Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Number Porting

Options
  • 25-03-2014 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭

Trying to get My geo number ported back to Eircom from Imagine WiMax.

Rang the number given by eircom 1800 301343 but this brings me back to sales who transfer me around the house.

Imagine have informed me that eircom must apply before they will release /port back the number.

Anyone know a direct number of someone who deals with this in Eircom ?

Ger

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

ger664 wrote: »
    Trying to get My geo number ported back to Eircom from Imagine WiMax.

Rang the number given by eircom 1800 301343 but this brings me back to sales who transfer me around the house.

Imagine have informed me that eircom must apply before they will release /port back the number.

Anyone know a direct number of someone who deals with this in Eircom ?

Ger

Hi ger664

Imagine and eircom use different infrastructure (unlike eircom and other providers) and with cases involving imagine normally the process involves reactivation or installation of an eircom socket with a temporary number then when the line is up and working the number needs to be ported from image to the working eircom line.

There is two ways to port the number over - cease service completely with imagine when all is working on the temp number with eircom then a couple of days later eircom can do a number swap (when imagine release the line) - or eircom can request the porting of the number – Both require a temp active number with eircom before hand and cases like this can take up to 30 days

Eircom sales on free phone 1800503303 will be able to arrange all this for you.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Hi Al

All of this is in place. Temp Eircom phone in place since 18th Feb Imagine account closed since 28th Feb. Spoke to Eircom sales who said Imagine must release the number then spoke to Imagine who said Eircom must request the port. I will try eircom sales again later today or early in the morning

Ger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

ger664 wrote: »
    Hi Al

All of this is in place. Temp Eircom phone in place since 18th Feb Imagine account closed since 28th Feb. Spoke to Eircom sales who said Imagine must release the number then spoke to Imagine who said Eircom must request the port. I will try eircom sales again later today or early in the morning

Ger
    Hi Ger,

Sales (order follow up) would be best people to contact (1800503303).

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement