Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I was Permanently Banned Over 5 Years Ago, I would like a Second Chance.

Options
  • 25-03-2014 3:29pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13

I have signed up with this account in order to get a second chance.

When I was 17 I was a regular poster in the rugby forum. I was immature and used to stoke provincial arguments and was subsequently banned. I re-registered and was permanetly banned. That was in 2009. I'm 24 now and despite re-regging with perfectly normal, well behaved accounts, as soon as its discovered that I am the same poster from 2009 I am banned. For an example, check out my most recently banned account 'Zeebs'.

Since that permanent banning I've had a number of accounts that were contributing perfectly fine to boards however within weeks/months I would be discovered and promptly banned.

I am just coming here to ask for a second chance. I know it says 'permanent' but I'm 24 now, it was 5 years ago and the 17 year old me was a very different person.

I won't post on this account other than in here.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Have you had conversations with the mod(s) who originally banned you? Or with any of the mods who banned your new accounts. You really ought to have asked for a second-chance before creating new accounts, and this might never have happened.

I'd also like to know what flagged you as a re-reg of your previous self given the time between accounts. If it was something in your behavior that doesn't suggest a new leaf has been turned over.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 Taganga

Dades wrote: »
    Have you had conversations with the mod(s) who originally banned you? Or with any of the mods who banned your new accounts. You really ought to have asked for a second-chance before creating new accounts, and this might never have happened.

I'd also like to know what flagged you as a re-reg of your previous self given the time between accounts. If it was something in your behavior that doesn't suggest a new leaf has been turned over.

No, I wasn't infracted or banned for anything recently that would have flagged it. A user in the rugby forum implied I was a re-reg because I was debating with him and he obviously wanted me banned.

I only get banned when the mods realize im a re-reg, not because of my behaviour. Buffybot would usually be the one banning me but also ruggiebear over the years.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

You still didn't say whether you approached RuggieBear or BuffyBot either prior to, or post ban. These are the folk you need to persuade, tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 Taganga

I have PM'd Buffybot linking him/her to this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I'm not sure why you thought, having being banned for creating multiple accounts, creating another one was a good idea.

The mind boggles. Discuss in Prison, where banned users can post.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement