Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maximum span of concrete floor?

Options
  • 25-03-2014 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Does anyone know what the maximum span of a 200mm ground supported suspended reinforced concrete floor is? As my infill is going to be about 1.1mtr deep (past the 900mm threshold) I need to construct one of these but the only table I can find only goes up to a 4mtr span but my span is just over a 6mtr one. This floor is going to have to support considerable weight as it's in a workshop which will have quite heavy woodworking equipment in it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭4Sticks

Ask your structural engineer

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Does anyone know what the maximum span of a 200mm ground supported suspended reinforced concrete floor is? As my infill is going to be about 1.1mtr deep (past the 900mm threshold) I need to construct one of these but the only table I can find only goes up to a 4mtr span but my span is just over a 6mtr one. This floor is going to have to support considerable weight as it's in a workshop which will have quite heavy woodworking equipment in it.
    Structural items . Issues relating to the specification of structural components is prohibited. Any queries in this regard need to be dealt with by an architect/engineer privately.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement