Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I come too

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

06 04

Bench
    20 x8
    30 x5
    35 x1
    40 6x6
    Easy

Floor Press
    20 x5
    35 4x8
    Racks were in use so hip thrust again
    Ss
    DB Row
    9 4x8 e/s

rdl
    20 x8
    Pause Deadlift
    60 x3
    75 5x4
    Did 4x5 because i am good at numbers

forgot belt but was grand

Barbell Row
    20 5x 6
    Easy but im not used to em so stay light. But then gym goals girl was doing them later with 40kg so i better up my game haha

Xtrainer 40 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 24,591 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

How do you find the actual floor pressing itself?

With the bar, I was never sure if bar path was the same as it would be on a bench...always just doubted and felt like it was off even if it wasn't.

The hip thrust to get it into place was actually impressive! Had never seen that done!

Coach said my bar was going a bit forward of my elbows last time so i brought it back to hopefully a straight line. It's grand, hits the triceps a bit. Had to put legs flat also but I'm not sure it made a difference

• Registered Users Posts: 5,486 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I am amazed Bret Contreras hasn't patented the hip thrust floor press as an exercise yet. Get in there quick :)

I think it's too late, he knows
    :pac:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw48pWMs76o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

That looks interesting. I'm gonna give it a try next time (Monday is the Chest day, isn't it?).

Crazy hours crazy stress finally made it back to gym tonight.
    Decided to go off program just for a mental break. Also because i am bone weary

13 04

Bench
    20 x8
    30 x5
    35 x3
    40 x2
    45 x1
    50 x1
    55 x1
    50 2x2

1 set = Clean pull shrugs x3 + clean x2:
    30 5x1

Lat pd
    35 2x5

Msr
    28 2x8
    Treadmill 20min walk

Testing your bench 1RM? It's always fun (and dangerous). I had to google MSR... Mountain Safety Research, interesting.

Nah my 1rm is 60 touch and go. 57.5 in comp. I just like working up to heavy singles sometimes. The 55 was a bit wobblier than i would have liked. Tho watching it back it looks easy :rolleyes:

Haha, machine seated row

RDL
    20 x8
    Deadlift
    60 x3
    80 x2
    110 3x4 + 3 + 4
    supposed to be 5x4
    close enough. also supposed to be like 105 but easier to just slap on the 15s
    didn't do the new setup and my back was fine. finally remembered to message coach today about it and ask what's the story. will have to record next time

box squats
    20 x5
    37.5 x 6,6,7,5
    totally useless at these today.
    coach comments the last while have basically been:
    stop leaning forward
    stop leaning forward

I caught myself doing it this time and realised leaning forward on the way back up makes it way easier. i think it stops engaging the muscles properly

Block pulls
    65 3x10 + 8

zzzzzzzzzzz

no time for cgbp, ran out

• Advertisement

20 04

Bench
    20 x8
    30 x2
    35 5x10

Floor press
    20 x5
    32.5 5x12
    I even used a rack

Db row
    10 5x6 but i only did 3 sets
    Ss
    Rdl
    20 x8
    Paused dl
    67.5 5x6 again only 3

Got to the gym late and i was sooo hangry.
    1 exam down 1 to go.
    Coach reduced weight this week a bit, what a star

You could probably stop doing every exam ever now.

The one this week went very well so i am hopeful. This exam session has gone so much better without the constant brain fog and naps. So hopefully the rate will increase!

Have a caveat at the top of the paper that you're not confident in the circuitry of the calculator so there may be some incorrect numbers because of it. That way they'll know any numerical issues are down to that.

You may joke but there is a pre approved list of calculators! Wrong calculator = 0 mark

bluewolf wrote: »
    You may joke but there is a pre approved list of calculators! Wrong calculator = 0 mark

What if you were like the eponymous hero in the book Matilda and you didn't use a calculator at all?

Full marks, surely?!?!

today was up there with one of the most useless days ever.
    no study, gym might as well have stayed home sure

sl rdl
    20 x8
    squat
    20 x5
    40 x3
    50 x2
    57.5 x1
    program : 67.5 6x8
    reality: 67.5 x 6,4,6
    60 x 6,4,4

hb pause squat
    program: 50+ 5x10
    reality: 40 x 8,6,6

assisted dips

the weight on the squats was fine, even light, just had 0 endurance.
    the bar could have been empty and i wouldnt have been able for 8-10 reps of anything.
    sure look.

tomorrow week i'll be in monart o/

rdl
    20 x8
    deadlift
    60 x3
    90 x1
    100 x1
    115kg x 4,4,3,4,1

realised afterwards that was a rep PR since i never did more than 1 rep of 115 before. i had wanted to record some of it but the place was packed and i couldn't really shove people out of the way to whip out the phone.
    someone was asking me for advice on using chalk in the middle of all that. USE CHALK!

box squat
    preceded by:
    moving the stupid bench across the stupid gym
    i think i kicked the bench at one stage. it was so heavy.

anyway box squat:
    20 x3
    40 4x8

i had to really stop and think about getting up to stop leaning forward every time. the difference in difficulty is maaaaaassive. and not in the bleedin massive kind of way.

block pull
    70 2x8

program said 4x8 but i was getting short on time

cgbp
    20 x5
    30 x2
    40 4x8

didn't have my wrist wraps as they're in the wash and it felt so weird...

good day all round.
    i was this close to buying a cake on the way home
    i got hot cross buns though

I think it's time for me to get some CHALK too, and leather lifting belt ;)

j@utis wrote: »
    I think it's time for me to get some CHALK too, and leather lifting belt ;)

Do you not use chalk or a belt already??

• Advertisement

no chalk yet, and my belt is neoprene with velcro strap (very serious, I know) :D

Jaysus you'll fly up your pr once you add those

What belt do you have? I tried one of those thick ones 4" wide and I didn't like it - it was digging into my ribs and hip bones, plus all that wrestling to put it on...

j@utis wrote: »
    What belt do you have? I tried one of those thick ones 4" wide and I didn't like it - it was digging into my ribs and hip bones, plus all that wrestling to put it on...

I found that at the start but once I broke it in I barely notice it now. Well, that and the fact there is a lot of insulation/padding around the ol' ab region redface.pngredface.png

I take mine off between sets though as it's not exactly amazingly comfy, but I notice a lot of people keep them on...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,548 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Depends how tight you have it too, along with where you put it. Both should be down to personal preference, but the belt should never be too tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I found that at the start but once I broke it in I barely notice it now. Well, that and the fact there is a lot of insulation/padding around the ol' ab region redface.pngredface.png

I take mine off between sets though as it's not exactly amazingly comfy, but I notice a lot of people keep them on...

I leave mine on as it’s a lever belt, so once the lift is done, open the lever and the belt is loose enough, comfortable, and secure enough not to fall around my ankles.
    They do hurt in the beginning but as said, it’s only a breaking in period that’s needed.

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    I leave mine on as it’s a lever belt, so once the lift is done, open the lever and the belt is loose enough, comfortable, and secure enough not to fall around my ankles.
    They do hurt in the beginning but as said, it’s only a breaking in period that’s needed.

Oh that makes sense - mine is a double prong, will end up upgrading soon to a lever I'm sure!

I think this is mine
    https://www.strengthshop.ie/belts/strengthshop-10mm-lever-belt.html
    takes some breaking in. easy to adjust to make it looser or tighter. make sure to get an apt size.

bluewolf wrote: »
    I think this is mine
    https://www.strengthshop.ie/belts/strengthshop-10mm-lever-belt.html
    takes some breaking in. easy to adjust to make it looser or tighter. make sure to get an apt size colour.

FYP :pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Leather ones can take some time to adjust to. I never found that Strengthshop belt to be uncomfortable.

That said, I had some bruising under it the first time I used it bit that was a surprise because I found it surprisingly comfortable.

I had used a Sportsdirect velcro belt until then

Advertisement