Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

**UFC Dublin: Ticket info** FACE VALUE ONLY

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

And did they get tickets?

Specifically them no but im sure there were hundreds like them that did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

Just curious to know who classes as bandwagon fan in your eyes?

People who don't follow the sport and only going because of McGregor's hype.

Quite simple really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Ireland is notorious for event junkies but if you couldn't get tickets you didn't try hard enough IMO. Newsletter pre sale was free and took only a few minutes of your time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Davei141 wrote: »
    Ireland is notorious for event junkies but if you couldn't get tickets you didn't try hard enough IMO. Newsletter pre sale was free and took only a few minutes of your time.

Most sensible post in the entire thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

I tried on the newsletter pre sales and still couldn't get tickets because they also sold out extremely quickly.

Ticketmaster is all about the luck of the draw. You can't try harder ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I went the pre-sale route, said a little prayer the night before AND wished upon a star and still didn't get tickets.

I got 3 different sets of tickets pretty easily on the newsletter and decided against it as i didn't think they were worth it for the seats. How often did you's keep trying?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭Chase3

I got 3 different sets of tickets pretty easily on the newsletter and decided against it as i didn't think they were worth it for the seats. How often did you's keep trying?
    I too failed on the newsletter presale. Was on from before 10 until after 11, nothing except 1 single ticket at the back came up me, and that was just a test after awhile of trying. I eventually got an 02 priority code from a good Samaritan on here and was able to get two 175 tickets around 11:30 with that. A lot of it was luck and continuing to try. I went for the best tickets because I sat at the back for Barou VS McDonald in London and couldn't see a thing.

As for being angry, I can't hold it against the new fan really, ticketmaster has always been a bit of a joke for sure. I probably would have been really pissed off if I didn't get tickets though, after years of tweeting Dana and joining this petition and that. It's fightclub for me next time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I'll say it again, i don't think getting offered tickets was an issue for a lot, what was the issue was the lack of 50/75Euro tickets available.

I was offered 150Euro tickets and TBH, i don't think the card warranted 320Euro for the 2 of us

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

scudzilla wrote: »
    I'll say it again, i don't think getting offered tickets was an issue for a lot, what was the issue was the lack of 50/75Euro tickets available.

I was offered 150Euro tickets and TBH, i don't think the card warranted 320Euro for the 2 of us

THIS! I had the presale newsletter code and couldnt get tickets on the Thursday, they sold out very quickly. Any tickets i was able to get on the Friday were €150 and I dont think the card merits that kind of money. I am a long time MMA fan, been to a few events in UFC, other local ones and was at the last UFC in Dublin.

At the end of the day a huge number of tickets were snapped up by people that only every heard of the UFC around the hype of Conor McGregor, they didnt even hear of him before he was in the UFC. A huge amount were grabbed by the ticket tout scum posting them for ridiculous prices on donedeal etc preying on those same new fans. Im not going to lose any sleep over either though, anyone that got tickets more power to them whether they are long time fans or new to the sport. It will be televised and if I really thought the card was worth it i would have paid the €150, I paid €175 last time. Either way its great to see it sold out and that the UFC is pushing Europe events more this year and hopefully if a few European fighters including McGregor win we will see more events over here and in the UK next year than we normally get.

• Advertisement

50/75 euro tickets were always going to be snapped up and difficult to get regardless. I turned down 100 euro tickets, you turned down 150 euro tickets, the so called bandwagoners were probably the ones who ponyed up the cash and snapped them up. All the power to them. Both of you lads decided the tickets were too pricey (And i agree with you) but others didn't so you have very little reasons to complain. Even without McGregor and the casual fans you still wouldn't have got 50/75 euro tickets easily.

50/75 euro tickets were always going to be snapped up and difficult to get regardless. I turned down 100 euro tickets, you turned down 150 euro tickets, the so called bandwagoners were probably the ones who ponyed up the cash and snapped them up. All the power to them. Both of you lads decided the tickets were too pricey (And i agree with you) but others didn't so you have very little reasons to complain. Even without McGregor and the casual fans you still wouldn't have got 50/75 euro tickets easily.

What pissed me off the most was that the exact same tickets i bought for UFC 93 for 50Euro were now 125??? Crazy increase.

The percentage of 50Euro tickets for this event must have been tiny compared to UFC 93

I'm not that arsed now, will enjoy it in the pub, if i get a ticket then so be it.

What pissed me off the most was that the exact same tickets i bought for UFC 93 for 50Euro were now 125??? Crazy increase.

The percentage of 50Euro tickets for this event must have been tiny compared to UFC 93

I'm not that arsed now, will enjoy it in the pub, if i get a ticket then so be it.

UFC has grown quite a bit over those 5 years though which explains the increase. I would be interested in which pubs are showing it too, spend that money saved on some pints, food and a bet. :pac:

Ticket price increases happen everywhere. Again, Supply < Demand

Look at the GAA. They've been sneaking all Ireland final tickets up by a fiver every year since the beginning of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Best thing to do is arrange to meet the touts and then not show up and wreck their heads. :D:D

Yup Ayatolla.

I would specifically suggest doing it to this fella... ;)

310152.png

UFC has grown quite a bit over those 5 years though which explains the increase.

Not really, UFC 93 was a numbered event, and a PPV in the US.

This is a Fight Night card.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Not really, UFC 93 was a numbered event, and a PPV in the US.

This is a Fight Night card.

How does that dispute what i said? Has the UFC not grown in the last 5 years?

How does that dispute what i said? Has the UFC not grown in the last 5 years?

Fight Night cards are always lower prices. Always have been.

Yes the UFC have grown in the past 5 years. But the prices of events have not. Vegas events in 2009 and 2010, are similar to now 2014, in fact cards this year are cheaper, the UFC reduced their pricing structure around the time of Rousey vs Tate I believe.

If you mean only in Ireland, yes obviously MMA has grown in general. But that growth does not justify (IMO) charging considerably more for a Fight Night card in 2014 than they did for a PPV card in 2009.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Yes the UFC have grown in the past 5 years. But the prices of events have not. Vegas events in 2009 and 2010, are similar to now 2014, in fact cards this year are cheaper, the UFC reduced their pricing structure around the time of Rousey vs Tate I believe.

If you mean only in Ireland, yes obviously MMA has grown in general. But that growth does not justify (IMO) charging considerably more for a Fight Night card in 2014 than they did for a PPV card in 2009.

??? That was co-main event on the Weidman V Silva II card

• Advertisement

The price increase is justified by the simple fact it sold out in no time. Every organiser knows Irish people will pay whatever it takes to go to whichever event is flavour of the month, be they sporting events/concerts etc. I wasn't prepared to pay that money for an average card but lots of people were so it would make no business sense to not maximise profits.

May not have been the Tate fight, but the UFC lowered prices for one of the events that Rousey fought on. I remember it was a Rousey event because my mate who hates women's MMA used it an argument that women's MMA was flopping. Soon shut his trap when the prices stayed low for the next event which had a big mens headliner.

As for the Irish prices, I think we have misunderstood each other regarding explains vs justifies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Derekh2014

DeVore wrote: »
    Its a pity because Gunni is genuinely one to watch. I'm as excited to see him as McGregor. Theres little upside to this fight for him, if he murders Cummings everyone will say it was expected. So he risks an upset for no upside.
    Gunni should be getting a top ten fight next after bolstering a pretty poor card imho.

Good to see Norman Parke on the card too but why no Paddy Hoolihan?? Paddy has been knocking on the door for too long and deserves a lot more exposure. He's an exciting fighter who finishes fights.

Also no Fields or Pendred? That's a pity too... (Maybe there are TUF reasons for this or something... I've avoided spoilers for TUF all year lol).

Don't think Chris will be on the card he didn't go to camp with cathal, or mcgregor. They went over to Iceland with j. Kavanagh last week for training camp with a few other sbg fighters. I know cathal has a fight in 5 weeks which I'm guessing will be the final of ultimate fighter but he won't say anything about it . He won't be on the Dublin card then as that is 2 weeks later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Yeah lads, tickets are only too expensive when an event doesn't sell out to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

May not have been the Tate fight, but the UFC lowered prices for one of the events that Rousey fought on. I remember it was a Rousey event because my mate who hates women's MMA used it an argument that women's MMA was flopping. Soon shut his trap when the prices stayed low for the next event which had a big mens headliner.

As for the Irish prices, I think we have misunderstood each other regarding explains vs justifies.

The prices were lower than usual in Vegas for Rousey V McMann. However this was nothing to do with a general price decrease. It was just the feeling that coming back to the same market 8 weeks later with a weak main event wasn't great.

UFC ticket prices are not down as a whole. Cheapest tickets reported for Berlin were in the €100 range.

I think it's been posted several times, but the bottom line on the price discussion is that the event sold out in minutes. Therefore it was not overpriced.

I totally understand the posters above who weren't willing to pay €320 for this card. It's a pretty bad card all told. I personally did pay €260 because I won't get a chance to go to a stacked UFC card in the US for many years and I see no value in skipping this one to go to another one in Europe the standard of which is likely to be similar but I'd have to travel for.

I'm going to be in Vegas for UFC 177 on August 30th, any idea what kinda prices I should be expecting for it?

• Advertisement

I'm going to be in Vegas for UFC 177 on August 30th, any idea what kinda prices I should be expecting for it?

How will ya be paying for that? By selling UFC tickets on EBay?

How will ya be paying for that? By selling UFC tickets on EBay?
    Uhm, my holiday fund? :confused: I know nothing about ebay sales, I said earlier in the thread that I was looking for tickets for my two buddies? :confused:

Uhm, my holiday fund? :confused: I know nothing about ebay sales, I said earlier in the thread that I was looking for tickets for my two buddies? :confused:

Bit of a coincidence then that there's another Ayatolla selling tix on eBay, based in Ireland too

What's the main event for that show? Or has anything been announced? I can't think of anything. Not Aldo-Mendes 2 is it?

Considering Ronda and Weidman fight in July and Jones in September, and the 155, 170 and hwt belts are all on ice whoever tops that card isn't going to be a big name so I would expect they'd be cheap tickets, probably at the level of Rousey-McMann.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

That seller on Ebay is from Cork.... As are you if I'm not mistaken.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=84997399&postcount=4620
    Nothing in Churchfield, Cork for Fibre yet, even though it was promised for Easter. I remember eating my eggs a good while back :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

2r6oiEI.gif

Bit of a coincidence then that there's another Ayatolla selling tix on eBay, based in Ireland too
    Must be a popular name
    Monokne wrote: »
    What's the main event for that show? Or has anything been announced? I can't think of anything. Not Aldo-Mendes 2 is it?

Considering Ronda and Weidman fight in July and Jones in September, and the 155, 170 and hwt belts are all on ice whoever tops that card isn't going to be a big name so I would expect they'd be cheap tickets, probably at the level of Rousey-McMann.
    Yeah was thinking the same. Jones - Gustaffson was supposed to be 177 but got pushed back. I'd pay in the region of 150 per ticket seeing as I'll be over there on holiday anyway. Was thinking if McGregor comes out of the Brandao fight unharmed, he could hot hot-shotted to another fight.

That_Guy wrote: »
    That seller on Ebay is from Cork.... As are you if I'm not mistaken.
    I sure am in Cork, but I'm sure I also don't have an ebay account!

Hook, line and sinker.

You been caught out, just admit it

Hook, line and sinker.

You been caught out, just admit it

Caught by the ticket police? :D

Sorry guys, hate to disappoint ye on a Monday afternoon but I'm not selling my two golden tickets for any price. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

I sure am in Cork, but I'm sure I also don't have an ebay account!

As soon as someone feels the need to lie you know they are probably guilty. You've posted on boards about buying items on eBay. I'm curious how that was done without an eBay account?
    Also that eBay account has purchased items similar to what you posted about.

I'll have to say, it's an incredible coincidence.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQMpqEnGGBWBGUatjii9dDp6hv03LfmMOdBl4MfMlZLUNpfLIs3vg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Caught rapid Aytolla. Caught rapid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Mod: Lads, it doesn't matter if that account belongs to a poster here. You'll have to just take his word for it. Don't be hounding the bloke and just get back on topic.

I was enjoying that :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

El Guapo! wrote: »
    Mod: Lads, it doesn't matter if that account belongs to a poster here. You'll have to just take his word for it. Don't be hounding the bloke and just get back on topic.

Hmm... Sounds to me like Guapo is trying to hide something... and that something is the fact that he is the one with the eBay account!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

<_<

>_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Hmm... Sounds to me like Guapo is trying to hide something... and that something is the fact that he is the one with the eBay account!

Guapo is actually an anagram of ticket tout.

Or in trying to silence us, is it short for Gustapo?

I know the tickets are all sold now, but please leave the thread open just a little longer.

Ah sense at last.

Looking forward to the show now. Just over a month away! ☺️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Another conspiracy for ye to check out. TheLiberal.ie facebook page was giving away 2 tickets if you liked their page and shared their post. They spammed the comp all weekend declaring winner would be announced last night. Now it looks like the competition never happened as all their posts about the comp are missing.

Edit: I read in the comments on their Garth Brooks post (latest post) winner selected last night and prize claimed this morning. Bollix!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

Done deal already features a good few tickets being sold by touts. I really hate it when that happens.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Ian Whelan wrote: »
    Done deal already features a good few tickets being sold by touts. I really hate it when that happens.

Report them if they're selling for over the odds. That's what I did. DD replied back and said they had removed the ad.

Ian Whelan wrote: »

Report the ad, that kinda carry on is a disgrace from the touts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

Ad removed.

Are you for real???

• Advertisement

*eats popcorn, slurps from diet coke*

:-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement