Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I come too

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Both though i stopped i think he kept it up
    Jm press

• Registered Users Posts: 24,591 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Was it yourself or Nicolas cage that was doing those half skull crusher/bench type excersises. I was mistakenly calling them j curls so I can’t find anything on them

Jefferson curls are for yizzer spine and supporting muscles etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Jefferson curls are for yizzer spine and supporting muscles etc.

Ha so I discovered when I went googling. Jm Press is the one I’m after

Personally, I'd prefer doing close grio bench and skullcrushers rather than the JM press.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Personally, I'd prefer doing close grio bench and skullcrushers rather than the JM press.

The movement I saw this guy doing wasn’t exactly the jm Press. He’d lower the bar like a skullcrusher, then quickly move the bar to the chest and press. Maybe he was just doing the jm Press wrong

• Advertisement

bench
    20 x8
    30 x5
    35 x3
    40 x2
    45 x1
    52.5 8x3
    50 x3

supposed to be 52.5 10x3, very tough
    i cannae do it captain
    this was my week 3 last time i ran this - this is week 2 now. hopefully a good sign

rdl
    20 x8
    sumo
    70 x2
    90 x1
    100 x1
    110 x1
    120 x1

had written 120 3x1 but too much effort at that stage.
    i put up the 100, 110, 120. took a while setting up. i guess cause sumo is more like squat i was concerned about hip
    back got a bit roundy on the 120.
    i foam rolled last night after gym and again this morning and i will again tomorrow

Bench
    20 x8
    30 x5
    35 x3
    40 x2
    47.5 6x6

sumo, paused from ground
    75 3x5

remember to bring belt next time

skulls
    7 x12
    8 2x8

7 was too light

pec machine
    21 3x12

Surprise surprise the foam rolling and stretching is helping

My shoulders are very angry

i think i fcuked up my right shoulder. arghhhhhhhhhh

after much ibruprofen & resting

bench
    20 x8
    30 x5
    35 x3
    40 x2
    45 x1
    52.5 8x4

surprised that they were grand - bit of a struggle on the final rep of each set but grand. this whole cycle has been a big struggle so nice to know it's going somewhere. slight niggle in shoulder area and clicked a bit.

sl rdl
    20 x8
    toe squat
    20 x5
    30 x5
    40 x3
    squat
    50 x2
    belt
    60 5x4

I nearly left it at 50 then remember i'd benched more than that already and that would be embarrassing so brought it up to 60. light weight and moved slowly. hip stretches between sets

forgot to do cardio
    shoulder is a bit at me now but i think i'll do my last day 4 tomorrow then rest it

aw, high gravity day
    left myself a note on today's log saying 'this is what happens when you don't rest between smjr'
    true

bench
    20 x8
    30 x5
    35 x3
    40 x2
    45 x2
    50 x1
    57.5 x2
    50 6x3

nahhh

rdl
    20 x8
    sumo
    60 x3
    80 x2
    90 x1
    100 x1
    110 x1
    117.5 x1
    125 x1

i'm still not sitting back enough or something. maybe my hips are going too high when i start. i'll sort it with some more paused ones next week.
    i remember when we were training it the correct setup was me nearly falling over. i'll try this too:
    4 – Get Your Body Behind the Bar
    Once you figure out your hip position, it's important to start to leverage yourself behind the weight. The more of your body weight that's forward of the bar, the harder it'll be to lock out. If your head and chest are in front of the bar at the start, it's going to be very hard to finish the lift. A good way to help position your bodyweight behind the bar is to pull yourself down into the bar before the lift, and then pull the bar into your body. This helps keep tension on the lats and helps prevent the upper back from collapsing and the hips from shooting up.
    https://www.t-nation.com/training/6-tips-to-master-the-sumo-deadlift

i remembered cardio today
    23min xtrainer

• Advertisement

today's workout is called 'i have literally no idea what i was thinking'

what's a great idea to do 2 days after 92% dls? heavy squats obvz

toe squat
    20 x3
    30 x2
    40 x2

squat
    50 x1
    60 x1
    belt
    70 x1
    80 x1
    87.5 x1
    95 x1
    i knew i should stop here. i did not.
    had a flash of 'no, this is too heavy, i can't do this anymore'.

102.5 x unrack, walk the bar out, psych myself out, re-rack
    i knew i should stop here. i did not.

102.5 x psych myself out, fail the lift, dump the bar

a nice fellow came over to offer to help unload after i dumped the bar on the safeties. didn't make a big deal or anything of it, god bless him. i was too mortified too accept. thankfully i can fail safely enough anyway.
    90 felt so easy last week or whenver it was, i guess i was just going off that and not the fact i did 92% deadlifts 2 days ago

squat
    40 x5

to get back on the horse

sumo
    70 3x3

did the glass wall setup. felt better.

i need to do a lot of foam rolling

on a POSITIVE note guys:
    - im finished in work for a couple weeks now which means the next few days at least will be reading and relaxing and sleeping in - will be able to attack sumos on saturday. more sensibly.
    - i officially joined revfit online today. same coaches but proper distance training. i am soooooooooooooooooo excited!!!

Oh my god i am so frustrated.
    I went in all psyched up to do heavy deadlifts. Bar is weird and I'm losing grip when i lift but i think it's me being a dumbass and leaving slack or whatever. Can't even get 125 off the ground. 125?? Finally give up and unload the bar.
    Then it occurs to me to check the bar itself. IT WAS LOOSE AND ROLLY. OHMY GOD I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THAT WAS A THING
    I hadn't a hope of lifting it from the start.
    Too tired to go back after i realised so i left it at that.
    Benched up to a 62.5 angry roll of shame. Roll of anger.
    I might be starting a new program next week but if I'm not......

Hi everybody! I hope we all had a great xmas!

I went back today remembering last week. I've eaten very well until xmas day and yesterday (ALL the banoffee) so i wasn't top of my game. I tried all the barbells that weren't in use. They were all loose to varying degrees.?? I would love to know which one i was using when i accidentally maxed out.
    Anyway i said you know what i did very well for 2017 so let's pick the least crap barbell, go semi heavy, and work on form.

27 12

Rdl
    20 x8
    Sumo
    70 x2
    90 x1
    100 x1
    110 x1
    117.5 x1

Everything came together really well today. I was sitting back enough, my upper back was locked tight, it was great. Felt it kicking my hip flexors as well.
    I set up slightly away from the bar, found my hand grip, then sat back and pulled the bar to me.

Bench
    20 x8
    30 x5
    40 x2
    45 x1
    50 2x5

Xtrainer 10min
    Because i have otherwise been sitting on the couch playing sims4

2017 has been great.
    I started the year with a squat 1rm of 82.5kg (albeit from june 2016 i think) and a bench of 47.5. Deadlift was 120.
    I decided to focus on squat and bench this year because they felt so far behind so as we all know i basically ignored deadlifts especially in H1.
    I am now finishing with 105kg, 60kg, and 135kg sumo.
    That's +50kg to my overall total this year if you count gym PRs.
    Wowee :D as well as the hard work i think a fair bit was adding in the aul belt for the first time.
    Let's see what actually following programming will bring in 2018 :D

Gonna mess around maybe with cleans or something later this week and just have some fun. I suspect volume will be the order of the day when we get started so that should be the last heavy for a while. Maybe

I have to go into full site to read this.

Did not post a full stop.

Not singling out anyone, Dtp79, just in case you're wondering.

Also, great progress this year!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,486 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Those are some serious numbers in terms of the % increases bluey. Especially for a girl :D:D
    Just think what you could do with 2 belts!

I have never come across the loose bar thingy - how does it feel loose? I am so paranoid now when I look at a bar, I am thinking "hmmmm what if this is a loose rolly bar" but not sure what that even means! :o

Happy lifting in 2018 :pac:

There was moving when i held the bar and the weights had room to whip up and down a bit even though they're fitted properly onto the end bits. Like if the bar was unloaded the end bits would have been able to rattle if i shook them. It meant when i lifted the middle bit the ends didn't instantly come with it so i was kinda having to lift twice??

I went whingeing to Hanley about it who said "Put empty bar on floor. Put foot on center of bar and spin. Watch for wobbles." if that's any help

At this stage i dont know if they're always a tiny bit loose and that's how they're supposed to be and this one was just super fecked

Basically, the sleeves are wizard's sleeves, to borrow a crude analogy.

