Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I come too

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I was very tired and didn't feel like lifting on sunday so i didn't
    fite me

26 06
    PEAKING PHASE STARTS

Squat
    program: 1x1 7 rpe
    1x1 8 rpe
    2x2 85-87%

20 x5
    40 x3
    50 x2
    65 x1
    80 x1 this flew up so fast i was laughing

87.5 x1 less fast. gr
    95 x1 :mad:

Okay this is gonna sound stupid but i had everything locked in perfectly for the 80, or it felt that way. elbows tight, back tight, knees out, solid.
    the upper back/elbow tightness wasn't there on the 95. i should have reracked and set up again properly instead of ploughing on.
    i mean it looks okay. i just know it could have been a lot better.

Bench
    4x3 85-87%

20 x8
    30 x5
    40 x3
    47.5 4x3

Generally remembered instructions to press lower down away from my collarbone, don't flare elbows, etc.
    didn't arch much today. grand

Deadlift
    3x2 80%

60 x3
    80 x2
    100 3x2

On a positive note, my new squat warm up system is working very well!
    possible openers day this weekend or next but i might be away this weekend. friend and i are doing a spa trip for 2 nights and hoping we'll get a cancellation for the 3rd night o/

28 06

Bench - Comp 1x1 8 RPE
    5x3 -7%

Bench
    20 x8
    30 x5
    40 x3
    45 x1
    52.5 x1
    50 5x3

Deadlift - Comp 3x3 70%

Deadlift
    60 x3
    80x2
    90 3x3

Chest Supported Row 3x12
    New machine
    32kg 3x12

Xtrainer 12 mins

BEACH TIME

no more beach and holidays and drinks time :(

seafield was awesome though. did lots of swimming in the sea. currents are mad altogether. if they were going out you wouldn't have a hope

didn't get much sleep between going to bed late and the amount of weddings and hens going on til all hours, and the room being super stuffy. it was a sun trap during the day which was glorious sitting on the balcony but less so at night!!
    no complaints all round though :D

deadlift
    1x1 @ 9 rpe

60 x3
    80 x2
    100 x1
    115 x1
    122.5 x1
    130 x1

maybe that was 9.5. i duno. could i have definitely done one more rep? yea probs

block pull
    4x3 @ 8 rpe
    today i decided rpe 8 was 60kg...

60 4x3

high bar squat
    no you're grand thanks

lat pulldown
    40 3x8

100% ded

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

130kg deadlift wowowow!

Squat
    20 x5
    40 x3
    50 x2
    65 x1
    80 x1
    90 x1
    100 x1
    100 x1 again because i didn't like the first one. i also decided to like not come back up out of the squat til i straightened my back . stupid back.
    depth was getting a bit borderline albeit in, i think.
    knees out more is probably the answer to everything.
    also i did like 2 mins total foam rolling so my hip was killing me and i was pure stiff.
    finally my coach gave me a cue on pulling the bar out on descent and in on ascent, for my back, which was great except at that weight i go into a blind panic and forget absolutely everything cues included. i need to sort it out cos my legs are like tree trunks and i am now convinced i can squat anything if i keep my back up

85kg : supposed to be 2x2
    did 1 rep

bench
    20 x8
    30 x5
    40 x3
    45 x1
    50 4x3 but i did 3 sets only

turned my fitbit off and prepared to walk away because deadlifts can bite me but
    deadlift
    60 x3
    80 x3
    100 x1
    115 x1 supposed to be 3x1 lol no bed time

On a positive note i couldn't even squat 100kg a year ago, never mind do it twice and do the second one super slow while i thought about my back. and all 2 days after pulling 130kg
    ha

• Advertisement

100kg squat! That's amazing! I've only seen one girl in our gym squatting around that number.
    When is your competition date? Also, do you have that DEXA scan booked in UCD and when?

I'm pretty much at the bottom of my weight class squat wise haha!
    Yeah sometime next month its in my calendar. I'm sure they'll be like srs high bf%

Comp is sunday week you are welcome to come along for a gawk

Where is it on? I have that DEXA scan booked too but not until mid September, gotta revise my diet :D

j@utis wrote: »
    Where is it on? I have that DEXA scan booked too but not until mid September, gotta revise my diet :D

Revfit in glasnevin

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I had a dexa booked in Portlaoise until she told me it didn’t calculate bf %??? It only did bone density. I thought they did both. Have to travel to the big smoke now it seems

• Advertisement

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    I had a dexa booked in Portlaoise until she told me it didn’t calculate bf %??? It only did bone density. I thought they did both. Have to travel to the big smoke now it seems

That's mad maybe they have a ripoff one! It goes on and on about fat in various parts of your body based on what I've seen. People on reddit post their scan results occasionally

bluewolf wrote: »
    That's mad maybe they have a ripoff one! It goes on and on about fat in various parts of your body based on what I've seen. People on reddit post their scan results occasionally

As far as I know DEXA machines were originally, and still mostly, used for bone density tests but can be used to calculate BF %. Maybe I have that arsways

Revfit training day
    Was hoping to do my day 2 on Thursday but i ate something dodgy and had to crawl home and lie in the foetal position for the night. I think they put a stock cube or something like that in the rice. Still not right

Anyway!
    Worked up to squat single 90kg. Easy.
    Bench single 57.5kg. Easy.
    We then tried the bench again but id nothing left in my arms so F.
    Deadlift 120kg.

We reckon openers will be 100kg/57.5kg/125kg.
    I would like to push the squat to 115kg for 3rd attempt but luke reckons while i am strong enough, my back tilt is too dodgy, so he thinks 110.
    Still, we're opening on 100,so if it's a good day that gives me room to plead my case for 100/107/115 🤗 and if its not a good day, that's okay too. The main thing is we'll aim to break 300 at last on the 2nd attempts

There was another girl training in the 63kg weight class... Lifting the same numbers as me. Benching more. I'm such a noob 🙈🙈🙈

When is the comp on? And more importantly, how the hell are you putting in those emojis?

Sunday week!
    Phone keyboard! 🤗🤗

When I try emojis they don’t work 😬😑😧😦🀮🀑😮😑🀀🀧ðŸ€ðŸ€ ðŸ€ ðŸ€ 

• Registered Users Posts: 5,486 ✭✭✭caviardreams

There was another girl training in the 63kg weight class... Lifting the same numbers as me. Benching more. I'm such a noob 🙈🙈🙈

Ah sure it's all genetics, wha? That's what I tell myself anyway :o

Ah yeah. Or she could have been training 10 years like

What os u use dtp? Am on android

Ah yeah. Or she could have been training 10 years like

What os u use dtp? Am on android

I’m on iPhone

Revfit in glasnevin
    sorry for one more silly question: do you have to buy tickets to get in as spectator, or you just walk in, or?
    It's getting exciting now with only week left to go!

• Advertisement

sorry for one more silly question: do you have to buy tickets to get in as spectator, or you just walk in, or?

Just walk in, follow the sound of the loud music! It's a total freeforall

• Registered Users Posts: 24,591 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

You should definitely go and sample the buzz.

Though watching is nothing like participating... :)

i slept for 12 hours on saturday
    i would manage another 12 right now. 100% exhausted.
    bit the bullet and renewed gym membership today as it was up.

i was very very close to just getting back into the car and driving home as i am soooooo tiiiiiiiiiired

ok moaning done

Squat
    20 x5
    40 x3
    50 x2
    65 x1
    80 2x2

supposed to be 3x2 but no thanks
    I had been keeping my head up and chin up and kinda looking up in the hopes it would help with my back but coach said i should keep my chin tucked in while looking up as that would force my shoulders and elbows down and then i wouldn't need to squeeze them so tight. so i did that today. except it was in front of the rack mirror so i got very confused

Bench
    20 x8
    30 x5
    40 x3
    45 x2
    50 x1
    55 x2
    50 3x3

coach said i am losing tightness as soon as i start the lift and not to let it bully me. you can see where i readjusted between reps ha.
    it's true tho, once i keep tight i can use leg drive more on the way back up. which i sure needed today

i don't know what to expect with bench on sunday tbh. coach is delighted with how things have been moving but im like you know my graph of weight i can bench vs effort is basically like a horizontal line followed by a vertical line. there is no in between

Deadlift
    lol no going home
    deadlifts can bite me

I think i'll probs just skip day 2 and focus on rest for the week now

Good luck with the comp bluey #300

i slept for 12 hours on saturday <...>
    12hrs sleep :eek: how do you do that?!?!? I want to sleep, I'm tired but I can't fall asleep, I'm up 2-3 times at night, it's driving me crazy!!!

I used to wake up a lot before i got my machine. Now i sleep through
    I've always been head hits the pillow = sleep though...

Are you stressed about anything

I always wake up once or twice to go to the toilet tbh - really annoys me. Would love to get 7 or 8 hours straight through. Not sure if it is from drinking more or just getting older :o

I always wake up once or twice to go to the toilet tbh - really annoys me. Would love to get 7 or 8 hours straight through. Not sure if it is from drinking more or just getting older :o

Symptom of apnea :D
    That's what i used to get

Are you folks drinking a pint of coffee before bed by any chance?

• Advertisement

Symptom of apnea :D
    That's what i used to get

Ah stop trying to bring me down with you LOL, there's nothing wrong except an aging bladder I tell ye. :D

I do drink a lot throughout the day and also the evening - when I get home round 7 I would probably drink a good 1.5l of liquids (no coffee after 3pm though!) throughout the rest of the evening, so I guess it has to come out somehow! :o

Are you seriously telling me most people make it through the night without needing to go at all?

Advertisement