Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shared hosting antivirus not working

Options
  • 24-03-2014 11:24pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I contacted your support desk a few months ago regarding this, but basically the anti spam and anti virus features are not working at all. I have ESET scan through all my emails, but my phone wouldn't. This month, I'm on about 300 in the spam folder, with about 10 infected emails also.

The emails can be quote scary if they're opened by users that are not as savvy with computers as I would be. Basically, also of them are in a compressed zip (as to get past some antivirus scanners) and in that contains a .exe file.

Is there any ETA as to when this would be solved?

We're looking into getting our own mail server, but for now it seems ridiculous that there is no scanner at all?

Advertisement