Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Persistant calls from 01 765 2760

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 scott.cattell

Hi,

I've had 18 calls from this number to my mobile in the last 72 hours.
    This is ridiculous, and equivalent to harrassment.

Please can i arrange to be removed from call lists as this is extremely annoying, especially as when i answer there isnt anyone on the other end!

Regards

Scott

Hi,

since my above post i have recieved another 3 calls.
    If you're objective is to alienate your customers - you've succeeded!

I will have to seriously reconsider remaining a meteor customer as this level of harrassment is unacceptable.

Regards

Scott

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi,

since my above post i have recieved another 3 calls.
    If you're objective is to alienate your customers - you've succeeded!

I will have to seriously reconsider remaining a meteor customer as this level of harrassment is unacceptable.

Regards

Scott
    Hi scott.cattell

Really sorry about this,

Can you please PM me your mobile number & pin and I'll send this to  to be taken off calls right away.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Alan,

PM Sent

Regards

Scott

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 topbrand

Hi, I'd like my landline number removed from your database and any other dialups please.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Mr McBoatface

I too am getting calls to my land-line from this number at strange hours. Can I please be removed from what database or dial up I'm included on.

I'll PM Alan with my account details.

Thanks

jobyrne30 wrote: »
    I too am getting calls to my land-line from this number at strange hours. Can I please be removed from what database or dial up I'm included on.

I'll PM Alan with my account details.

Thanks
    Thanks for your PM jobyrne30

I'l escalate this for you today

Thanks
    Al

I also want calls from this number to stop ringing my landline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

GeorgeAVFC wrote: »
    I have 5 phone calls from this number in the last 2 days and wnet i answer the call there is no-one there - when i call the number back it advises me that Eircom / Meteor are trying to call me

Can you remove me from whatever cold calling lists you have - i have no problem talking to anyone however 5 calls in 2 days with no way of speaking to anyone is EXCESSIVE
    Hi GeorgeAVFC

I do agree with you. This does sound like an excessive amount of calls. While the calls are made from an automated dialler, this is no excuse for that no. of calls and suggests an error (perhaps temporary) with this. I will request that you be removed from the Calling list and will also pass your feedback to Operations.

In order for me to do so can you please PM me your Eircom account no. (also emobile and Meteor if you have a separate account no. for these) and will ask that you be removed from these.

thanks
    Colm

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Lionheart

After a brief respite, the calls from 01 7652760 have started again to my home phone. I never answer them but they are a real nuisance to say the least.

Please confirm that if I send a PM that you will make sure those calls will stop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

GeorgeAVFC wrote: »
    I have 5 phone calls from this number in the last 2 days and wnet i answer the call there is no-one there - when i call the number back it advises me that Eircom / Meteor are trying to call me

Can you remove me from whatever cold calling lists you have - i have no problem talking to anyone however 5 calls in 2 days with no way of speaking to anyone is EXCESSIVE
    Hi GeorgeAVFC

I am sorry to hear this. While we do call existing/ former customers from time to time you certainly should not be receiving so many of these calls over such a short period of time. I can request that you be removed completely from this calling list. Can you forward me by PM your Account no. if you are an Eircom/ Meteor Customer or if not currently a customer, your name and address and Phone no. and I will request that this be done.

thanks
    Colm

• Registered Users Posts: 46,108 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I googled this and came up with this thread. I also got a couple of these calls despite the fact that my number is clearly listed in the national directory database NOT to receive marketing calls

Can you explain why you are in breach of consumer and data protection?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,108 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Just had another of these calls this evening. I did ask for an explanation but as none is forthcoming you will now answer to someone else.

muffler wrote: »
    Just had another of these calls this evening. I did ask for an explanation but as none is forthcoming you will now answer to someone else.
    Hi muffler

Apologies for the delays - if you could please PM me the phone number you are receiving these calls to I will look in to this further for you.

Many thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Hi Guys,

have recently signed up with Meteor Mobile phone. Its seems that despite meticulously requesting not to be contacted under any circumstances on the various contract forms... I seem to have fallen foul of their marketing dialler application. Have had two calls from this number this afternoon. When I answer, it just hangs up.

Eircom represenatatives .. if I PM you may details can you query your systems and have me removed please?

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

I'm glad I got rid of eircom was sick of them calling me. terrible company very unprofessional staff

Hi Guys,

have recently signed up with Meteor Mobile phone. Its seems that despite meticulously requesting not to be contacted under any circumstances on the various contract forms... I seem to have fallen foul of their marketing dialler application.  Have had two calls from this number this afternoon. When I answer, it just hangs up.

Eircom represenatatives .. if I PM you may details can you query your systems and have me removed please?
    Hi littlevillage

Apologies for the inconvenience - do please PM me your details and I'll request this for you

Thanks
    Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,981 ✭✭✭KomradeBishop

There seems to be an unspoken rule between regulators (DPC and ComReg) and pretty much all companies these days, that nothing will be done to stop marketing spam and similar stuff, and only tiny fines will be meted out to companies - so that companies never actually stop spamming their customers.

I've cut off business with a few companies lately over stuff like this - I've been a customer with Eircom for decades, and it's a great way to lose my service; I've already requested to be removed from marketing lists several times, and if I get any more of these marketing calls, I am done with Eircom.

Pester people with these calls, and openly disrespect them by putting them back on marketing lists after they have requested removal, and lie to them by telling them they will not be put back on these lists in the future, and you will lose customers.

I just simply don't trust any company that pulls crap like this anymore - they will lie through their teeth, and keep on pestering you, no matter what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭georgefalls

As a side note.
    I was contacted by SKY the other day. I am a customer of theirs, but I have declined marketing calls in every way shape of form.
    So a guy rings me up asking if I want the sports package. I politely told him I didn't, and to 'again' remove me from any, and all, lists.

Yesterday, I got an email asking me to take part in a survey about MY experience of contacting SKY...???

They contacted me FFS, and despite being asked to be removed, they have the cheek to send me an email as well... You couldn't make it up..!!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭james1234

I've had three missed calls from this number just today alone!
    Please remove me from any call lists asap.
    Number sent by pm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

james1234 wrote: »
    I've had three missed calls from this number just today alone!
    Please remove me from any call lists asap.
    Number sent by pm.
    I'm very sorry to hear this james1234

I'll have this looked in to for you.

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭EASYNEWS

I recieved a call from this number on 19th Oct at 10.03 pm. The lady asked if I'd like a faster broadband. She said he could increase it for me straight away if I could hold on. After a short wait she said that there was a problem with her system and said she would call back the following day. Its two weeks later and I have heard nothing.

EASYNEWS wrote: »
    I recieved a call from this number on 19th Oct at 10.03 pm. The lady asked if I'd like a faster broadband. She said he could increase it for me straight away if I could hold on. After a short wait she said that there was a problem with her system and said she would call back the following day. Its two weeks later and I have heard nothing.
    Hi EASYNEWS

I'm sorry to hear of this, you should have been called back as advised. If you're interested in faster broadband please contact the eir sales team on free phone 1800500300 - Also, if you would like to see if your line  can get better speeds drop me a PM including your land line number and I'll see what speeds are available :)

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Choochtown

Please help! 

My wife works nights and keeps being woken during the day by the 01 765 2760 call. 

Is there any way we can get that number blocked? 

Thanks 

As above

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

My own experience with Eircon was that despite repeated promises to be removed from their marketing databases, I would find them calling me again a few days later.
    A similar frequency of door to door calls would also occur.
    Cue a letter to their data protection officer instructing him to finally remove me from their databases or face a charge of €10000 per call.
    The calls stopped!

kbannon wrote: »
    My own experience with Eircon was that despite repeated promises to be removed from their marketing databases, I would find them calling me again a few days later.
    Cue a letter to their data protection officer instructing him to finally remove me from their databases or face a charge of €10000 per call.
    The calls stopped!
    Thanks for that. After waiting 13 days here for a reply that never came, that seems to be my only option. 

Choochtown wrote: »
    kbannon wrote: »
    The calls stopped!
    Thanks for that. After waiting 13 days here for a reply that never came, that seems to be my only option. 
    Apologies for the delays in getting back to you Choochtown - please PM me the number you are receiving the calls to and I'll look in tot his for you.

Thanks
    Al

Thank you. PM sent. 

• Advertisement

Choochtown wrote: »
    Thank you. PM sent. 
    Thanks Choochtown

Al

Advertisement