Haven't lifted with one but I'd have thought pulling the slack out of the bar would have mitigated the problem. For deadlifts anyway.

Yeah that's what i initially thought that i wasn't doing that, but it still had sideways whip or something

bluewolf wrote: »
    Yeah that's what i initially thought that i wasn't doing that, but it still had sideways whip or something

If it's loose on the bar it might not be fully on. Are there more bars than not that are that bad?

• Advertisement

Yeah the other ones i shook a bit weren't remotely that bad, loose but not that bad

Yeah the other ones i shook a bit weren't remotely that bad, loose but not that bad

Thats something. At least you dont have to move gym :D

new year, new program, new murder attempt by hanley & luke
    ah no seriously it's super exciting and i'm doing different things!!

HB squat
    20 x8
    50 2x6
    40 x12
    supposed to be 2x12 but i wussed out. i probably could have done 12 fine. i can't remember the last time i even did a hb squat

front squat -superset- incline db bench
    FS 30 2x10
    B 9kg 12 + 9
    choice was fs or leg press and i wanted to try leg press but the gym renovations are back in force, the new floor is being laid so all squat racks except the one in the other room were taken and i didn't want to lose it after i grabbed it and also i didn't know where the leg press was gone to.
    FS reps to be (amrap-3)

good morning -superset- db incline bench curls
    GM bar 3x12
    C 6kg 3x10

I was super duper strict on curl form so i wouldn't be one of those people turning it into a whole upper body exercise and 6kg was definitely my limit towards the end of each set.
    Was given the cue on the GMs to move from the hips not the back and i think that must be the first time i've ever actually done them properly. oh man serious burn just from the bar.

jelly legs!!!
    nice and quick at 30 mins tho!

10mins xtrainer at end

Stop wussing out!! :)

High bar is tough. I avoided it cos I sucked at it but a few weeks in I got better at it and it stood to my squat

wide grip bench
    20 x8
    30 x5
    35 5x10

cgbp
    35 3x(amrap-3) == 9
    -superset-
    db row
    6kg 3x12

ffe split squat
    9kg 1x10 + 2x8
    -superset-
    reaching situp
    3x10

i started off the ffe ss more like a lunge because i havent done it before but then i got the hang of it and holy moly it's hard. 9 was too heavy i'll get lighter dumbbells next time

reaching situps were soooo weird. i used a bench thing we have in the gym but the feet supports are at knee height and i can't find a picture on google at all but it's basically like this but on a bench and with a little 'wall' for supporting the back of your legs or something
    https://i.ytimg.com/vi/wDOt3xJ9KuM/maxresdefault.jpg
    it's very undignified altogether flailing around getting on and off it
    i couldn't do them with a dumbbell at all... tried once
    i was glad the gym was empty but then a guy set up on a funny bike right beside me ahhh lol

lat pd
    28 2x10

Ffe split squat???

Also, your log disappears into the ether on the touch site. Except I haven't resorted to posting dots *cough*Dtp1979*cough*

I always use m.boards i dont like the touch site at all!
    Front foot elevated. Used a couple of plates.
    I was watching a vid about it and it's apparently good if you're slightly awkward on mobility. Maybe it's because i was saying to them i love lunges but they kill my hips

I always use m.boards i dont like the touch site at all!
    Front foot elevated. Used a couple of plates.
    I was watching a vid about it and it's apparently good if you're slightly awkward on mobility. Maybe it's because i was saying to them i love lunges but they kill my hips

Yeah I did see a chap on instagram (jacob harden, I think) big them up as a way of building up some hip mobilityz.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,486 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Ooooh you are doing all these fancy things now. Just give it a few months and you will be switching from powerlifting to bodybuilding and going full-time professional on insta :P

FFE split squats :eek: I know how bad RFE split squats are so can only imagine these.... very interested to see how you find them, might switch them in!

• Advertisement

Ooooh you are doing all these fancy things now. Just give it a few months and you will be switching from powerlifting to bodybuilding and going full-time professional on insta :P

Powerbuilding, innit

Advertisement