Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

H8 Weeks.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Bodyfat Measured Today using 7 site and calipers.

Comparing to where I was about a year and a half ago it's pretty good! Chuffed I'm in single Digits , and increased my lean body mass by about 4kg :)

328768.png

This week was good , hit a High Bar PR 120Kg

Mixed it up a little and threw in some heavy singles . Bench went to 80Kg pretty easily but the collarbone starts to hurt when i go heavier so i left it there.
    Weight is still going down 77.4Kg this morning , Going to up the calories by 100 every week for the next 6 weeks and see what effect it has.
    Also going to go back onto Canditos 6 Week Program next week and try make some Pre Christmas Gains.

329164.PNG

Starting a modified version of Canditos 6 week program which I linked to in the last post , instead of benching 3 times i week I'm going to be squatting and deadlifting 3 times a week (Mon , Thurs , Sat) , Benching twice. (Tues Fri)

Starting weight. 77.4Kg BF 9.61%(Hit an all time Low of 76.8Kg over the weekend)
    Squat 120Kg
    Deadlift 160Kg
    Bench 80Kg

Lets see where we get to in 6 weeks.
    I'll post updates each week.
    Also going to be upping the Kcals by 100 every week for the 6 weeks.
    This week 2100Kcals

329975.PNG

Week one complete. Tough week , training 5 times , squatting 3 times isn't easy , legs were constantly sore. Squatted over 7 tonnes , New Volume PR.
    Onto week two Monday.

Calories going up to 2200 a day now.

330791.PNG

Week 2!!! Another tough week! 8.7 tones squatted.

Calories up to 2300 a day now
    Weight still at 78kg

I've been going up to a heavy single before doing my working sets this week. this is usually about 10-20kg in the squat , and 20-30kg in the DL heavier than the working sets , I find this makes the working sets easier , the weight feels lighter on my back , and quicker off the floor.

Yolo'd up to an ez pz 160kg single Deadlift on Thursday which was my starting 1RM at the beginning of the program.:cool:
    Also feeling very strong on the sumo deadlift even after the squats.

• Advertisement

Week 3!!
    331726.PNG

Nice to be doing less reps and heavier weights.
    Hit all my lifts except for bench press today , Slept awkwardly and woke up with my collarbone giving me trouble , it was definitely the limiting factor in benching today... Missed my target for the Second set and failed the 3rd rep in the 3rd set. Was Raging..

However I channeled that rage and started to squat.:pac:

Hit a lifetime PR of 130Kg for a grindy single after slowly working up.

also sunday brunch , a combination of both breakfast & lunch
    331727.jpg

Calories up to 2400 this week , weighing in at ~78kg this week

331729.PNG

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Nice squattin'

But that image...

e1epPAS.jpg

Week 4

332306.PNG

Also Some Form Footage. This was after 90mins of 5 aside yesterday , I was still sore but decided to workout anyway.Not impressed with my deadlifting , Neck position is all wrong , hips shooting up , what looks like back rounding , ugh! going to have to do something about that in the new year.

Calories up to 2500

• Registered Users Posts: 24,602 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

How do you find the programme?

How do you find the programme?

I really like it , the workouts are tough but the periodization keeps it interesting and you feel some accomplishment after finishing the workouts.
    you'll make good gains in the 6 weeks . The last time I ran it I was benching 3 times a week my bench increased by allot . This time , squatting and deadlifting 3 times a week and I feel I'm getting allot of progress on those lifts .

Going to run it again after this!

• Advertisement

papu wrote: »
    I really like it , the workouts are tough but the periodization keeps it interesting and you feel some accomplishment after finishing the workouts.
    you'll make good gains in the 6 weeks . The last time I ran it I was benching 3 times a week my bench increased by allot . This time , squatting and deadlifting 3 times a week and I feel I'm getting allot of progress on those lifts .

Going to run it again after this!

I thought I remember reading the lack of volume put some people off, that's all.

How long does a workout take?

I do like the sound of feeling like you've worked hard.

I thought I remember reading the lack of volume put some people off, that's all.

How long does a workout take?

I do like the sound of feeling like you've worked hard.

Well there's allot of volume the first 2/3 weeks , workouts with ten sets of triples and lots of high rep stuff!

Workout takes about an hour and a half or so , that includes about 15mins of dynamic stretching .

Excellent. Thanks for that.

Nice gainz, btw.

Week 5 Over!
    332871.PNG

Old 1RM[Kg] New 1RM (Predicted)[Kg] Increase[Kg]
    Squat 120 130(132) +12
    Bench Press 80 90 +10
    Deadlift 160 170 +10

That was a fun/hard 5 weeks , going to input the new numbers and run it again

Calories up to 2600
    Christmas Gains!

Edit ,Great sesh in the gym with Conzy today 28-12-14, hit 90kg on the Bench so delighted with that , hopefully wont be far off getting back to where I was before i broke the collar bone (95kg) and then getting 2 plates! (100kg)

First week back of 2015 ,
    Running Canditos 6 week program again.
    Ate everything around me during Christmas and New Years and came back at 81.5kg and feeling a bit fluffly , so I've been doing a keto style diet <50g carbs for the next 2 or 3 weeks .In the past week and dropped down to 77.5kg today, have stopped taking creatine so much of this is water retention. Calories are at 2100 which is a slight deficit of my TDEE
    334469.PNG

Everything went well , Trained with Conzy in flyefit and oh my glob what a great gym. Seriously tempted to join for my main. Flipped tyres , pushed prowlers and pulled bumper plates.

Joined Flyefit on Macken St. Today , Looking forward to throwing in some more conditioning work after my training. worlds apart from the college gym!

If anyone here trains there too and wants to say Hi , I've always got a luminous yellow drawstring bag with me :pac::pac:

335504.PNG

First week at FlyeFit and it went great. The week was rounded off with a gruelling 10Rep set at 107.5kg and then 10 Triples at 102.5kg.
    Luckily though Hanley was there and his area of effect gave +2 strength and +1 wisdom.

Slowly coming out of keto, happy with the weight loss I've had. 2 weeks at maintenance before some reverse dieting. Weight is at 77.something . Hanley reminded me that a double BW squat isn't far off! Have found a new goal for after I squat 3 plates!

Week3 in the Bag

336248.PNG

So I decided to do a shameless progress/transformation picture , This is 5 years of ups and downs and about 20kg in weight difference.
    The left is the first progress picture I'd taken and even that was after about 2 years of arsing around in the gym , not really getting anywhere ,
    but still after losing 10kg or so... Hopefully people will take this as motivation,
    it takes allot of time but if you stick with it you can change yourself for the
    better! If nothing else it'll be motivation for myself to keep on track!

336249.png

Also tested my max boxjump today , hit 42" (58% of my height) on the new soft boxes they got in flyefit.
    No idea if this is good or bad technique I've only been at it for 2 weeks, welcome to suggestions!

337204.PNG

Week 4 in the bag!:cool:

Squats are feeling great and benching is starting to come back again! Excited to lift some heavy ass weights next week and then test the week after. Really enjoying training at the moment.
    :::Cable curls are weird on the last day because I was in my home gym and the cable machine works on some crazy makes-no-sense arbitrary resistance scale. But it was heavy for reps of 8

Particularly sweet squatting and benching...and OHPing!

Big numbers, ahoy!

• Advertisement

Particularly sweet squatting and benching...and OHPing!

Big numbers, ahoy!

Thanks Alf!
    Benching and OHPing are coming along together nicely.
    Also delighted to be tripling what was a 1rep max only about 8 weeks ago, at a lower BW.

No wonder training is so enjoyable.

Great numbers so far. Everything moving nicely in the right direction.

337581.PNG

Week 5 , Day 1 , Squats.

Program asked for 127.5Kg X1-4 , decided this morning that I was going to hit 5. Focused and zoned in on the way to the gym ,
    I was going to hit 5, I wasn't going to accept anything less. Got to the gym , kept focus , and hit 127.5Kg x 5 for a new PR. Bit grindy.... but didn't die.

Did the prescribed deadlifts and ham curls , and then went to do some box jumps , not content with the squat PR I went and Hit a Box jump PR , 45"

Got it all in the Video Below. Enjoy!

337746.PNG

Bench Day , Hit 87.5kg for 3 , would have liked more but wasn't there after a long day in work.
    Bit of rest now , and then deadlifts on Saturday.

338117.PNG

Deadlift Day.
    Submitted my transfer report , the thing which allows me to continue my research for my PhD yesterday, celebrated with allot of beer and pizza and woke up pretty hungover.

Program asked for 165x1-4 , I decided to just do singles and find my 1RM.

Pulled up to 190Kg for a 20Kg PR. It was f-ugly but it got up. Almost 2.5BW on the deadlift. I think I might invest in a belt. Also need to work on form to get my hips a bit lower at the start of the lift.

Finished testing 1RM tonight , Squat and Bench
    Hit PR 135kg on the squat , failed 140Kg , but I should be able to get it next time.
    Got PR 95Kg on the bench and left it at that.

So here are the results after this cycle

Old 1RM[Kg] New 1RM (Predicted)[Kg] Increase[Kg]
    Squat 130 135(143) +5
    Bench Press 90 95(93) +5
    Deadlift 170 190 +20

That gives me a total of 420kg , or 926lb, at 78Kg that's a wilks of 291.44

Going to feed those back into the spreadsheet and run it again!
    If it ain't broke, make gains.

Week 1 Done , I tested bench and squat on monday so had to shift everything on a day and missed my sunday off :( . Back to normal training days next week.
    Everything felt solid. Especially happy with Bench 75kg Max reps = 10
    seeing as last cycle I hit 72.5X8. Gains!
    Calories @ 2700 a day.
    339004.PNG
    Also Reactive Box jumps , This was from last week , I've moved up to 45" with these after Squats and Deadlifts.

Got this lovely 10mm lever belt from Strengthshop.ie
    SBu4EojWWyaDctWsnbKxNlvsmb8x46k5fZjmtaeCVIs?size=1280x960
    Here's a bit of footage from todays workout trying it out and breaking it in.
    First is my last working set of 112.5Kg x 8 beltless , then 100kg belted , then a 140sumo , and then 140 conv deadlift.

Made a surprising difference to the High Bar squats , Core was rock solid , and I could focus on pushing with my legs.
    Belt felt good for Sumo aswell , that 140 went up very easy. Didn't make too much of a difference to my Deadlift, but it did help with the stiff legged deadlifts I did afterwards.
    Look forward to using it in maybe 1 or 2 of my lower body workouts per week to get comfortable with it.

What kinda belt did you have before?

• Advertisement

What kinda belt did you have before?

Never used a belt in training before. This is my first one!

Advertisement