Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hurling - help?

Options
  • 25-03-2014 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭

I've friends coming from abroad who've said they'd really like to watch a game of hurling during the weekend they are over. I know nothing about sports, and have no idea how to find one. I don't think it needs necessarily be a big match, could be a local friendly. I presume a GAA Club would be the place, but I've no idea where they are :rolleyes:

Somewhere in Dublin, where we can just turn up. Are there any regular places we could go to? Saturday or Sunday?

(Oh yeah, is there anything special I should know about the rules that they might need explained? :D)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭tomboylady

Why don't you take them to try it out for themselves: http://www.experiencegaelicgames.com/

Could be a lot of fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Find out which is your local club & then search for the fixtures here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

When are they over? There may be a decent match on they could go to see.

Dublin club league match fixtures can be seen here.

I'd strongly advise not just going to a club match though as the atmosphere won't be great. Especially for supporters of a novel sport to them, the atmosphere is crucial.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Thank you very much all - it doesn't look like there are any big or even adult match on in early April, but the websites are really useful. Not enough visitors for the GaelicExperience though!

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭tomboylady

I would give them a call anyway if you're interested. They'll usually try to pair different groups of friends/families together to make a big enough group.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Laneyh

What dates are they over?

Advertisement