Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PowerLine AV 500 Mini Adapter

Options
  • 24-03-2014 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Is it possible to connect 3 or 4 of the PowerLine AV 500 Mini Adapter devices together or does it just work with 2 devices?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

dextor03 wrote: »
    Is it possible to connect 3 or 4 of the PowerLine AV 500 Mini Adapter devices together or does it just work with 2 devices?

I'm not sure about specific models, but I've 4 powerline adapters all working together. You should get instructions with them on the specific steps required to "pair" each one.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

"...the adapters’ “Pair” buttons can be utilized for securing or managing multiple Powerline adapters in your home Powerline network."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

dextor03 wrote: »

Yes

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭dextor03

Perfect, I'll get the 4 so

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Chewabacca

One of my 500mb models has broken, if I pick up a pair of the 200mb ones will they work together?

Any response is greatly appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Chewabacca wrote: »
    One of my 500mb models has broken, if I pick up a pair of the 200mb ones will they work together?

Any response is greatly appreciated.

The Netgear website says yes:
    Backward compatible with 200 Mbps & 500 Mbps Homeplug AV including NETGEAR Powerline AV products

This seems to be supported by quite a few users who have tried it here:
    http://superuser.com/questions/330347/does-a-mixed-powerline-av-500-and-200-network-slow-down-the-500-nodes

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Chewabacca

mike_ie wrote: »
    The Netgear website says yes:

This seems to be supported by quite a few users who have tried it here:
    http://superuser.com/questions/330347/does-a-mixed-powerline-av-500-and-200-network-slow-down-the-500-nodes

Thanks very much for the reply.

Advertisement