Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunboyne 4 Mile

Options
  • 25-03-2014 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭

The Dunboyne 4 Mile is on this Sunday at 3pm.

The forecast for Sunday is good at the moment (13 degrees and no rain). Last year it was 1 degree and the year before it was 21 degrees so we're due a bit of luck weather wise! Check out www.dunboyneac.com for the route map etc.

Number collection (and same day registration) is from 12-2.30 in the community centre in the village.

Tea, sandwiches and cake (lots and lots of cake) with music and prize-giving straight afterwards.

Who's coming along?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

Already signed up. Did it last year and there's a great atmosphere as you run through the town 3 times so a great race for supporters too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

It's a good race all right (and a fine spread after) but running a marathon next week so have decided to skip it this year. Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

I've signed up too, I didn't know there was cake afterwards, very happy to hear that :D is the slice size based on your finish time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Mulberry

Firedance wrote: »
    I've signed up too, I didn't know there was cake afterwards, very happy to hear that :D is the slice size based on your finish time!!

Yes. So you better give it all you've got.

Lol.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Am in. Have been out a bit since the marathon with an injury, so not expecting a super time , but would love as close to 30 mins as possible. Ran the distance in 31 mins last night as a trial, so 30 or under would be great (for me).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Lock

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Great race, perfect conditions with no wind and just a tiny bit of rain (which was actually lovely). Got the time I was looking for so delighted. Tough last km when you're pretty much at 5km pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Great win by catriona mckiernan at 21:22.... She looked comfortable all the way through. She was second there 10 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

+1 for a great race. Running through the village 3 times really is great. Set my sights on a sub 25 and ended up going sub 24 so was delighted! :)
    Conditions couldn't have been more perfect.
    This year I had to wait around for my sister at the end so missed out on the best of the cakes though :(

Advertisement