Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I come too

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,591 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Second that belt. It's the one I have.

Used to have a thin Velcro one I got on Sports Direct and while I thought it was grand, there was no comparison once I tried on a proper belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,486 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Great stuff - thanks guys! Saves me a lot of research time (= more time for squats :D)

Edit: Ah lads, they even come in colours - that's the really big decision :)

Just to add, I had the double prong one - as opposed to the lever belt - and the only reason I went to lever was because there was too much belt coming through the loop and it was catching on deadlifts to the point it became a bit annoying. I probably would just have cut it off but I got a voucher from old job for working there for so long and I had a lever belt purchased inside of 15 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

11 08
    Shoulder dislocates and scaps
    Bench
    20 x8
    30 x5
    35 x3
    40 x3
    47.5 x1
    52.5 x1
    57.5 xf
    50 x1
    50 x2

Video shows 52.5 grip was very narrow. Using the shorter bar, suspect that might be it...

Pause bench
    40 2x3

Dl cue:
    Chest up chest up chest up!!

Rdl
    20x8
    Dl conv
    60 x3
    70 x3
    80 3x3
    Chest was definitely up. Video looks good to me

Rows
    28 4x10
    Too light. Too lazy

Leg extensions
    12, 12, 12
    Man these are way easier
    Yiz can feck off with yizzer ab rollouts tho

bluewolf wrote: »
    Yiz can feck off with yizzer ab rollouts tho

Seconded.

:(

• Advertisement

Hey this is the thousandth post on this!! Awww

I'm getting two numbers. One has you at 1,013...well, no 1,014 now

So final belt Q (sorry :o)
    When I measure my waist normally (i.e. not braced) at the narrowest point it's 30" which is hopefully only going to go downwards (not upwards) from here :o
    so I am kind of between sizes - however do they mean you should measure around your waist when braced (which would be a big bigger) or when "normal"/relaxed to get your size? I googled to try and find a consensus but didn't really get anything conclusive.
    Can you make the bigger one fit a smaller size if needed by adding an extra hole? If so it might be better to error on the side of bigger - haven't a clue though!

XS is 24-30
    S is 29-35

Get the bigger one. You can add a notch.

Definitely the bigger one, mine is about 31 and when you have it on you have clothes on too like. Mine's on the loosest, i could probs bring it in a notch now it's broken in. Oh there's loads of notches btw yeah

• Advertisement

Great - thanks guys that's what I was thinking! Much appreciated :)

Let us know how you get on with it when it arrives!

13/08

RDL
    20 x8

DL
    60 x3
    75 x2
    90 x1
    100 x1
    110 3x2

The form work seems to be paying off already ... that was ALL in my hams and glutes. holy moly

Toe sq
    20 x5
    30 x5
    40 x3

Squat
    50 x2
    60 x1
    65 2x2

Block pulls
    20 x2
    40 x2
    60 x2
    70 2x3
    Most of that was trying to figure out how to adjust... the rack height was knee height on me so I stood on a 15 plate then a 15+5 plate.
    Double overhand all the way to practise grip

Skulls
    6 5x10
    MSR
    28 5x10

Time taken 1hr10

Xtrainer
    26 mins / 4km

Too ded to go on.

Stocked up on the musclefood meals for the week.
    Burger and chips now. yuss

Everything hurts and I'm dying
    I had to take ibuprofen as soon as I got out of bed this morning lol. my poor arms & back

SL RDL
    20 x8
    Toe Squat
    20 x5
    30 x5
    40 x3
    Squat
    50 x2
    60 x1
    70 x1
    *belt*
    75 x1
    80 3x1

Easy peasy!!!!!
    instruction was max 80%
    Handy thing about 100kg = 1rm ... no calculating. hahaha
    Hopefully it won't be 1rm for long tho cos final testing this weekend as this is the end of peaking cycle

Bench
    20 x8
    30 x5
    35 x3
    40 x2
    45 x1
    50 x2

instruction was rpe 9 ... maybe not rpe 9 but not too far off.

26 mins in total. Didn't bother taking any breaks, everything was just easy. Except the bench. but whatevs. Also I skipped deadlifts
    I was rushing because I was told that the supervalu near my gym has my musclefood pizzas & ready meals but they close at 10 soooo I hoofed it over.
    got a few pizzas, got the new lemon fulfil bar out of curiosity, and another ready meal. Awwwww yissssss. Gonna try the meat feast one tomorrow maybe.
    I was seriously hoping they might have the gf protein garlic bread but no joy
    Still! pizzas!
    I think the caffeine tablet had a delayed kick in, I'm buzzin

26 mins :eek: Probably counts as a metcon :D

Jaysus, I wouldn't even be through my first set!

There is just no time for hanging about when pizza is on the line ... gluten free high protein tasty pizzas

Forgot to log last night. Found out my holidays i booked off for next week are actually the week after. I will maintain until the end of my days that it was his fault and not mine. Haha

17 08
    Bench
    20 x8
    30 x5
    40 x3
    45 x1
    50 x1
    52.5 x1

Rdl
    20x8
    Dls
    60 x3
    75 x1
    2x1 65% = 85

Skulls&flyes superset
    5 3x10

Cos crying with 3 days of skulls doms wasn't enough last time
    Hopefully testing on Saturday

19 08

Sl rdl
    20 x8
    Toe sq
    20 x5
    30 x5
    40 x3

Squat
    50 x2
    60 x1
    70 x1
    *belt*
    80 x1
    87.5 x1 awful
    92.5 x1
    Ibuprofen break
    100 x1
    105x1 +5kg PR

I didn't even think I'd make 100kg today nevermind a pr. Exhausted in general. I mentioned a while ago i had a muscle twisting or pulling in my middle back. Physio said it was fine but it was back with a vengeance today. Himself all but called me stupid. "you're clearly in pain, you need drugs, and you think it's a good idea to lift more than you ever have before?"
    Yes. Yes i do. :p

The depth on the 100kg was definitely a lot better than the first time i did it.

So that's +12.5kg to my squat since the comp on the 28th may. It's been a good cycle and i guess the hard work has paid off. Gonna reintroduce deadlifts for the next cycle.

Bench
    20 x8
    30 x5
    40 x3
    45 x1
    50 x1
    55 xf
    Couldn't tighten with the back pain and gave up

Taking it easy next week, back to cardio. Ideally it would have been holiday week because i cant work out when there but sure.
    Cake time o/

Himself all but called me stupid. "you're clearly in pain, you need drugs, and you think it's a good idea to lift more than you ever have before?"
    Yes. Yes i do. :p

And then you went home and said "Yo! PR!"

Ah here, them PRs are going up every time you even look at a bar! There'll be PED rumours if this keeps up :D:D

There'll be PED rumours if this keeps up :D:D

"Ibuprofen break"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,548 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Ah here, them PRs are going up every time you even look at a bar! There'll be PED rumours if this keeps up :D:D

You may be on to something...

Bluey, taken any lemsip cold and flu recently?

Haha. I couldn't get over it when I found that out

Oh man this humidity is something else. Couldn't even eat lunch, too warm.

Okay so I was gonna do a deload this week but the others are getting straight into it per the program so I decided to start my program too since I'm not ded

Sl RDL
    20 x8
    Toe squat
    20 x5
    30 x5
    40 x3
    Squat
    50 x2
    60 6x5

Note: only 6 sets. whatever. i'll do 7 next time.
    Interesting side note!!
    https://www.strongerbyscience.com/should-you-wear-a-belt-or-not-study-write-up/
    I'm totally bringing my belt from next week.

Bench
    20 x8
    30 x5
    37.5 6x6

-ss assisted dips-
    2x7
    Gave up on that one pretty quick

Skulls & Flyes
    6 4x10

Xtrainer 30 mins / 4.5 km

I read that G-Nux study before. I think there was a 'best of strengtheory' thing out that was a compilation of his greatest hits. Was a great read.

I do like to take a break from belting up though. Just to re-focus on bracing properly I suppose.

I was diligently sticking to the "not below 75/80%" "rule" but of course doing 1 rep at those and doing lots and lots of reps at a lower weight ... can be comparable. I was worried about not using core for it but core accessory work is one of my top priorities for this cycle anyway and since the studies said there was no decrease in it I think I'm gonna give it a go and see.

Core work for strengthening your core, innit. Doesn't have to be rolled into squat training

I was diligently sticking to the "not below 75/80%" "rule" but of course doing 1 rep at those and doing lots and lots of reps at a lower weight ... can be comparable. I was worried about not using core for it but core accessory work is one of my top priorities for this cycle anyway and since the studies said there was no decrease in it I think I'm gonna give it a go and see.

Wear it on the cross trainer for the LOLs (you will probably end up in the Annoying Gym behaviour thread a few days later :D:D)

SL RDL
    20 x8
    Toe squat, LB
    20 x5
    30 x5
    40 x3
    HB squat
    55 3x9

Brought the belt but the shame of using a belt on 55. So I only used it on the last set. holy moly that was awesome. It did make me brace more than I was doing otherwise. I'm totally bringing it again for future sets
    Supposed to be 4 sets but that's too much cardio for me

Bench
    20 x8
    30 x3
    35 x2
    40 7x5

3s pause bench
    30 3x5

RDL
    20 x8
    Pause from ground DL
    60 3x5
    double overhand on first 2, then switched back to mixed

MSR
    28 5x10
    Lat PD
    28 5x10

Time taken 77 mins. Lots of rests in bench

My log for today is full of whingeing about how everything hurts and I'm dying.

Oh yeah, I went to sleep lady yesterday. Agreed it sounds like I have apnea, my jaw structure and tonsils combined are fcuking me over. Sleep study scheduled for October. May have to get tonsils out pending study results.
    Not before revfit open tho
    Also she said I should try wean myself off caffeine tablets when gymming because even though I've no trouble falling asleep they probably impact the quality of sleep
    hmph

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

SL RDL
    20 x8
    Toe squat, LB
    20 x5
    30 x5
    40 x3
    HB squat
    55 3x9

Brought the belt but the shame of using a belt on 55. So I only used it on the last set. holy moly that was awesome. It did make me brace more than I was doing otherwise. I'm totally bringing it again for future sets
    Supposed to be 4 sets but that's too much cardio for me

Bench
    20 x8
    30 x3
    35 x2
    40 7x5

3s pause bench
    30 3x5

RDL
    20 x8
    Pause from ground DL
    60 3x5
    double overhand on first 2, then switched back to mixed

MSR
    28 5x10
    Lat PD
    28 5x10

Time taken 77 mins. Lots of rests in bench

My log for today is full of whingeing about how everything hurts and I'm dying.

Oh yeah, I went to sleep lady yesterday. Agreed it sounds like I have apnea, my jaw structure and tonsils combined are fcuking me over. Sleep study scheduled for October. May have to get tonsils out pending study results.
    Not before revfit open tho
    Also she said I should try wean myself off caffeine tablets when gymming because even though I've no trouble falling asleep they probably impact the quality of sleep
    hmph

I find drinking a lot of coffee greatly effects the quality of my sleep. So much so, that I've stopped drinking it after 5pm. I could easily have 7-8 big mugs from 5.30am to 5 pm

• Advertisement

Second that, LOVE my coffee (for the taste more than the caffeine - 3-4 mugs a day) but strict rule of last cup at 3:30pm or else it disrupts how deeply I sleep if I drink it later.

Advertisement