Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

H8 Weeks.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,600 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

papu wrote: »
    Never used a belt in training before. This is my first one!

Even nicer squattage lately then!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Week 2

339640.PNG

Did 5 of the 10 sets belted today for the squats , Smashed them all felt really easy , even paused the last triple for a count of 3.

After all that I did a 160 Sumo pull and then some working sets.

No box jumps because I damn near broke my toe yesterday smashing it into a pool table. It looks broken, but it doesn't feel broken, probably just very badly bruised .:confused:

It looks broken, but it doesn't feel broken, probably just very badly bruised .:confused:

Should ask the magic 8 ball... :)

Another week in the bag.

340430.PNG
    No optional exercises today.... did loads..:cool:
    face pulls, behind the neck barbell press, shoulder and ankle mobility, seated rows, zombie squats, front squats , overhead squats and Pin press :pac:
    Also played around on the rings yesterday, going to be doing much more of that in the future.
    This weeks workout was fueled by

Time to make a mountain of Bolognese and get stuck into the new House of Cards

Week 4!

341196.PNG

Benching felt great today, I've been throwing In some pin pressing and pause benching to keep the volume up this week, program called for 90 x1-2 I pushed out 3 and could have gone for 4 but left it in the tank.

This weeks workout was brutally encouraged by viking metal.

Time to set some PRs

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Great work, that 100kg bench is so close you can smell it id say

• Registered Users Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭COH

Amon Amarth 'The Hero' is the greatest piece of music ever written

Been sick all week with a nasty dose of the flu.
    felt heaps better today and wanted to do something in the gym
    Decided as I was meant to peak the 6week cycle I should try for some PRs.

Got some big milestones in a
    PR 100Kg Bench &
    PR 140Kg Squat

80Kg BW
    Old 1RM[Kg] New 1RM[Kg] Increase[Kg]
    Squat 135 140 +5
    Bench Press 95 100 +5

Big milestones, I'd say.

"Sorry, I'll be needing at least 6 of those 20s. Squattin' today".

Top work *thumbs up thingy*

Mixed bag this week.

Monday started well with upper body
    Tuesday I was just feeling off , hams and hips very sore, rolled and stretched loads
    Thursday was no better , left out assistance work ,rolled and stretched loads
    Friday went well , Hit Bench 80Kg for Max Reps of 11 , which is up from 75Kgx10 during the last cycle. rolled and stretched loads again

Still feeling stiff so im skipping squats and DLs today , gonna roll and stretch some more before next week.

342704.PNG
    Also Switching to Sumo with a 1RM of 180 for these 6 weeks

• Advertisement

Out with a stomach bug last week, wasn't able to eat anything mon-thursday , did some lifting on Friday but still felt pretty weak.

Been eating well all weekend and I'm going to Run Week 2 this week and continue from there

Week 2 Done , Back is Back to full health , For some stupid reason I'd started unracking the bar in a hollow "tail tucked under" brace,
    this is woeful for my back and give me shooting pain in the bottom of the squat, so then I round, and things only get worse.
    Bracing as normal and squats this week have been great , even the 10 triples today.

344063.PNG

344881.PNG
    Week 3 Done, Felt strong all week except for today.
    yesterday I had a 2.5 Hour grilling by 2 professors on my research transfer report, Glad to say I passed with no corrections so I'm officially on the PhD register. Many cans were had in celebration so I was feeling a bit rough today.
    Pancakes from Yogism and a trip to Temple bar food market helped but my lifts suffered.
    344882.jpg

344881.PNG
    Week 3 Done, Felt strong all week except for today.
    yesterday I had a 2.5 Hour grilling by 2 professors on my research transfer report, Glad to say I passed with no corrections so I'm officially on the PhD register. Many cans were had in celebration so I was feeling a bit rough today.
    Pancakes from Yogism and a trip to Temple bar food market helped but my lifts suffered.
    344882.jpg

Congrats! No corrections as well.

Making brain gainz

345746.PNG

Week 4!

Good week of training, especially happy with bench today 95kg for three was grand and I had 1 left in the tank.(Barbell row on day 4 should be DB row cba changing and reuploading it, on my tablet atm)

I'm on the fence of whether to go for 1rep maxes next week or do the 1-4reps at 97.5% and then max the week after. I prefer to go all out for 1 rather than try for reps. Definitely making gains.
    Calories up to 3000 now, weight is between 81 and 82kg which is +4kg in about 4 months. Slowest bulk so far which im quite happy with!

I just noticed you've switched to sumo pulls? How you finding that in terms of the difference in for to conventional?

I just noticed you've switched to sumo pulls? How you finding that in terms of the difference in for to conventional?

Yeah I switched 4 weeks ago, i was using sumo as an assistance before but ive removed conventional completely now and put sumo as the main. I prefer the movement to conventional deadlifting and it limits the risk to any kind of lower back troubles. Plus I want to make the Quad, Hamstring and Glutes gains.

Yeah I switched 4 weeks ago, i was using sumo as an assistance before but ive removed conventional completely now and put sumo as the main. I prefer the movement to conventional deadlifting and it limits the risk to any kind of lower back troubles. Plus I want to make the Quad, Hamstring and Glutes gains.

Cool. Been thinking about doing it for 6-8 weeks in next run and seeing what, if any, carryover I get so was curious.

Cool. Been thinking about doing it for 6-8 weeks in next run and seeing what, if any, carryover I get so was curious.

I'm not sure what the carryover is yet, for the next cycle or two I'll be sticking to sumo, the goal is to hit 200 Sumo.

I do think its helped my HBBS though.

Testing this week.
    Today, Squats.

Warmup.
    Stretching,
    Barbell complex,
    RDL-OHP-Good Mornings - Squats.

60kg x 5
    100kg x 3
    110kg x 1
    120kg x 1
    130kg x 1
    140kg x 1
    145kg x 1 PR
    150kg x 1 PR
    155kg x 1 PR

Over the moon, 145 felt so easy I went to 150, which also felt good so I got greedy and went for 155. Looks better than it felt. I was a little distracted :rolleyes:
    Very very close to double BW squat, Love this program!

• Advertisement

3 PRs is just greedy!

Great work!

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Savage work lad

Today, Bench.

Warmup.
    Stretching,
    Barbell complex,

Bar x 10,
    Feet up, Wide Grip, Close Grip, Comp Bench
    60kg x 5
    70kg x 3
    80kg x 2
    90kg x 1
    95kg x 1
    100kg x 1
    105kg x 1 PR
    107.5kg x 1 PR

+7.5kg to ma bench. Happy with that.

Today Deadlift

Warmup.
    Stretching,
    Barbell complex,

60kg x 5
    100kg x 3
    140kg x 2
    160kg x 1
    170kg x 1
    180kg x 1
    185kg x 1 PR
    190kg x 1 PR

10kg and my sumo now matches my best ever conventional.

It wasn't the best looking pull but after 3 failed attempts I got 190 up.
    There's a lesson in there somewhere about maxing out at 10pm after a long days work but it had to be done as the rest of my weekend is gonna be busy and boozy.

Boom!

Nice finishing touch with the "Yeah, I just did that!" flipping open of the belt

Boom!

Nice finishing touch with the "Yeah, I just did that!" flipping open of the belt

Thanks!
    The lever belt is worth it for that action alone!:D

I got a 7 Site Fat caliper measurement done today to see how everything is coming along. Same trainer I got the others done with.

346750.PNG

So after 6 months.
    346756.PNG

I'm taking the measurements and changes with a pinch of salt, I would have thought I was closer to 13-15% BF. Either way I'm going to be doing a mini cut for the next 8-12 weeks.
    Calories @ 2600kcal

Well as I thought, that was wildly exaggerating my gains.
    The average for the rest of the week has been about 3 kg lighter (82.2), which means the Bf% stays the same but its only about 2.1kg lean mass which is more realistic I think.
    It also means less of an intensive cut :3

side note: Training this week has been tough, because of all the PRs the weights have jumped up. Manageable but ....the DOMS....

347451.PNG
    (Deadlift saturday should be Sumo, I'm sticking to the Dark side)

Week 1 done. Was tough.
    Cut interrupted by Pinty Jo' burgery night friday.
    no regrets.

• Advertisement

348215.PNG

Week 2 done, Squatting on Thursday was tough, weight has gone up 12.5kg from the last cycle, the last two working sets were very very tough.. Benching on friday was woeful too, hadn't eaten enough, was busy all day in work and workout afterwards felt crappy.
    Was training today with ConZy in macken street, I was working on my set of 10@127.5kg but on the first and every subsequent rep the lever of my belt hit the previous song button on my mp3 player, it was absolutely awful I was tempted to bail and retry but I kept going. This is the video and what I was hearing at the time.

we then went to My Meat Wagon and I ate a pig. ConZy had a cow.
    348216.jpg

Advertisement