Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get ( x ) in Waterford City?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

Sporthouse bags are great and they're guaranteed if there's a problem even if it's a few years later. I bought one in the school bookshop in Ballinakill and needed one asap, the shop in Ballinakill ordered one for me but I got a phonecall less than half an hour later that the bag was ready to be collected in the shop because someone in the factory dropped the bag straight over to the shop.

A few years later the zip came apart, I suspect it was down to teenage messing and it was repaired free of charge. I dropped the bag into a place almost opposite Flanagan's Fish place in the Industrial Estate, think it was K Sport and the bag was ready a couple of days later. There were plenty of the Sporthouse bags on sale there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Max Powers wrote: »
    I don't think so,I think that is azzuri.I'm sure they have a web site

yea you are correct, im mixing up the two of them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭taytobreath

can any one recommend me a good carpet crowd that wont charge me an arm and a leg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,344 ✭✭✭✭looksee

John Murphy on Mayors Walk. Good quality, reasonable prices. You get what you pay for.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Anyone know a dry cleaners in the city that does suits that would be open on Sunday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭MentalMario

Looking for a 2 sided mirror. Arcylic or glass. A3 in size. Any ideas where in Waterford might sell it?

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Does anyone know any off licence in Waterford City has Tripel Karmeliet (pref 750ml bottles) in stock now?

http://www.drinkstore.ie/TRIPEL-KARMELIET-330ML-54050082/

• Registered Users Posts: 38,271 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

anywhere in the city where i could get a HTC one m9 battery replaced and how much would it cost ???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Jambo wrote: »
    Does anyone know any off licence in Waterford City has Tripel Karmeliet (pref 750ml bottles) in stock now?

Havent been into either in a bit but your best bet migt be to rig world wide wines and carry out ferrybank. Id be surprised if one of them didnt have it. Dont know about the 750ml bottles though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Jambo wrote: »

Pretty sure I saw small and large bottles of that in world wide wines last night...Nice choice jambo..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

PTH2009 wrote: »
    anywhere in the city where i could get a HTC one m9 battery replaced and how much would it cost ???

I'm not sure if he does HTC, but the guy in iRepair on Michael St is good and I'm sure he could tell you where to go if he couldn't help you himself.

Looking to use either kids swings or an old fashioned roundabout for a night photoshoot. Does anyone know where I might find either in the city or environs please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Looking for Kopparberg Apple or Pear Cider if anyone knows where I can purchase?

Looking for Kopparberg Apple or Pear Cider if anyone knows where I can purchase?

Pretty sure Ardkeen Stores and World Wide Wines stock them

• Registered Users Posts: 28 spikadelica

Go out to Fenor playpark, superb facility, will have all you need...

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

Looking to source beech hedging (rootball or potted) .
    Garden centres seem a little pricey.
    Any suggestions please ?

Go out to Fenor playpark, superb facility, will have all you need...

I suspect that, precisely because it is a superb facility, it will not be what the poster is looking for. I think s/he is looking for one of the old fashioned tubular metal 'Wicksteed' type playgrounds, which were great in their time but likely to be discontinued by now. Are there any of the 'older' playgrounds around still?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bekosam

Looking to get some plain white fairy lights to place around the room. Got some cheap battery ones in pennys but they barely last any time. I used to have some christmas ones but they stopped working twice. Should I look for outdoor lights instead or something?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

bekosam wrote: »
    Looking to get some plain white fairy lights to place around the room. Got some cheap battery ones in pennys but they barely last any time. I used to have some christmas ones but they stopped working twice. Should I look for outdoor lights instead or something?

We picked up so sets in Homestore and more in Wexford last Christmas, got them in mid December when all stock was sold off for half price, we use them all year round and they are excellent quality. Homestore and More open in Waterford this weekend so might be an option for you to keep an eye out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Where would be the best place/van to get logs and kindling?
    only starting out with our newly inset stove - so wondering where are the cheapest places or/and better quality logs out there.

• Advertisement

Cheapest means not kiln dried, so they will smoulder dismally rather than burn. Go to a reasonably reputable source rather than 'by the roadside'. Presumably if you are prepared to buy and store in a dry place (for a good few months, 12 for preference) you could buy the non-dried ones. The type of wood matters too, though I do not know much about that.

Not sure if you got sorted but I saw the Kopparberg Pear in Lidl Ardkeen this morning! They had Strawberry & Lime, Raspberry and Mixed Fruits varieties too but no Apple funnily enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,252 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Any bunker sellers in Waterford? Must be nuclear proof

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Not sure if you got sorted but I saw the Kopparberg Pear in Lidl Ardkeen this morning! They had Strawberry & Lime, Raspberry and Mixed Fruits varieties too but no Apple funnily enough.

Thanks but purchased a few Pear Ciders already from there.
    Looking for the Apple Cider also but no luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Any bunker sellers in Waterford? Must be nuclear proof

Wexford an my good?

https://www.donedeal.ie/caravans-for-sale/top-quality-nuclear-bunkers/13868824

south wrote: »

you gotta love irish humour, very good:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Want to build a small fence 10ft wide x 5'

Anyone know where I could get old scaffolding boards or any old boards that are a bit strong.

Have a look in the scrap yard on the Tramore Road - on the slip road on the left. Can't remember the name. Its a scrap metal place but they do have scaffolding planks sometimes.

looksee wrote:
    Have a look in the scrap yard on the Tramore Road - on the slip road on the left. Can't remember the name. Its a scrap metal place but they do have scaffolding planks sometimes.

Boyce Mulrooney

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

Anyone know where I can get skin adhesive that doesn't burn the skin or a suspender belt that's suitable for post operative compression stockings to prevent them rolling down please?

Advertisement