Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Film crew in town this morning

Options
  • 25-03-2014 9:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭

Huge trucks, lighting rigs, generators, huge cameras on tracks and a crew of around 30 around Pope's Quay and have been spotted on Paul St too.

David Murray who starred as the Dad in Amber was seen in town yesterday. Could be connected or maybe not!

Anyone have any info??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

I know some crowd were out in Rockmount Club in Whitechurch at the weekend making a documentary about Roy Keane. Cameras, mikes on poles etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

I know some crowd were out in Rockmount Club in Whitechurch at the weekend making a documentary about Roy Keane. Cameras, mikes on poles etc...

Would they need all the equipment they have for a documentary? A crew of 30 for a start sounds strange.

I dunno about film making so I'll leave that in the hands of those that do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

Temaz wrote: »
    Would they need all the equipment they have for a documentary? A crew of 30 for a start sounds strange.

I dunno about film making so I'll leave that in the hands of those that do.

No, of course not, a handycam is all one really needs.

However, once one starts to get serious about the art, the camera used alone needs three operators and maybe a many as seven to run a scene.

Remember that most of these cameras are manual focus and even those that offer autofocus are usually switched to manual anyway.

Then you have the scratch and setup crews, some of the camera crew may double up, but on a big production they'd be scouting the next location with the director, the production crew would be handing the Terabytes of data recordings but they might just ferry stock to a bank of fast computers and make a few rushes for the local media and advertising.

Then you add in catering, cleaning, costume, makeup, security, St John's Media Studies Class, thirty starts to seem small enough. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

They are making a short-film called "Rockmount" about Roy Keane’s early life in 1980s Cork. They had auditions a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Vex Willems

There is also a feature film being shot in Cork at the moment. Started shooting yesterday I believe.

• Advertisement

There is also a feature film being shot in Cork at the moment. Started shooting yesterday I believe.

"The Cherry Tree" I think it is called.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Vex Willems

evilivor wrote: »
    "The Cherry Tree" I think it is called.

Thats the one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,858 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

The X Factor auditions were on in the Half Moon theatre. That might have had something to do with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

They are making a short-film called "Rockmount" about Roy Keane’s early life in 1980s Cork. They had auditions a few weeks ago.

Yeah. They were filming on my estate last week. Dog & I went along for a nose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Dbu

Temaz wrote: »
    Huge trucks, lighting rigs, generators, huge cameras on tracks and a crew of around 30 around Pope's Quay and have been spotted on Paul St too.

David Murray who starred as the Dad in Amber was seen in town yesterday. Could be connected or maybe not!

Anyone have any info??

David Murray is from Cork:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,029 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

What the OP saw on Popes's Quay and heard about on Paul Street is the filming of the feature film 'The Cherry Tree'.
    It has a pretty compact crew of about 30, alright. It's a horror. Don't know the full cast yet but I don't think David Murray is in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭stwome01

More information on the Cherry Tree @ https://www.facebook.com/cherrytreeextras

• Registered Users Posts: 14,313 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

They've been filming a documentary about Roy Keane around rockmount recently, probably related.

They've been filming a documentary about Roy Keane around rockmount recently, probably related.

As mentioned previously, it's not a documentary. It's a short film about Keane as a kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,029 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

As mentioned previously, it's not a documentary. It's a short film about Keane as a kid.

and is entirely unrelated to the feature film.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,313 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Yep that's the one about Keano,

Wonder are they looking for Extras.

Advertisement