Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I come too

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Ye, doing some facepulls. prob use the band to add weight to the dumbbell benching as well.

stopped running for a month or so and ended up just going c25k week4+ again to build up but also give me some structure.
    rest of the time is playing stardew valley

• Registered Users Posts: 24,591 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

bluewolf wrote: »
    Ye, doing some facepulls. prob use the band to add weight to the dumbbell benching as well.

stopped running for a month or so and ended up just going c25k week4+ again to build up but also give me some structure.
    rest of the time is playing stardew valley

I used to just have the red band but I added purple, green and orange. Purple is great for OHPs, banded press ups and the like, purple/green for rows, used green for RDLs. Like it's not the same as being under a bar but you do feel the next day that you've done some work.

For all my disparaging the dumbbells, the 5th round of bench was getting pretty heavy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

For all my disparaging the dumbbells, the 5th round of bench was getting pretty heavy

7.5kg x 5 x 40!?

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    7.5kg x 5 x 40!?

Only sets of 15 :(
    the month off didn't do me any favours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,486 ✭✭✭caviardreams

j@utis wrote: »
    How heavy are your dumbbells? My home workouts ended after two attempts. I just can't do it at home. I switched to cycling for next 3 months.

I found it a struggle too and am doing a lot less volume/exercises than normal tbh but I made a deal with myself to try 2 days a week of 3 set of 5 exercises (would normally hit 5 sets on most stuff in teh "old days") and am sticking to that (I tell myself "it's only 3 sets, HTFU!") Agree with Alf, finding bands decent!

Going with squats, push ups, OHP, one arm rows and deadlifts with a band as my 5 exercises. Its better than nothing I tell myself. And I can still hit 10 push ups so I have that as my maintenance goal / benchmark to aim for over time.

Motivation is hard some days though with work, generally feeling down, other life pressures etc. so go easy on yourself and just focus on "anything is better than nothing - even 1 set". It gets you started anyway!

Sorry for crashing your log bluey!

What bands are ye using?
    I have this one
    https://www.d8fitness.com/product/power-band-black/

What bands are ye using?
    I have this one

I have the purple and green one.

There is an orange (83mm) one that has more resistance than the blue that I got off Gymless on Adverts. I really just use this for RDLs. I don't squat with the band. Just sticking to single-leg work and using the 25kg sandbag.

What bands are ye using?
    I have this one

I got a red, black, green and blue from D8 fitness (same as your black one) a few years back. Have just moved on to the black for OHP now as I am a bit more used to it - started with red. The black is good for two arm bent over rows too.

My measurements are different to the ones on their site atm though - my green D8 one is approx 38mm and my blue D8 one is 56mm

Use the blue for DLs, don't use the green much tbh - I find it too much for a lot of upper body and not enough for things like DLs (especially as you're stronger than me!). The purple band could be decent for upper body stuff - wish I had it now (also cos well, purple is a nice colour :o)

Did some beat saber, terrible slow and short jogging, dumbbells

• Advertisement

Tempo skulls. RIP my arms

Tempo skulls. RIP my arms

Ouch.

At least it wasn't RIP your skull. Every cloud etc.

Does each x represent a set?

Or are you rating the exercises in kisses?

Workout 07 06

Bench 3-5s pause off chest 2s ascend
    10-12+ xxx
    Rdl tempo 3-5s pause 15+ xxx
    Skull pause on way up 8 xxx
    Glute bridge 20s xxx
    Face pull 10-12 xxx
    Bro curls 5-6 xxx

Threw in the curls today because i saw a picture of henry cavill. They're actually pretty hard :/

https://i.redd.it/qs12o01tk0351.jpg
    17.5kg dumbbells on their way! Bench will be better then.
    Still doing the skulls on 1 dumbbell. Maybe when i can do 15-20+ with a pause I'll be able for 2
    Left it at 3 sets because it's after 11 already

17.5kg dumbbells are reaaaaally heavy guys
    hahaha
    I can bench them thank goodness. was concerned when they arrived that i might not be able to :D
    i'll have massive traps if i shrug these

hahaha
    I can bench them thank goodness. was concerned when they arrived that i might not be able to :D

Same when I got the slam ball and was trying to lift it off the delivery guy's hand truck wondering why they had glued it to the hand truck....

The relief when I took off the bubble wrap and realised I hadn't lost every gain ever made :D

hahaha

Do you have a bench or are you doing floor presses with them? I'd love a bench :(:(

You'll be doing curls with them 17.5s in no time! :pac:

Do you have a bench or are you doing floor presses with them? I'd love a bench :(:(

You'll be doing curls with them 17.5s in no time! :pac:

i have 2 footstools of roughly equal height :pac:
    so basically a bench yeah

Coach did up a new program for me and videos of things
    Numbers are weights and Xs are sets... Used the 17.5kg and the 7.5kg dumbbells

Workout new program 11 06

Split squat iso hold xxx
    Split squat 2010 7.5x2 xxx

Push up xxx
    Goblet squat 17.5x2 xxx
    Will have to stick with one dumbbell or only do goblet squats when i can get himself to help load me up or something!!!
    getting both on shoulders nearly brained me even tho weight for it was so much better

Db bench 17.5x2 xxx
    Single arm rows 7.5 xxx
    Skulls 7.5 5s pause xxx managed 2x dumbbells on last set!! Have been one dumbbell til now

Facepulls later

Situps xxx

Goblet squat 17.5x2 xxx
    Will have to stick with one dumbbell or only do goblet squats when i can get himself to help load me up or something!!!
    getting both on shoulders nearly brained me even tho weight for it was so much better

I'm doing front squats with 12.5 x 2 DBs and jaysis it's just about ok to get them up but then they just feel so heavy /awkward on your shoulders :o I swear my arms/shoulders go well before my legs - so frustrating!

• Advertisement

I'm doing front squats with 12.5 x 2 DBs and jaysis it's just about ok to get them up but then they just feel so heavy /awkward on your shoulders :o I swear my arms/shoulders go well before my legs - so frustrating!

I don't know if you saw the video I had up, but I found them ok once actually up! I think I might actually do them with help again

I don't know if you saw the video I had up, but I found them ok once actually up! I think I might actually do them with help again

Might give them another go - maybe I need to position them a bit better

Workout day 2 16 06

Hamstring hold 15-20s xxx
    Rdl 4110 17.5x2 xxxx

Cg push up xxxx mostly did knees down for 15+
    Nordic curls negs or banded gm xxxx (did banded gm, nowhere to fix feet)

Band pull aparts xxxx
    Db row double sided xxxx (did single rows again tho as double was just to mix up)

Bear Mtn climb (maybe later, switched to some beat saber)

Workout day 1 23 06

Split squat iso hold 7,5x2 xx
    Split squat 2010 7.5x2 10, 12, 11

Push up 6, 6,
    Goblet squat 17.5x1 12, 10,

Db bench 17.5x2 8, 7, 7
    Single arm rows 7.5 12, 12, 12
    Skulls 7.5x2 (yay) 7, 8, 8

Facepulls 15, 15, 15

Core xxx

Everything is hard

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

Is your gym re-opening next week? Are you going back?
    Our one is but I'm not rushing back in, I want to see what it's gonna be like with the social distancing measures in place.

They'll be open but I'm tempted to try out a closer gym, although the closer one has booking slots. I don't know really
    I really miss lifting and doing proper cardio, I've got so unfit, so maybe I will go

04 07 RETURN TO GYM
    Deliberately left belt at home and kept it light today. Like. Warm up weights light

pause squat 50kg 5x5 xxxxx
    Bench 40kg 5x5 xxxxx
    Dl 60kg 5x5 xxxxx

The trip spin class

Unbelievably excited to be back

Unbelievably excited to be back

It's amazing to be back at it, isn't it!

Ow ow ow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

Congrats! Did the weights feel heavy? I'm planning to go back this week too but I did nothing the last four months, so it's gonna be interesting!

Advertisement