Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I come too

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Pilates.
    i was the only one there. no slacking off in the corner.
    Had to explain i havent done it in years and he said it was more of an intermediate target but we could cut sets short or whatever.
    we did not cut sets short because i am awesome

except at planking at the very end where i flopped. he was a bit :confused::confused: 'you do leg lifts better than me why cant you plank????'
    dno

the main thing today was focusing on keeping the 'imprinted spine'... i arch a bit doing core work which is BAD

One day i'll be able to do an ab wheel like you guys

• Registered Users Posts: 5,486 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Enjoy the ab DOMS tomorrow :pac::P

I only ever did a pilates class once - I still remember the next day when my abs were in bits whenever I had to do stuff like push open a heavy door

I totally should do more (i.e. some/any!) ab work, I just find it so boring, and the fact I am never going to have low enough body fat for a 6 pack makes it seem like too much effort!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,591 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Enjoy the ab DOMS tomorrow :pac::P

I only ever did a pilates class once - I still remember the next day when my abs were in bits whenever I had to do stuff like push open a heavy door

I totally should do more (i.e. some/any!) ab work, I just find it so boring, and the fact I am never going to have low enough body fat for a 6 pack makes it seem like too much effort!

Having visible and is the least relevant part of a strong core. Absolutely helps the big 3

Having visible and is the least relevant part of a strong core. Absolutely helps the big 3

Oh I totally know that - it was a joke, should have added a :P

I will just look for any excuse not to do abs tbh... Even prefer wrist curls and that's saying sth :D

Squat
    20 x5
    40 x3
    55 x2
    70 x1
    80 x1
    90 x1

97.5 x1 easy
    supposed to be rpe 6... i'd call it that or close

85 4x4 also easy??

Bench
    20 x8
    30 x5
    35 x3
    40 x2
    47.5 x1

52.5 x1
    50 5x4 harder. trying to do more of a pause

Bench - DB flat
    17.5 4x6
    it was supposed to be 3x6 but i always forget what i'm doing on these

MSR
    23 3x10

literally got the msr done as the gym was closing so no time for cardio. thankfully soccer is on tomorrow.
    got new asics today, they're soooo bouncyyyy. i always forget!

• Advertisement

bluewolf wrote: »
    85 4x4 also easy??

I'm Ron Burgundy?

Also, I love Asics. For running, found them so comfortable on my joints.

Yeah ever since i went to runways and got the gait analysis done years ago, they've been perfect for me. used to do a lot of running in them

just surprised at the squats... pretty sure that weight was impossible for reps a few months ago

just surprised at the squats... pretty sure that weight was impossible for reps a few months ago

I love those days when you hit something for reps that was 1RM in the not too distant past and only realise after.

Soccer. Had to take a few aul goalie breaks but grand overall. I wish i was better at the running and passing!

Still no ab doms to report from Saturday

new program!
    woohoo!
    then maybe peaking & testing

Squat
    20 x5
    40 x3
    55 x2
    70 x1
    75 x1

82.5 4x5

first 3 sets grand. last set rpe 10

Squat - 2ct pause
    instruction rpe 7

tried 55 x6 - no thanks
    50 x6 -ok

trying to maintain tension at the bottom not just having a rest down there

Bench
    20 x8
    30 x5
    35 x3
    40 x2

45 4x5

Bench - feet up
    35 3x6
    supposed to be 7 rpe maybe a bit easy

MSR
    23 3x6

as usual i forgot what i was doing and did too many reps on the first set. doing that a lot on accessories lately

I saw leg press with single leg was on the day 2 program. i haven't used the leg press at all before so i asked one of the nice gym staff to show me.
    which is good because i didnt see the actual leg press and would have gone for the upside down one...

also i saw the post recommending a bluetooth scales in our nutrition subforum and i had an amazon voucher aaaaand long story short there is a bluetooth scales on the way to me.
    smart home EVERYTHING

• Advertisement

smart home EVERYTHING

Smart kettles are not smart.

They're filed under 'a load of me hole'.

Soz.

I am going to get a smart kettle one day and i don't care that it doesn't fill itself :mad:

Just concentrate on passing your exams so you're not the only thing in your home that isn't smart.

*mic drop*

I jest.

I just couldn't not drop that gag.

i can't talk to you anymore

i can't talk to you anymore

:)

I'll sell you a smart kettle...

I'll buy my own smart kettle! With blackjack and hookers!

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/010/832/bender.jpg

The trip spin class. We did san francisco today which i haven't done before. Good stuff

Basketball<3

And apparently about 4km of walking today and yesterday

RDL
    20 x8
    Deadlift
    60 x3
    80 x2
    100 x1
    110 x1

120 x1
    105 4x5

focusing on taking slack out of arms and moving hips back a little more

CGBP
    20 x8
    30 x5
    35 5x4

Leg press - single leg
    32 x9
    41 3x9
    still kinda getting used to it. also i think my left leg is slightly weaker
    the one i'm using isn't the upside down one but the upside down one is usually busy anyway and i think you need to load plates onto it

Lat pulldown
    37 (or 32 i don't remember) 3x6
    -ss-
    Tricep pushdown
    27 3x10

Also my fitbit broke so i emailed whingeing and asking for another one

• Advertisement

I actually prefer the more horizontal leg press to the plate loaded more vertical ones but they only have the latter in my gym. Find it really hard to feel it in my quads no matter how much I narrow my stance or whatever. I do find there are a few machines that just never seem to fit my body proportions no matter how much I mess round with the settings.

Well that's good to hear! wasn't sure if i was shorting myself

Today:
    Pilates again. someone else came this week!! another runner. pair of them on about running marathons haha.
    I tried to work harder on my core this week, and do the movements more smoothly and NOT let my lower back collapse (although your man catches it straight away if it does). I think i will have doms today
    we had to do a plank on a giant bouncy ball and roll the ball a bit, so basically like an ab wheel. can't do it without my lower back collapsing straight away so i totally cheated

I actually prefer the more horizontal leg press to the plate loaded more vertical ones but they only have the latter in my gym. Find it really hard to feel it in my quads no matter how much I narrow my stance or whatever. I do find there are a few machines that just never seem to fit my body proportions no matter how much I mess round with the settings.

Sometimes people don't think they feel it in theit quads but do feel it in their glutes and often because their glutes are weaker.

But it would be hard to leg press without engaging your quads...

I was definitely feeling my quads
    I'm still doing it slowly and a bit lighter to get used to it

trying a new gym today which is way closer

Squat
    20 x5
    40 x3
    55 x2
    70 x1
    80 x1
    90 x1

97.5 x1
    supposed to be rpe 7 single. between the setup and the new rack height and weights and whatever it was all a bit meh so i left it at that. which is how rpe works i guess

90 5x3 (82%)
    ok but dying on the last set. started leaning forward n all

Bench
    20 x8
    30 x5
    35 x3
    40 x2
    45 x1

52.5 x1
    47.5 6x3

MSR
    3x15
    i forget what the weight was. 30kg or something. different machine less ROM

I didn't see any big plates for deadlifting with, must keep an eye out

The trip spin class. There was a new route launched today. BY FAR THE HARDEST
    I got a water bottle and some kind of top i haven't opened yet as part of the launch promo which is cool
    Eta: it's a towel which is even handier 👍

The trip spin class. There was a new route launched today. BY FAR THE HARDEST
    I got a water bottle and some kind of top i haven't opened yet as part of the launch promo which is cool
    Eta: it's a towel which is even handier 👍

Aw man, I really wish they did the trip in my gym :-(

Since I changed to Flyefit and their rubbish spin classes, it has given me a whole new appreciation for the Les Mills model and RPM.

Oh you did the trip? I remember you mentioning it but didn't realise you had. It's cool.
    I do wonder am i forever spoiled for any normal spin classes now!

Some 'instructors' can make a real balls of spinning. I have to say.

"Put on some Euro dance and flute about with sprints and uphill etc at a whim".

Went to one place where instructor used to match music to RPM and resistance with digital resistance controls and display of RPM. Really enjoyed that.

Another guy was into cycling and used to make it enjoyable but tough.

The bullsh*t with zero effort and nonsense dance music unrelated to RPM and quarter turns here, there and everywhere...

And I never had the joy of saps telling you to do press ups as you 'climbed'.

• Advertisement

Oh you did the trip? I remember you mentioning it but didn't realise you had. It's cool.
    I do wonder am i forever spoiled for any normal spin classes now!

No, I have never done the trip, just the normal Les Mills RPM, but it looks so cool.

The "push-ups" on the bike that some do are ridiculous and all the flyefit trainers seem to love them - I really wonder who ever came up with that :mad: Refuse to do it tbh if I ever get stuck in a class like that (and never return). And I roll my eyes so loudly that I am sure the instructor can even hear it over the dodgy tunez.

Advertisement