Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hynes Shoes Closed

Options
  • 25-03-2014 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭

What's the word on the footpath ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

http://www.mwr.ie/index.php/news/19712-hynes-shoes-castlebar-goes-into-voluntary-liquidation

I heard they closed another outlet in Nass or someplace like that which was also part of the family. Maybe MidWest Radio are only intereted in local stores which is why it's not listed.

Shame. I remember going in there as a kid. They had this electronic toy for measuring your shoe size which I found fascinating as a kid.
    In recent years it was very hard to find anything decent. The range of stock really went downhill after the recession. I often tried to spend money in it but they either didn't have anything suitable or in my size.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Sorry to see a long established local business close.

this is a tough time for local businesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

Dudda wrote: »

Shame. I remember going in there as a kid. They had this electronic toy for measuring your shoe size which I found fascinating as a kid.

I remember that machine! I was scared sh!tless as a child that it wouldn't stop and my foot would be crushed! Sorry to see it go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭6541

Ya it is a shame. The Main Street of Castlebar is decimated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Sad to hear the Hynes' has closed - these kind of stores are badly needed on Main Street. I probably haven't been in the shop for ten or fifteen years but, like others, I was also a fan of that shoe size measuring thing as a child.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

main street is taking a hammering.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Castlebar12

its kinda weird that all its store castlebar galway naas and i think tuam closed so fasr, no closing down sale or anything............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

Starved of cash and I hope the risk to creditors is minimal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

I think the stock they had was very poor. I don't know about kids/woman but the men's was very poor. I went there to get shoes and there was only one pair I liked. Maybe I'm just too picky!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Is Hynes still closed?

It hasn't reopened under a new name or anything has it?

Where other shoeshop is there to buy children's shoes from in Castlebar, other than a chain like Dunnes/Penneys/Next?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Call me Al wrote: »
    Is Hynes still closed?

It hasn't reopened under a new name or anything has it?

Where other shoeshop is there to buy children's shoes from in Castlebar, other than a chain like Dunnes/Penneys/Next?

Still closed.
    You have Parsons at the top of the main street on the left and the place in market square,
    There is a McGuires shop also, not sure what they are like

Shaws actually have a decent selection of shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

yop wrote: »
    Still closed.
    You have Parsons at the top of the main street on the left and the place in market square,
    There is a McGuires shop also, not sure what they are like

Shaws actually have a decent selection of shoes.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

i heard Vaughans shoes might be opening there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

irishgeo wrote: »

I heard that too, seems likely

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I heard that too, seems likely

Thats great if it is, they seem to have a good setup.

Its now the case that no shoe shop in Castlebar sell kids shoes, told that there are shops in Ballina which do..... sweet devine!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭ureds

Indeed with,if word on the street is true,1 or 2 familiar faces from Hynes' working there.

ureds wrote: »
    Indeed with,if word on the street is true,1 or 2 familiar faces from Hynes' working there.

When is this happening?

Advertisement