Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maynooth traffic morning

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

ixus wrote: »
    Here's what you need to do every morning. Turn right at the Maxol station headed for Celbridge. Drive for approx 2km and take the next tern left (just after a big old house). Drive along these back roads for 3km (there are a lot of sharp bends so take your time). At the end of it, go over the bridge and to your left. This brings you out by entrance to Carton. Note: This road is dodgy enough when frost/ice about.

Drive another 2 km and turn right and you're on the Dunboyne road.

While this way is longer, you will never be held up in traffic. Anyone making their way to Dunboyne from the Straffan end will take this route.

Thanks. Have been traffic free though since last week so perhaps there was just a blip last week. Will use this way if I find that traffic is backed up in future :-)

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I go that way some mornings it feels a lot longer but it is a straight run,after this week is 2 weeks of midterm so traffic will be lovely.

Yes lovely but I won't need to be travelling then myself!! :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

same,isn't it wonderful:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

on another note if any of you are traveling that way due to a school drop I would happily car pool.

Very kind MB, no children here yet! May throw them into my school when they do! Few years off yet anyway! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

A lot of the rush hour traffic in the morning is caused by people bringing their children from Maynooth to the Gaelscoils in Dunboyne/Kilcock and vice versa. A lot of unnecessary travel for the parents and really the schools/parents involved should look at seeing if they there was any way they could swap like for like. e.g 1st class child doing the Maynooth to Dunboyne run could swap with a 1st class child doing the opposite journey. Also the new footpath area around the girls primary school is adding to the traffic at these times as the cars just seem to stop in the middle of the road and wait for the passengers to arrive out from school.

ah if only there was increased capacity in Maynooth,I could walk 7 minutes it would take.Instead of the current fiasco.
    I am pretty sure no one commutes from Dunboyne to the Gaelscoil in Maynooth and as far as I am aware we are the only ones that do the commute from Maynooth to Dunboyne.

i am just wishing emigration on people:)

I think the new path at the girls school is actually an improvement,though sometimes i wish Maynooth at a parking warden there to ticket all the people that stop in the middle of the road to let kids out.

Advertisement