Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rotate locked iPad

• 25-03-2014 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭

My iPad is on ios7. It is locked in portrait despite being turned off in control centre, slide switch is set for mute. Have also tried hard reset and allowing the battery to drain fully and then recharging, all to no avail. Any other things to be tried?

Thanks

Peter

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭bop1977

Flick up from the bottom of the screen to activate the control center. There should be a lock with an arrow around it. Tap this icon And that should fix the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

bop1977 wrote: »
    Flick up from the bottom of the screen to activate the control center. There should be a lock with an arrow around it. Tap this icon And that should fix the problem.

Yes Done as per original post!

I have just tried to download a compass app, it downloads but will not function! Must be a hardware issue.
    Any good repair shops in South or west Dublin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

I have just tried to download a compass app, it downloads but will not function! Must be a hardware issue.
    Any good repair shops in South or west Dublin?

Try restoring it as a new iPad before ya look at getting it repaired. What iPad is it and how old is it?

Thanks Guil.....sadly did not work! It's a 3 about 2 years old

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

I'd try getting it repaired under the SoG act first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

A couple of nice tips there... some triple clicking and couple of taps to be tried when I get home. thanks brophs. Will post results!

Cheers

Peter

Great link thanks. Wooden rolling pin, swung in girly fashion did the trick, just needed a restart and the job is oxo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Good stuff. I guess it might be the sort of thing that will go again, but sure at least you'll get another bit of use out of it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement