Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 2014/15 New club kits thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

That 3rd Marseille jersey is epic.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Have to hand it to Marseille.....they always produce lovely kits!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

That grey Marseille one is a stunner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭xtal191

Lazio+14-15+Home+Kit.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

statto25 wrote: »
    That 3rd Marseille jersey is epic.

Very Sampdoria-ish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Citeh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,775 ✭✭✭eire4

KingJamsie wrote: »
    Citeh?

I wouldn't have though they would have a new home top for next season given they just switched to Nike this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

eire4 wrote: »
    I wouldn't have though they would have a new home top for next season given they just switched to Nike this season.

All three of their Nike kits are '2013/2014', so I imagine all three will be replaced for next season.

All three of their Nike kits are '2013/2014', so I imagine all three will be replaced for next season.

Fair enough. Thats certainly Nike looking to milk their Manchester City cash cow.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Fair enough. Thats certainly Nike looking to milk their Manchester City cash cow.

Every club changes their kit annually these days. It's not exclusive to Nike or City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

BnW4_GtCYAA6K84.jpg:large

Teaser for Everton and Hull from Umbro

Every club changes their kit annually these days. It's not exclusive to Nike or City.

Not when it comes to home kits is this the norm. Home kits typically are kept for 2 seasons unless there is some special reason such as an anniversary year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

Not when it comes to home kits is this the norm. Home kits typically are kept for 2 seasons unless there is some special reason such as an anniversary year.

Man United have changed their kit each year for the last five years. Chelsea the last seven. City have had 8 changes in 8 years. The majority of big clubs change every year now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Can only think of Arsenal who've kept the same home kit 2 seasons in a row..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

United did it in 07/08 and 08/09

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Everton have brought out 3 new kits every year for at least the last twelve years. Hate to be a parent of a young toffee

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Everton have brought out 3 new kits every year for at least the last twelve years. Hate to be a parent of a young toffee

Liverpool pre warrior kept the kit for 2 years a few times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

xtal191 wrote: »
    More pics of Milans Home and 3rd kits

AC+Milan+14-15+Home+Kit+%281%29.jpg
    Milan+14-15+Third+Kit+%281%29.jpg

Whats with the crest on the milan home jersey?

Liverpool-14-15-Away-Kit.jpg
    Liverpool-14-15-Third-Kit.jpg

Ronan14 wrote: »
    Whats with the crest on the milan home jersey?

The St. Georges Cross is the emblem of the city of Milan and it's half of their normal crest. However I don't know why their wearing it next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,502 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Like who? did any team in the BPL not change last season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I would also doubt Manchester City is much of a cash cow for Nike

The St. Georges Cross is the emblem of the city of Milan and it's half of their normal crest. However I don't know why their wearing it next season.

It's the flag of St Ambrose. The patron saint of Milano and hence the Inter jersey with the red cross on white which I had and provoked a few responses at the time.

inter-away-cente.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Why do Liverpools away and third jerseys often look like the result of a printer malfunction?

• Site Banned Posts: 175 ✭✭jimjimjimmy

Morf wrote: »
    It's the flag of St Ambrose. The patron saint of Milano and hence the Inter jersey with the red cross on white which I had and provoked a few responses at the time.

Yeah same as, got more sh!t from people wearing that jersey than when I wore a Rangers jersey, which I specifically bought to antagonise my Celtic mates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Why do Liverpools away and third jerseys often look like the result of a printer malfunction?

I won't lie, I think the away jersey is quite nice actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,281 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Mushy wrote: »

I like both of them, beats your run of the mill, 'same each year' Milan, Lyon and Marseille shirts for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Everton home & away.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Mushy wrote: »

That one is nice, this years one is poor enough in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Everton home & away

plain and simple. Will have to see it before buying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Those Everton jerseys are lovely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Shock value . It's part of warriors selling plans . It means people notice the jersey wether it's nice , average or horrid looking .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Liverpool home and away for next season definitely on my shopping list. The 3rd kit is a huge letdown, though. Wouldn't be too bad if it didn't have that Peru-style red slash on it

Manchester+City+14-15+Home+Kit.jpg
    Manchester+City+14-15+Home+Kit+1.jpg

fullstop wrote: »
    Like who? did any team in the BPL not change last season?

There are leagues other then the epl. Wigan and Celtic spring to mind as 2 examples.

No doubt though there is a lot more clubs changing all their kits every season then there used to be. Although some of that turnover is due to clubs changing who they get their kits from as well. Everton being a good example of a club who have had a lot of turnover in terms of who makes their kit.

• Advertisement

There are leagues other then the epl. Wigan and Celtic spring to mind as 2 examples.

No doubt though there is a lot more clubs changing all their kits every season then there used to be. Although some of that turnover is due to clubs changing who they get their kits from as well. Everton being a good example of a club who have had a lot of turnover in terms of who makes their kit.

Wigan have changed their kit every season for the last nine years, Celtic have had three kits in the last 3 years.
    Check out http://www.historicalkits.co.uk and you'll see that nearly every top flight team has been changing their kits annually for years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Everton home & away

They aren't. Those are the Greece World Cup jerseys but with the Everton crest and sponsor Photoshopped on them.

Greece+2014+World+Cup+Away+Kit+(1).jpg

Greece-World-Cup-2014-Jersey.jpg

This is the first glimpse Umbro have shown of the kit:

Bnddo9dIYAAQ6Lh.jpg:large

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

They aren't. Those are the Greece World Cup jerseys but with the Everton crest and sponsor Photoshopped on them.

Greece+2014+World+Cup+Away+Kit+(1).jpg

Greece-World-Cup-2014-Jersey.jpg

I've ordered the Greece home I think it's savage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

xtal191 wrote: »
    Manchester+City+14-15+Home+Kit.jpg
    Manchester+City+14-15+Home+Kit+1.jpg
    Hope we bring out a decent away shirt. That neck/collar is horrid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Really gotta stop coming back here for the one new post per day that it's become at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Bayern jersey is gorgeous.

Wouldnt read to much into Evertons one. Too many floating about.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I would also doubt Manchester City is much of a cash cow for Nike

You'd be surprised. Casual fans (particularly in the big markets outside of Europe) like successful clubs.

Inter Home

Inter+14-15+Home+Kit+W.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Lovely

Wigan have changed their kit every season for the last nine years, Celtic have had three kits in the last 3 years.
    Check out http://www.historicalkits.co.uk and you'll see that nearly every top flight team has been changing their kits annually for years

I stand corrected on the Wigan kits fair enough. On Celtic though the only reason that is technically correct is the middle of the last 3 kits was a one year 125th anniversay kit. The previous one was kept 2 seasons as is the current home one being kept for 2 seasons.

Your point is valid though that more and more clubs are changing all their kits on an annual basis just not all.

Athletic-Bilbao-14-15-Away-Kit.jpg

Atletico-Madrid-14-15-Away-Kit.jpg

If only those Atheltic jerseys were possible to get outside Spain.

Sociedad this season just gone were the same.

theligashop.com were an option but they seemed to be out of stock in a flash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Home one reminds me of Cork City jersey for some reason.

The colour I guess

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Prepare yourselves for A, Madrid jerseys everywhere next season :p ah it is nice though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement