Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I come too

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

"why am i such a weak-ass bitch today"
    *wakes up from nap with sore throat and swimmy head*
    "phew"

Revfit open today Nov 2017

What a day...
    Well, I stayed sick, didn't train this week, decided I would just show up and pull out pending warmups if I had to
    Openers: the guys decided on 90-55-110 last week but I stubbornly called 92.5-55-115, with a self-promise I would drop them before the 3min time limit if warmups went badly.

Squat
    I was simultaneously terrified and also on a completely different planet for the entire time. So it all went by in a haze

92.5 x1 - think it went ok? everyone said it looked easy. I said i hadn't a clue and was freaking out. hanley said let's call 97.5. I said no, 100. are you sure you can do 100. yes, my legs will always get me back up. we called 100
    100 x1 - remembered my upper back and i have no idea what my hips did but it was a smooth enough lift. happy

105 x1 - completely forgot about my back, got bent right over by the bar, finished it good-morning style. still got 3 white lights.

TRIPLE DIGIT COMPETITION SQUAT MILESTONE!!!!!

+10kg competition PR; == previous gym PR

bench
    55 x1 - not quite as easy as i would have expected so went 57 instead of 60
    57.5 x1 - total fight. there was growling. thankfully smolov jr has taught me how to fight and it was grand.
    60 xF - just wasn't there.

+5kg competition PR (keep having to remind myself i twice failed 55 at the end of may)

deadlift
    Deadlifts were actually the biggest shock of the day.
    By deadlift time I had mostly given up. Ready for a nap. Told everyone i would be doing well if i matched my previous max of 130kg. We know I haven't been training them, and what training i did do was really tiring my lower back, it wasn't working, bla bla bla. Also i overdosed on caffeine so my head my swimming and i was seeing white everywhere. so like. don't do that.

115 x1 - flew up
    122.5 x1 - also fine
    Debate here what to call for last attempt. The guys said 130. I got a notion into my head i wanted 132.5 as a token PR. Are you willing to risk missing it? it's a 10kg jump? you'd get 130 but maybe not 132.5?? yes, i don't give a sh!t anymore, let's just do it. cool.
    132.5 x1 - it flew up. what the actual fcuk. i have no right to a deadlift PR hahaha

all of our faces: :eek:

+2.5 competition + overall PR.

total was 295. not 300 but jaysus it's close. it's +20 since the end of may.

Next up i need to work on my squat form for my upper back, we think it's positioning. maybe some MSRs will help. will continue grinding bench. Will go back to training deadlifts. one woman there lifted 180kg like. insane.

What an amazing day. major props to every single person there who got me through the day. the pep talks and spotting and loading and judging and the fist bumps and the encouragement and helping me in the warm up room and so on.
    I love competitions <3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,486 ✭✭✭caviardreams

All the PRs bluey :eek::eek: Gratz dude!

thanks!!
    I opted in for the pro vids & photos so will have them up when i get em

• Registered Users Posts: 24,591 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

All things considered, that's a great day!

Bualadh bos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

You did great!

What was the story with the media packages?

allym wrote: »
    You did great!

What was the story with the media packages?

How'd you mean? i don't really know, i paid hanley as he arranged it for revfit and i think i'll get a link to the files at some point

bluewolf wrote: »
    How'd you mean? i don't really know, i paid hanley as he arranged it for revfit and i think i'll get a link to the files at some point

Ah ok! I was just really wondering how much it was/what you get.

Makes sense for Hanley to do it as a package!

Ah ok! I was just really wondering how much it was/what you get.

Makes sense for Hanley to do it as a package!

i just copped your username ... did i officially meet you today??

The No Lift Powerlifting lads have brought in @itsyourgrace to do the videos and photos for meets. Think they were doing the packages

• Advertisement

i just copped your username ... did i officially meet you today??

Haha yes!

Haha yes!

oh my god :D:D that's brilliant

Haha yes!

Is bluewolf a blue wolf??????

Apologies in advance for my half asleep shouting in your videos when you get them :pac:

Is bluewolf a blue wolf??????

I can confirm

73 min basketball, 553 cals

73 min basketball, 553 cals

You're sure it wasn't 72.7 mins?

You're sure it wasn't 72.7 mins?

I don't get it

I don't get it

It's just very precise - 73 mins.

Anyhoo, do you ever look back at the start of your log and get to appreciate how far you've come?

It's just very precise - 73 mins.

Anyhoo, do you ever look back at the start of your log and get to appreciate how far you've come?
    Oh haha. Yeah I just read it off my fitbit report.

Yeah I was actually looking at it yesterday and remembering yet again that time when I wasn't allowed to barbell squat :D 3.5~ years from zero to 105kg. And 40kg deadlift to 137.5. Excited to get back to it again now, probably Sunday. Lots of lunges. And tempo squats 🙄

• Advertisement

I like the theory of the high volume stuff and I'd like a good spell of building now...but I'll never forget that first night back after the January comp (hadn't enough time after the 2 subsequent comps to do too much high volume stuff).

Beltless, sleeveless squats with a 3s eccentric as far as @8. Which was awful. I remember thinking it was what those last few moments before death must feel like. And that was after set 2 of 5...

Haha I was just thinking after I posted that, that I talk a big talk, but I'll probably do it once and start crying and never do it again.
    I was thinking about tempo squats because I think it'll be the best way to force me to remember form on the way down as well as up, and drill it into me.
    I'm kinda trying to cut a bit as well so a lot of volume and accessory will be good for helping that.
    Ughhh

Haha I was just thinking after I posted that, that I talk a big talk, but I'll probably do it once and start crying and never do it again.
    I was thinking about tempo squats because I think it'll be the best way to force me to remember form on the way down as well as up, and drill it into me.
    I'm kinda trying to cut a bit as well so a lot of volume and accessory will be good for helping that.
    Ughhh

After the first couple of sessions, where you would rather a go off waterboarding than training, it's not so bad. I have to always try remind myself of that.

Yeah even working hard to edge up the weight then, I found it hard to not lose weight.

It's easy to lose 3kg or so in like a week or two... when i'm not training :rolleyes: it's like the muscles are dying to disappear or something. I suppose they are

Forward lunges
    20 x10
    30 3x8

jelly legs

Paused Bench
    20 x8
    30 x5
    35 4x5

Skulls - Flyes - OHP superset
    6kg 4x8

"jesus h christ my arms" is the note i left here. my left arm kept trying to give up on the ohp well before the right

Treadmill
    30 mins incline 3 speed 5 - brisk walk

Meal prep 10 meals now done, chicken dishes and burgers

Like the look of that superset, tee bee eff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,486 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Like the look of that superset, tee bee eff.

Doing something similar myself - been throwing in a DB OHP, Skulls & Curlz (first time ever doing them :eek:) superset myself lately. Unleashing my inner bro.

OHP still sucks :mad:

Have a go off the Joe DeFranco Cuban Press with a 4/5s eccentric and some light DBs to feel your shoulders light up like a box of tinder

Have a go off the Joe DeFranco Cuban Press with a 4/5s eccentric and some light DBs to feel your shoulders light up like a box of tinder

This??
    that is sick :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ-jtK0prxs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

God no. That one above is easy. Try this one on for size
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EMwA266_Nx4

Advertisement