Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get ( x ) in Waterford City?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Might be worth enquiring here, Nursing Needs Ltd Address: 13 Gladstone st Waterford Phone: (051)874622 if you haven't all ready.

web site http://www.nursingneeds.ie/products-page/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Might be worth enquiring here, Nursing Needs Ltd Address: 13 Gladstone st Waterford Phone: (051)874622 if you haven't all ready.

web site http://www.nursingneeds.ie/products-page/

Thanks I'll try there tomorrow.

Delany's Pharmacy stock both the belt and the skin adhesive in case anyone needs either in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭notfromhere

Hi Lads,Anyone seen Turkey oven bags in any of the shops. Thanks

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Would say you would definitely get them up in SuperValu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Hi all, can anyone recommend an Opticians in town that can do prescription sports goggles? And maybe how much I could expect to pay? Cheers

If this is what you mean

Sports and safety eyewear and swimming goggles are also available.

Then probably most opticians do but this one does anyway.

Major Opticians,
    Clyde House,
    Custom House Quay,
    Co.Waterford.
    T: 051 874 392
    F: 051 875 606
    E: waterford@majoropticians.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Pretty sure the optician out at ardkeen do them as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Okay this is a bit obscure - I'm looking for a Trilby straw hat for the summer (should we get one) this sort

126333.jpg

Any ideas on who would stock them locally?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭Sosurface

Okay this is a bit obscure - I'm looking for a Trilby straw hat for the summer (should we get one) this sort

126333.jpg

Any ideas on who would stock them locally?
    Darrers

• Advertisement

Very good, now **** off please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Very good, now **** off please.

God almighty, can so surface post a single mature post...
    I'd say debenhams or next out by hospital best bet...maybe river island too.I presume its coming into summer clothes season in shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

Next / John Rocha / might even get lucky in Michael Guineys

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

Howdy.

Can anyone tell me where I can get real free range eggs in or near the city?

Thanks.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Howdy.

Thanks.

Did you try any of the butchers in the Shopping centre, I used to get them in Billy Murphys in the past. I now get them in the Kilmacow argi centre on the old Dublin road, about 1 km past the nightcap, probably a bit to far out for you though.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭MentalMario

Howdy.

Thanks.

What's the difference between free range in a supermarket and real free range?

Any farmers market would probably be worth trying too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

I thought it was se(x) you were looking for...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭Chiparus

Howdy.

Thanks.

Thought it was banned at the moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Chiparus wrote: »
    Thought it was banned at the moment?

So are illegal substances but you know yourself!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

I'll try a butchers and see what they have. Been an egg snob now, but the difference in supermarket eggs and actual free range eggs is huge when you see the eggs next to each other!

There might be a good black market trade in illegal free range eggs!

• Advertisement

There's a big difference between true free range eggs and the commercial variety of most free range eggs both in the flavour of the eggs and colour of the yolks and in the welfare of the birds.

It remains legal within the EU for poultry producers to routinely mass-medicate flocks of birds with antibiotics even when no disease has been diagnosed in any birds within the group. Dye is added to their feed to put some colour in the yolks.

Free range doesn't mean the poultry has been outdoors, it just means they have access to it but it's usually via small openings but most are too traumatised to leave the barns or it's blocked by other birds.

I think Glenmore Eggs are still stocked in Ardkeen Stores, I've got my own hens so don't pay much attention to who stocks which eggs.

This where to get rid query - CDs. Not music but data CDs, got quite a few and would like to dispose of them and the cases rather than sticking them in the black bin if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

This where to get rid query - CDs. Not music but data CDs, got quite a few and would like to dispose of them and the cases rather than sticking them in the black bin if possible.

You could try the Kilbarry dump. They might have some method.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,252 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

i actually stuck them in the green bin, probably the wrong thing to do but sure...
    You could try the Kilbarry dump. They might have some method.

probably a good idea

• Registered Users Posts: 28,344 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Can anyone suggest where I can buy locally produced honey near to Waterford/Tramore please?

Ardkeen stores sells west waterford produced honey if that is any good to you.

Deise Honey comes to us from Pat & Sheila Deasy of We Bee Farm in West Waterford, producing high quality local honey from their apiaries in the Blackwater and Bride river valleys. All of the Deasy’s bees are native dark bees; Pat has a passion for nature and is the chairman of the Native Irish Honey Bee Society. The Deasy’s also provides a crop pollination service to farmers in the area. The nectar & pollen are sourced from the local orchards, the flowering agricultural crops and the natural flora of the valleys, giving the honey a distinct floral taste. The main crop is harvested in late August. As with all small batch production there are fluctuations of availability to coincide with the seasons and nature.

0609728269821_800_800_c1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,344 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Thank you, that was the one I was looking for. I could not find any useful links to them. I had also looked on the Ardkeen store page but could not find it. I will go in and get some, thanks! Though I suppose this might be a low time of the year.

Sorry I should have given the link.

https://www.ardkeen.com/shop/larder/deise-honey-340g

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Where to buy best value light-weight suitcase in Waterford - 15kgs ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Where to buy best value light-weight suitcase in Waterford - 15kgs ?

Debenhams have good selection.

Advertisement