Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get ( x ) in Waterford City?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Looking to see if there anywhere I can get a frame for a vinyl LP,
    I have a lovely signed LP and it needs a frame.
    I will add a pre made frame, can't afford to drop it into a framers and get done...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭stereomatic

What size is the LP?

What size is the LP?

standard 12 inch vinyl LP....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,464 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Suggest you just go around stores that sell frames, take a measuring tape and find one that is just over 12" wide. If you are lucky you might find a square one - though about 15" would be better for appearance. Mr Price at the Kingsmeadow roundabout has a good selection of frames, or Woodies does them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Anyone know where I might get this. Holland n Barrett don't seem to have this particular type. How about any of the ethnic stores maybe?

Bragg-Organic-Apple-CIder-Vinegar.jpg

fff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Anyone know where I might get this. Holland n Barrett don't seem to have this particular type. How about any of the ethnic stores maybe?

Bragg-Organic-Apple-CIder-Vinegar.jpg

fff

i got it from eBay, couldn't find it anywhere in Waterford or Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Does anyone know of somewhere that would turn an old t-shirt into a cushion cover for me? The t-shirt has sentimental value, but as a wearable item it's a holy show. So I want to give it a second life so to speak. :)

Does anyone know of somewhere that would turn an old t-shirt into a cushion cover for me? The t-shirt has sentimental value, but as a wearable item it's a holy show. So I want to give it a second life so to speak. :)

unfortuantely i don't... but damn thats a good idea!!!!!!

boots tramore photograph counter will do this for you

Is there anywhere in Waterford I would get a kettle for use on an open fire - enamel or metal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,415 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

looksee wrote: »
    Is there anywhere in Waterford I would get a kettle for use on an open fire - enamel or metal?

go outdoors on the quay id imagine

not sure if be any good picked up a metal one in halfords
    €12
    http://www.halfords.ie/camping-leisure/camping/camping-cooking-equipment/halfords-stainless-steel-whistling-kettle

robtri wrote: »

not sure if be any good picked up a metal one in halfords
    http://www.halfords.ie/camping-leisure/camping/camping-cooking-equipment/halfords-stainless-steel-whistling-kettle
    i don't think you would have got it any cheaper than that.

I find halfords to be good value recently

dzilla wrote:
    I find halfords to be good value recently

Halfords have great bargains but I'd prefer to support local businesses

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

robtri wrote: »

That does not look suitable (heavy enough) for an 'open fire', but more suited to a primus stove or gas stove.
    Also I would expect that plastic 'whistle' to melt off very quickly on an open fire.

Ideally you would want a cast iron kettle for such use.

EDIT: Something like this is what I had in mind
    http://shoppingfromhome.ie/heritage-cast-iron-kettle-humidifier-de-ville

or here

http://mccarthystramore.ie/product/heritage-cast-iron-kettle-humidifier/

http://mccarthystramore.ie/contact/

That does not look suitable (heavy enough) for an 'open fire', but more suited to a primus stove or gas stove.
    Also I would expect that plastic 'whistle' to melt off very quickly on an open fire.

Ideally you would want a cast iron kettle for such use.

EDIT: Something like this is what I had in mind
    http://shoppingfromhome.ie/heritage-cast-iron-kettle-humidifier-de-ville

id say the lads in go outdoors could sort that alright

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    id say the lads in go outdoors could sort that alright

You might have missed my edit .... link to McCarthy's, Tramore.

Thanks Johnboy, that is exactly what I want, I had not seen them in McCarthys though I had a rather perfunctory look round a couple of days ago. I will go in again. Agreed, a gas one would not be suitable.

Thanks Johnboy, that is exactly what I want, I had not seen them in McCarthys though I had a rather perfunctory look round a couple of days ago. I will go in again. Agreed, a gas one would not be suitable.

I guess they might need to order it ..... but it should be available from them. ;)

Nope, just went down and got one!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Anyone know where one would come across a chiropodist in the city or County

Nope, just went down and got one!

Just an addendum...I now have a cast iron kettle decoration - the water is not drinkable, and further investigation on the interynet suggests that you should not drink the water from this particular one, it is only intended as a humidifier. Which, in fairness, is how it is described.

I'd say there is one in the Health Park near Walsh Stadium, they seem to have most services there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

I can recommend Stephanie Beasant, she has clinics in Tramore and Mooncoin

http://www.sbfootcare.com/clinics.html

mamie cox opposite Berfranks Cafe on the quay

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Where would be good value to get a external hard drive.?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Max Powers wrote: »
    Where would be good value to get a external hard drive.?

soundstore up where tom murphy car sales is, up be balyybrickers, or pc world, harvey normans would be expensive.

anyone know where i could go to buy a schoolbag for college, a shop that would have a good selection to choose from

soundstore up where tom murphy car sales is, up be balyybrickers, or pc world, harvey normans would be expensive.

anyone know where i could go to buy a schoolbag for college, a shop that would have a good selection to choose from

If you are interested in a brilliant school bag that will last you years...get a sport house one , factory shop out in Ida estate or possibly place like shaws or school book shop.bags are virtually indestructible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Max Powers wrote: »
    If you are interested in a brilliant school bag that will last you years...get a sport house one , factory shop out in Ida estate or possibly place like shaws or school book shop.bags are virtually indestructible.

thank u, i remember the sporthouse bags, is the shop near ewl electrical wholesalers, near johns park up past the greyhound track

• Advertisement

thank u, i remember the sporthouse bags, is the shop near ewl electrical wholesalers, near johns park up past the greyhound track

I don't think so,I think that is azzuri.I'm sure they have a web site

Advertisement