Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading Xbox one controller

• 25-03-2014 9:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭

I was trying to upgrade the xbox one controller but when i goto the screen with the controller plugged in it doesn't detect any

I was using a phone charger usb cable as I dont have a play and charge kit. Is there some trick to this I am missing?
    Thanks
    -Toppy-

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

Try a different cable. Some cables cause trouble.
    If it still doesn't work try it on a different console

EDIT I may have misunderstood this.
    If you are trying to update your controller you only need to do this to use the new stereo headset adapter. If you don't have this then don't bother.
    If you do then plug in the adapter, plug your headset into the adapter and connect your controller to the console. If it doesn't work then see above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

Hi Munkymanmatt

You were actually right the first time, its not for the headset but actually for the adjustments that were done for titanfall

See here for example:-

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2014/03/14/how-to-update-your-xbox-one-controller-for-titanfall.htm

Havent got a chance yet to try a different cable but am considering grabbing a play and charge kit to see if that will do it with that cable

Thanks
    -Toppy-

-Toppy- wrote: »
    Hi Munkymanmatt

You were actually right the first time, its not for the headset but actually for the adjustments that were done for titanfall

See here for example:-

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2014/03/14/how-to-update-your-xbox-one-controller-for-titanfall.htm

Havent got a chance yet to try a different cable but am considering grabbing a play and charge kit to see if that will do it with that cable

Thanks
    -Toppy-

The titanfall controller patch took effect the first time you synced your controller with the console after the Feb system update. You don't need the USB installed update unless you want to use the stereo adapter!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

Huh? How could it update the controller wirelessly? I read/watched that the controller update used take a few mins as well, I never saw it happening once

-Toppy-

The basic idea is that the titanfall patch was a patch applied to the console software to change how it sees controller input, specifically stick sensitivity around the outer edges of the circle of movement, whereas the headset adapter software is applied to the controller, hence the use of usb cables.

• Advertisement
Advertisement