Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How silent is the Nvidia 750 Ti?

Options
  • 25-03-2014 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭

I have a middle of the road desktop PC I build 2 years ago.
    It is a small(er) form factor MiniITX, Core I5, Radeon HD6870 PC.

The performance is more than adequate to play most games on high settings in HD but I have one major gripe with my rig: noise.

The Radeon 6870 is very noisy and is always audible but will go to very noisy when playing a game.

I was wondering if replacing it with the new Nvidia 750 Ti would work. I want similar performance but a lot less noise.

Anyone has experience?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Just installed this on my HD 7870 Twin Frozr, idles at 25 degrees and 50 at full load, almost inaudible when the fans are at 100% (its fits a 6870 as well)

unnamed.jpg

bought it off Amazon if your interested

whoops only realised your case will not accommodate such a beast :)

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Wcool

That looks great albeit expensive.

I have this case:
    Silverstone Tek SG05BB-450

I think the fan is slightly too big. I wonder, maybe a water GPU cooler would work, I have no experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Wcool wrote: »
    That looks great albeit expensive.

I have this case:
    Silverstone Tek SG05BB-450

I think the fan is slightly too big. I wonder, maybe a water GPU cooler would work, I have no experience.

aye your case would be way to small, I had to remove a Hard drive tray from my case to fit the cooler

probably better off asking about the watercooling in the PC building and upgrading forum

Advertisement