Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kettlebells vs. Weights

• 25-03-2014 10:50am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9

Which is better for working-out with?

Kettlebells or Dumbbells, Bar-bells etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

D) All of the above.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Kettlebells are weights :)

They all have a place. What's your goal?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 fitnessaaron

Sorry I mean for all round fitness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,670 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Sorry I mean for all round fitness.

Do you just want people to say kettlebells?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

kettlebells arent round tho. weights usually are. For all round fitness then I would use weights.
    Also for hex fitness.

I would use kettle bells for slight flattened spheroid with a handle fitness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭dylbert

kettlebells arent round tho. weights usually are. For all round fitness then I would use weights.
    Also for hex fitness.

I would use kettle bells for slight flattened spheroid with a handle fitness.

For truly all round fitness you can't beat medi balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Are you buying them for home use or are you in a gym where you can use either?

I think adjustable regular style weights are the best value, usually cheaper per kilo, probably a bit easier to sell on, you can buy more to add on as you progress rather than a full new kettlebell.

Can depend on what suits you best, its sort of like asking whats best a mini or a SUV

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭4umbrellas

Will definitely depend on your own goals and preferences. Can you try out the various options in a gym to see what you like best? The best exercise is one you enjoy enough to stick with it.

Advertisement