Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Upgrade

• 25-03-2014 12:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭

I just got my new iPhone 5s to replace my iPhone 5. I backed up my 5 to iTunes and then choose to restore my 5s from the back up. The only thing that transferred onto the 5s was my contacts. How come my messages, photos etc didn't copy over to the new phone.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

I just got my new iPhone 5s to replace my iPhone 5. I backed up my 5 to iTunes and then choose to restore my 5s from the back up. The only thing that transferred onto the 5s was my contacts. How come my messages, photos etc didn't copy over to the new phone.

Your contacts should be in iCloud so I don't think you have backed up or restored properly. Try back up the iPhone 5 to iCloud and restore from that back up with the 5s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Contacts won't be in iCloud unless you had the original phone set up to backup there.

kensutz wrote: »
    Contacts won't be in iCloud unless you had the original phone set up to backup there.

If his contacts are there but nothing from the back up is there, the contacts are most likely in iCloud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Not necessarily, contacts could be backed up in an email account too. It's something I've come across quite regularly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

I connected my 5 to iTunes and selected back up to iCloud and then hit back up now, after it's finished it says the iPhone has never been backed up to iCloud and says it was last backed up to my computer. I then synced the phone and it still says it's never been backed up to iCloud

• Advertisement

I see in the info tab in iTunes that my contacts are being synced over the air from iCloud

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

In iTunes can see what backups you have available?

Goto Edit; Preferences; Devices and you should see a list.

Hopefully there'll be one there from the date you think you backed up.

Dades wrote: »
    In iTunes can see what backups you have available?

Goto Edit; Preferences; Devices and you should see a list.

Hopefully there'll be one there from the date you think you backed up.

Yea the back up from my computer shows up there

I went into the iCloud settings on the 5 and have selected to have the phone backed up from there so that's underway, it's going to take 29 minutes

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Let us know how you get on.

• Advertisement

The back up I made to iCloud from the iPhone 5 itself has worked. Everything has transferred over. Don't know why the other ones didn't work.

Thanks for the advice

The back up I made to iCloud from the iPhone 5 itself has worked. Everything has transferred over. Don't know why the other ones didn't work.

Thanks for the advice

Glad to have helped

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

HI what is the Ipone 5s like? Worth getting??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

DonFred wrote: »
    HI what is the Ipone 5s like? Worth getting??

The fingerprint sensor alone is a big plus. I have a pass code on my phone so it's much handier to check the phone quickly.

Haven't done much playing around with it but the fingerprint sensor is a very good addition

Advertisement