Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planting potatoes

• 25-03-2014 2:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭

Hi i bought some seed potatoes at the week end, Sharpes express, Queens,Kerr Pinks. Can i sow all these at the same time or should i leave a gap of 2-3wks between sowing. I plan to sow 8mtrs of sharpes,8mtrs of queens & 14mtrs k.pinks. would that produce much return? Is it best to sow them 4" deep and then earth up? Do you only earth up once or keep doing so until the potatoes are ready?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

fiestaman wrote: »
    Hi i bought some seed potatoes at the week end, Sharpes express, Queens,Kerr Pinks. Can i sow all these at the same time or should i leave a gap of 2-3wks between sowing. I plan to sow 8mtrs of sharpes,8mtrs of queens & 14mtrs k.pinks. would that produce much return? Is it best to sow them 4" deep and then earth up? Do you only earth up once or keep doing so until the potatoes are ready?

This seems like a good Irish site for advice, including videos. Check out Youtube as well for more videos.

http://www.thegardenshop.ie/how-to-grow-potatoes.html

Advertisement