Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get ( x ) in Waterford City?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Worth checking Homestore and More - their monthly half price offer is on suitcases for May.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Where's good/best to get an external hard drive?
    I'm guessing PC world?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

sillysocks wrote: »
    Worth checking Homestore and More - their monthly half price offer is on suitcases for May.

I checked them out in local store in Dublin and the quality is dreadful. Barely worth the "half price" and an absolute ripoff if they were ever sold at full price.

Funny - you never see any of their "half price" offers actually on sale at full price. Surprised people never notice that.

My own opinion is they are an expensive store selling generally poor quality products.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Max Powers wrote: »
    Where's good/best to get an external hard drive?
    I'm guessing PC world?

Argos / PC World, if needed ASAP, money no object

If it was me i would buy from the UK / Online, for a good price

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

CeilingFly wrote: »
    I checked them out in local store in Dublin and the quality is dreadful. Barely worth the "half price" and an absolute ripoff if they were ever sold at full price.

Funny - you never see any of their "half price" offers actually on sale at full price. Surprised people never notice that.

My own opinion is they are an expensive store selling generally poor quality products.

This suitcase is something we would use about once a year for about 2 weeks .Surely the quality would stand up to this pressure ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

TK Maxx have a variety of suitcases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Suitcases are good example of getting what you pay for - a good one will last a bad one will leave you gathering your clothes etc off the pavement in the rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

CeilingFly wrote: »

Hadn't seen the cases in person, just the ad!

I know someone else recommended Debenhams and if you can get cases there on sale they are good quality. Also have a really long warranty-I had one where the zip broke after a few years and when I asked in store about repair they said they'd replace it free of charge even with no receipt. Full price they are expensive but they often have 'last seasons' designs on offer!

moonboy52 wrote: »
    Argos / PC World, if needed ASAP, money no object

If it was me i would buy from the UK / Online, for a good price

Thanks moon boy, I'll go into argos tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭lewisdhead

Fidget spinners. Man, the kid has my head wrecked. Anyone see them anywhere in the last few days??

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭Sosurface

lewisdhead wrote: »
    Fidget spinners. Man, the kid has my head wrecked. Anyone see them anywhere in the last few days??

Was a stall/stand opposite the cake place in city square yesterday afternoon selling them. No idea if still there but will likely be back there next Saturday Id say. Looked to be doing roaring trade too.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Places that I am aware that have or had them over last few days,

Funk it
    Mr Price
    AppleGreen Tramore
    Euro Giant
    Irepair

Mr Price and Euro Giant were both selling them for €3 while the rest were selling them for between €5-€9 apparently.

My young lad bought a few online and was selling them aswell, if you want I can check if he has any left, I know he had 2 red ones left yesterday evening, not sure if he sold them after. He was selling them for €5.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

heard Guineys had some in ...... ?4

I saw a sign at some shop across from wacky shoes selling them...I heard they're banned in some English schools..what are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭deadybai

Anywhere that sells smithwicks blonde? Either on tap or in an off licence

Haven't seen it anywhere but haven't really looked too hard either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Saw it last night in The Reg (small front bar)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

deadybai wrote: »
    Anywhere that sells smithwicks blonde? Either on tap or in an off licence

Haven't seen it anywhere but haven't really looked too hard either

Tesco for sure. Supervalu Kilbarry. But defintely in 90% of off licences.

Not a great flow on it in town on the taps because its not as popular as the metalmans and micro brews.

D

On the beer theme, anyone see in any off licence the latest bottle from dungarvan brewing called 'magic road'.tried world wide wines, out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

Anywhere in the city that sells Rasberry PI's?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,769 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Max Powers wrote: »
    On the beer theme, anyone see in any off licence the latest bottle from dungarvan brewing called 'magic road'.tried world wide wines, out of it.

Carry out Ferrybank had it a couple of weeks ago.

• Advertisement

JPA wrote: »
    Carry out Ferrybank had it a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks jpa,, onto the raspberry pi request from previous poster....(had to look it up, thought to myself, what a stupid name for a computer, coming from a fella looking for a beer called magic road.)

Where get screen for Android mobile fixed?
    Don't even know if worth it, how much approx?
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

I now have an Android / Smart TV and have bought a wireless mouse to use with this .
    Anyone know where I could buy a laptop tray / cushion tray / beanbag tray at a reasonable price ?

About 12'' x 8'' would do nicely .

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭MommySquish

Hey guys,

Does anyone know of a good beauty salon? I'm new to the area, and not employed yet. So ideally, I usually get my nails done and waxing (leg, underarm and brazilian), and also threading brows. I am looking for somewhere that is reasonably priced, they don't charge outrageously and they do a good job.

Thanks guys!

Edit: It doesn't need to be a salon either, if they know of someone who does a good job in their home I'm fine with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭deadybai

Does anyone know anyone who is able to re wire old cables for computers to bring it up to today's technology?

I have a load of speakers that have become obsolete and a gaming headset that are no good cause they don't have the correct outlet for them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Does anywhere in town serve Franciscan Well on tap? More specifically the Rebel Red variety!

Does anywhere in town serve Franciscan Well on tap? More specifically the Rebel Red variety!

Think the woodman have it, I'd say there are others too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

Grimes, Tully's and the Reg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭madfcuker

south wrote: »
    Grimes, Tully's and the Reg

Tully's don't have Rebel Red. It has been replaced with Sullivan's Red.

Advertisement