be available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

That's a BER assessor, never used one but you could try this fella

http://www.askaboutenergy.com/ber-assessors-directory/ber-assessor-waterford/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Gavlor

hardybuck wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend anyone who can advise on home energy efficiency?

Would like someone to conduct an assessment of a property, advise on possible measures and what grants may be available.

Waterford insulation will do all that for you. Sound bunch of lads too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

We got Waterford Insulation when getting work done, they advised us on we needed and how to go about applying for grants. Once the work was done they gave us 2 names to do the BER assessment one of which was Jeff O'Toole mentioned above. I'd have no problem recommending both businesses.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Likes hens teeth at the moment but has anyone seen any yeast in Waterford?

Advertisement