Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with HDMI

• 25-03-2014 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

I'm having a problem with the hdmi on my tv(Nordmende). Whenever I plug anything in to the hdmi it just goes to a black screen. It seems to know there is something plugged it because when I plug the hdmi cable back out the tv says no input. I have tried the cable in another tele and it works perfectly. If anyone has any help it would be great. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,487 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

What's at the other end of the cable when the TV is blank?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭scottp68877

coylemj wrote: »
    What's at the other end of the cable when the TV is blank?

I tried connecting it to the labtop and I also plugged in the chromecast. Both work on the other tv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

do you use the same cable for the other tv? your cable may be bust, or else theres just an issue with the handshake between the two devices.

Sam Mac wrote: »
    do you use the same cable for the other tv? your cable may be bust, or else theres just an issue with the handshake between the two devices.
    Ye used the same cable for both. The tv and labtop recognises that it's plugged in but it just comes up a blank screen on the tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

is your laptop set up to connect to the tv? To connect mine I need to set it up manually.

• Advertisement

Sam Mac wrote: »
    is your laptop set up to connect to the tv? To connect mine I need to set it up manually.

Ye. It does it automatically but I have also tried it manually. When I connect it to the tv it comes up on the labtop whether I'd like to duplicate, extend or tv only and tried all options and still nothing but a blank screen. I also did the same on the other tele and there's no problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,487 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

A laptop is a bad test. A TV can support a given set of screen resolutions, ditto the laptop. They just may not be able to agree on a common standard so they can't talk to one another, it happens. What about a UPC or Sky box or DVD/Blu-Ray player?

You do realise that Nordmende is a resurrected brand owned by some Irish outfit? Probably not the brand to be buying if you're going to be connecting Chromecast and laptops.

coylemj wrote: »
    A laptop is a bad test. A TV can support a given set of screen resolutions, ditto the laptop. They just may not be able to agree on a common standard so they can't talk to one another, it happens. What about a UPC or Sky box or DVD/Blu-Ray player?

You do realise that Nordmende is a resurrected brand owned by some Irish outfit? Probably not the brand to be buying if you're going to be connecting Chromecast and laptops.

Haven't tried them yet but will give them a go. Ye I heard it's not the best brand but have had the tv the last few years so didn't really use the hdmi or anything like chromecast until recently.

Advertisement