Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for hazel

Options
  • 25-03-2014 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

Hi, I don't know if this is the right place to post this but it seems like a suitably outdoors-y forum..
    I am looking for a large quantity of hazel for large scale garden projects, would be delighted if anyone knew of hazel in quantity around clare or limerick and could provide info on the location. If landowner is known please send me details so I can seek permission to harvest the hazel.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

They might want it for themselves?

Hazel is a very useful item and most people wouldn't want you to take it for nothing, also there is the question of insurance, most people won't let you on to their land unless you have public liability insurance etc.

Also are you planning on using a chainsaw?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

monkeynuz wrote: »
    They might want it for themselves?

Hazel is a very useful item and most people wouldn't want you to take it for nothing, also there is the question of insurance, most people won't let you on to their land unless you have public liability insurance etc.

Also are you planning on using a chainsaw?

I'm only interested in what people don't want to use themselves, I'm sure there are areas of it unused here and there and no, no chainsaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

You could talk to these people. http://www.burrenlife.com/
    They may be happy to have some to harvest Hazel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Greenboots

Are you interested in growing Hazel for your own use??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

Greenboots wrote: »
    Are you interested in growing Hazel for your own use??

Hi. No. it would take too long to reach maturity for cutting and I need the rods quite soon. So I'm looking for good sized clumps of hazel. And permission to cut some of them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement