Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I come too

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Xtrainer
    a paltry 20 mins. I was so tired I was nearly sick. Still, something is better than nothing!

Physio massage was grand, got a fair bit out of the shoulder. I was crying a little during the quads/ITB. "did you survive that yeah, your quads are pretty bad". That'll teach me to foam roll. Apparently in good shape otherwise though. Hurray
    Lifting tomorrow. Going a bit earlier than usual so I duno how that will pan out. Gime a squat rack, I've my belt packed and all

• Registered Users Posts: 24,591 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

bluewolf wrote: »
    Xtrainer
    a paltry 20 mins. I was so tired I was nearly sick. Still, something is better than nothing!

Physio massage was grand, got a fair bit out of the shoulder. I was crying a little during the quads/ITB. "did you survive that yeah, your quads are pretty bad". That'll teach me to foam roll. Apparently in good shape otherwise though. Hurray
    Lifting tomorrow. Going a bit earlier than usual so I duno how that will pan out. Gime a squat rack, I've my belt packed and all

Get yizzer hamstrings done?

That's a kind of unexpected horror show.

Yeah that was #2 on this evening's pain stakes but quads were absolutely up at the top!!

Yeah that was #2 on this evening's pain stakes but quads were absolutely up at the top!!

ERMAAAAGEEEERD

Ermagerd my left querd

• Advertisement

Toe squat
    20 x5
    30 x3
    40 x3

Squat
    50 x2
    60 x2
    65 x1
    *belt*
    70 x1
    77.5x1
    82.5 x1
    87.5 x1
    92.5 x1 bit of a struggle :( Not massively, just definitely wasn't going heavier today
    85 x1

HB Pause squat
    50 3x3

Bench with 1-2s pause
    20 x8
    30 x5
    35 x3
    40 x2
    45 x3
    40 3x6

Deadlifts marked as "lol nope"

92.5 x1 bit of a struggle :( Not massively, just definitely wasn't going heavier

Yeah but isn't that your PR?

95 as of 2 weeks ago. But yeah it's my comp PR. I want 100 though wahhh
    Ah no i would have gone for 97.5 if today felt good but it was always a big if. I still thought 92.5 might have been a teeny bit easier than it was. Who knows! :D

95 as of 2 weeks ago. But yeah it's my comp PR. I want 100 though wahhh
    Ah no i would have gone for 97.5 if today felt good but it was always a big if. I still thought 92.5 might have been a teeny bit easier than it was. Who knows! :D

I thought it was agreed that the 95 didn't happen because "you forgot to press 'record'"... :pac:

Yeah but then i did it again and did hit record :D

• Advertisement

If a tree records itself falling over in the woods, but doesn't put bit on social media, did it even?

It's actually still hanging over me that the recording is really crap :pac:

It's actually still hanging over me that the recording is really crap :pac:

First time I managed a 2.5 x BW deadlift, the recording looked like it was done in the densest fog since the pea soupers. Was rejected in the thread of videoed PRs on the strength sports thread :D

04 08
    Shoulder dislocates and scaps

Bench
    20 x8
    30 x5
    35 x3
    40 x2
    45 x1
    50 x1 noticed i started the lift closer to my face when it got heavy. Position!
    55 x1 remember core & lock down tight
    57.5 xF roll of shame
    50 x2 suddenly super heavy, sank like a stone
    45 2x3 so so heavy

Today was a choice between a more solid 55 (last one was borderline) or a genuine attempt at 57.5. Chose the former. I'd say once i could do 55 with a reasonable pause I'm in the 57.5.

3s Pause bench
    35 2x3 bit too easy
    37.5 x3

Comp dl
    60 x3
    77.5 3x3

Msr
    28 3x12

Core work
    Leg extensions 3x12

Gonna feel the core tomorrow.
    Delighted with that bench now, looked a lot better than the last go at it.

Might not be comp pause but it was a pause and a comfortable rep from there.

Thanks! I might give 57 another go but only from 50 or 52 and only n a good day next week if there is one!
    Posted the roll of shame there as well for the lols

Thanks! I might give 57 another go but only from 50 or 52 and only n a good day next week if there is one!
    Posted the roll of shame there as well for the lols

Nicely done. I manage to make it waaaaaayyyy more awkward looking. Like I'm having a fit underneath the bar instead of rolling it.

Edit: I hate those non-round plates though

Ha. As long as they're matching I'm happy. Half the time I have to go on an expedition to find a matching pair of anything

06 08

Rdl
    20x8
    Dl conv
    70 x3
    90x2
    100 x1
    110 x1
    117.5 x1 not moving well today :(
    125 x1
    132.5 xf very bad position
    Got it to my knees and burst out laughing and gave up. It was really bad. The nice girl videoing me said it was too much in my back which i think i agreed with. I forsee a lot of pause off the floor dls in my future.
    Sure that's what you get when you sacrifice dls for squat and bench. At least i didnt go backwards, 125 was okay.
    Also i want that girl's arms. Holy moly. She was squatting 95kg for reps. Told her i was so jealous :D

Toe squat
    20 x5
    30 x5
    40 x3
    Squat
    50 x2
    55 3x3

Lat pd
    28 x5
    35 2x5

Msr
    28 2x10

Xtrainer 45min 6.5km

Had to have a sit down in the changing rooms for a while after that.

Single leg RDL
    20 x8
    Toe squat
    20 x5
    30 x5
    40 x3

Squat
    50 x2
    60 x2
    *belt*
    70 x1 Note: unless caffeine kicks in soon this is not going to be a max out day
    75 x1
    82.5 x1
    87.5 x1
    92.5 x1
    100 x1 (+5kg PR)
    OMG OMG I GUESS THE CAFFEINE KICKED IN LOL
    TRIPLE DIGIT SQUAT CLUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bench
    20 x8
    30 x5
    35 x3
    40 4x4

Bunch of other stuff I forgot to do.
    I was freaking out about the depth a bit because it's borderline imo but omg I squatted 100kg
    Long way from the days where I was banned from barbell squatting for 3 months when I first started training with Hanley because my mobility was so non existent.
    and now here we are.
    omg.

• Advertisement

Hard to tell how close it is because plates get in the way but the key thing is nothing changes between the 'warm up' and the hunnit.

So whether it's in or not in that is kind of a moot point right now. There's nothing about the rep that suggests you can't do 100, and the rest, and be comfortably in.

Enjoy that feeling :)

Hanley said it's in so I'm counting it as in :D:D

Core work is gonna have to step up next cycle

I was having to see if I could export it to slow it down to see if it couldn't be given cos I'm so used to doing that with mine :)

If I couldn't say it wasn't in in real time, then it's in!

I can't get over it.
    So long i've been hoping and dreaming about 100kg and then I do it and i'm like ... that's it? it was that easy? lolllll
    I counted the plates twice afterwards hahahah

I can't get over it.
    So long i've been hoping and dreaming about 100kg and then I do it and i'm like ... that's it? it was that easy? lolllll
    I counted the plates twice afterwards hahahah

Can't believe you didn't load up the 20s. That's the best bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,486 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Unreal dude!! props!

Keep meaning to ask, how do you find squatting with the belt vs non-belt, much of a difference weight-wise etc?

Aw the belt makes a massive difference. I was skeptical for so long but everything is way easier with it. I need to do a lot of core work because it shouldn't be all of it, but I'd be bent double going past 80 without it. Lets me focus on leg strength.
    I usually put it on around 70 and it's way easier than 60 without

Oh thanks - that's v interesting! Must take the plunge some time myself - would you recommend the one you have? Where did ye get it? Thanks :)

• Advertisement

Definitely do! Got mine from strength shop
    STRENGTHSHOP 10MM LEVER BELT - IPF APPROVED
    Size
    S - 29" - 35"
    Buckle
    Standard chrome lever buckle

Advertisement