Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour with/through the Travel Department

Options
  • 25-03-2014 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi I am a 31 yr old Female and have made the executive decision to get off my ass this summer and travel to Italy unfortuately alone. I have never travelled anywhere alone before but found a Solo friendly Tour that I am interested in through the Travel Department.

My question is if anyone has used the travel department before would you recommend them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Evenstevens

I went to Italy with them before and did enjoy it. They know what they're doing and it really is good value I think overall. The guide we had was very knowledgeable and you don't have to think about connections, arrangements etc. You will probably find the age profile a fair bit older than you , I'm a similar age to you and was definitely the youngest in the group by a long shot but I had no problem with it. The only thing I did find was that there was quite a lot of things packed in to a week but you're not obliged to do everything. I would have liked a few more days to myself just vegging. Also, people often eat together in the hotel in the evenings where as I like going out and exploring the local restaurants especially in a country with food that good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Lunhara

Thanks!
    I don't mind the age difference one bit. But I would be like you and want to expore the local restaurants thats one of my main reasons for going :)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Hibernia93

Lunhara wrote: »
    Hi I am a 31 yr old Female and have made the executive decision to get off my ass this summer and travel to Italy unfortuately alone. I have never travelled anywhere alone before but found a Solo friendly Tour that I am interested in through the Travel Department.

My question is if anyone has used the travel department before would you recommend them?

Would you mind Sending me a PM of the travel company for my own interests offcourse :D:D Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Hibernia93

My bad sorry :) forgot never read the title I'll look into this too thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Evenstevens

Just to say, you're really obliged to eat in the Hotel, it's your call but it's just that it's usually included in the cost of the whole trip so people tend to just do that but in reality eating out is so reasonable there that you don't mind spending a bit on dinner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Hi Op. Did you go with the travel dept in the end?
    How did you find them?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement